Bjax going pro?

He wasn't injury prone this year, a broken hand from a helmet hitting it isn't the same as a bum knee or ankle. I honestly want the best for BJax, and I think as far as his draft status is concerned this may be his best shot. But, I would love to have him back next year. I just think we will be allright next year, we have 3 or 4 potential RB's in our incoming recruits, and one is on campus now. I think Glenn and Lucky are going to end up being a huge force for us in the next couple years.

Here is the journal star link to the article on Jackson.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/0...a0694532961.txt

From that article:

"This year’s pool of running backs in the draft may not be as deep or talented as next year, when sophomores such as Steve Slaton of West Virginia (134.2 yards per game this season), Darren McFadden of Arkansas (117.6), Ian Johnson of Boise State (142.8), Ray Rice of Rutgers (138.0), Tyrell Sutton of Northwestern (83.3) and Jonathan Stewart of Oregon (75.5) become eligible."

That is a HUGE point that I (and I'm guessing many of us) did not realize or think about. Talking about if he's going to be a top draft pick or not - he may have a better chance of going higher now with less on his resume against fewer RB options. If he has a better than average or even a great '07 campaign, he will still have a hard time getting above most of these guys.

We better be prepared. If he hasn't come out and publically stated he isn't going or even considering it....there is a high probablility he tries it. Best of luck to him either way.

I personally think it'd be better for him to go. May not be whats best for NU but best for Brandon.

Like it was said, the RB class coming out wont be as big and tough...he is hot right now, and gave a great showing.

Main reason I think he should go, there is no telling what will happen between now and the end of next season. He has to think about having Marlon Lucky and Cody Glenn behind him...his spot isnt "safe". They could work their ass off in spring and sit him back in 3rd or 4th string. Thats the main reason I think it'd be best for him to go...get out while you're hot and people know you.

I personally think it'd be better for him to go. May not be whats best for NU but best for Brandon.

Like it was said, the RB class coming out wont be as big and tough...he is hot right now, and gave a great showing.

Main reason I think he should go, there is no telling what will happen between now and the end of next season. He has to think about having Marlon Lucky and Cody Glenn behind him...his spot isnt "safe". They could work their ass off in spring and sit him back in 3rd or 4th string. Thats the main reason I think it'd be best for him to go...get out while you're hot and people know you.

Exactly. I think that the coaching staff showed that regardless of who had the hot hand, they were going to keep with the rotation. And it seems (at least to me) that Lucky is Callahan's 'project' and will always get the first look. I like Lucky...just saying that unless BJAX were to put up 200 yds/gm he would get the same # of carries next year.

I went on a draft chat board and they said he would likely be in the top 5 backs taken this year.