Bjax going pro?

Because of the class entering the draft this year, it might be the right time for BJax to go pro. I hate to see him go. I do not agree about the competion issues. He will have even more int the pros.

That being said, I do agree that Callahan for waht ever reason does favor Lucky. I believe BJax is our top back period, in all areas. Lucky goes down with the slightest contact and does not hit the holes. Lucky himself said "I don't have the body to be your every down back" in an interview. He just doesn't have the right frame of mind. Cody Glenn doesn't have the speed that Lucky or BJax have. When you see great backs running in College Football, you have the feeling that any play could go the distance and you are excited to see the runs. BJax is the only back I see playing for us that gives that feeling. With the rest, you are looking for the first down. With BJax you are looking for him to get into the secondary and take it to the house. I would hate to see him leave Nebraska, but would understand that this might be a good time. Personally, I believe with the O-line comming together, the passing game in full gear, BJax could be one of the top rated Backs in the country this comming year. But, that is just my opinion and a huge gamble for BJax. Lucky for some reason will get his carries and go pro himself just on merrit alone. Gruden loves him. Good luck to Lucky as well, I just do not see him as a featured back.

GBR

Because of the class entering the draft this year, it might be the right time for BJax to go pro. I hate to see him go. I do not agree about the competion issues. He will have even more int the pros.

That is the main thing. Compete in college....or compete in the pros getting a signing bonus and a couple hundred grand a year minimum if he makes the cut.

I agree with the comments about Lucky being Cally's project. It seems that he will always be getting looks to see if he can break through the wall and become our featured back. With that said, we've commented on Lucky's inability to fight through contact and Glenn's lack of breakaway speed. If BJax were to leave, why not Kenny Wilson? I mean it's obvious that there is something between him and the coaches preventing him from being on the field more. Maybe he doesnt hit the books enough, maybe he doesnt know the plays as well, but from a physical standpoint, that guy has all the tools of a #1 back. He has blazing speed, and he runs people over, as we saw late in the Colorado game. Either way, I wish he would straighten out whatever it is that he needs to, I'd love to see him on the field more often.

There seems to be a pretty big drop off in running backs after AP, and Lynch from Cal. I feel BJax could be the third overall back taken or maybe fourth behind Irons from Auburn. He is probally looking at second round or possibly high third, depending on what teams are looking for a quality back. There seem to be quite a few teams that could use a power running back. Off the top of my head, I think of Giants, Packers, Jets, possibly Miami (depends on Brown's health), Lions, Texans, Browns, and there are probally others that need a guy that can carry the ball 20+ times a game.

I agree with the comments about Lucky being Cally's project. It seems that he will always be getting looks to see if he can break through the wall and become our featured back. With that said, we've commented on Lucky's inability to fight through contact and Glenn's lack of breakaway speed. If BJax were to leave, why not Kenny Wilson? I mean it's obvious that there is something between him and the coaches preventing him from being on the field more. Maybe he doesnt hit the books enough, maybe he doesnt know the plays as well, but from a physical standpoint, that guy has all the tools of a #1 back. He has blazing speed, and he runs people over, as we saw late in the Colorado game. Either way, I wish he would straighten out whatever it is that he needs to, I'd love to see him on the field more often.

Wilson had fumblitis..... towards the end of the year others had it too, but he never protected the ball well, and on the run at the end of the colorado game, he still didn't protect the ball well. the last game or two I read that he was banged up for whatever reason.

Bjax has the tools, had he emerged early and been the premier back from game 1, he would have been closer to 1500 rushing. And he can BLOCK, so I think he has good pro potential. The shelf life for a RB is short, so i think he would be doing the right thing impressing at the combines and heading to the NFL to fulfill his dream. Do i want that? As a selfish husker fan i think i want him to stay, but we are talking about guys dream, he could come back next year only to take a injury like Herian....that would be unfair.

There seems to be a pretty big drop off in running backs after AP, and Lynch from Cal. I feel BJax could be the third overall back taken or maybe fourth behind Irons from Auburn. He is probally looking at second round or possibly high third, depending on what teams are looking for a quality back. There seem to be quite a few teams that could use a power running back. Off the top of my head, I think of Giants, Packers, Jets, possibly Miami (depends on Brown's health), Lions, Texans, Browns, and there are probally others that need a guy that can carry the ball 20+ times a game.

If you were a NFL team, would you be willing to take a chance on AP? For two years now, it seems like he's had some kind of injury preventing him from playing much. I'd hate to pay a guy millions in signing bonus only to have him hurt his entire career. No matter where he goes in the draft, I'd gamble and take Jackson. He is about as versatile of back as anyone. Not only does he run well, but he blocks and catches passes better than any of the other backs at least here at Nebraska. If he does leave, I hope Lucky or Glenn makes similar progress. Last year, Jackson didn't play more because of his ineffective blocking. This year, he was bar none the best. If Jackson does leave, I just hope one of the other three learn the blocking assignments.

BigRedfxty, Lucky not a featured back? umm he was that for the cotton bowl wasnt he? He did get over 150 yds of total offense. not saying that he's better than Bjax or anything just saying. if Bjax goes pro. Lucky is going to have a break out season, you cant deny this guys speed out of the backfield. if we get him the ball enough he'll make us some plays next year.

If you were a NFL team, would you be willing to take a chance on AP? For two years now, it seems like he's had some kind of injury preventing him from playing much. I'd hate to pay a guy millions in signing bonus only to have him hurt his entire career. No matter where he goes in the draft, I'd gamble and take Jackson.

Aside from his freshman year Jackson got hurt and missed some action. His Sophmore year his shoulder held him out of action and if it wasn't for timing his hand injury would have held him out as well. Peterson breaking his collarbone this year was a freak injury and will never happen again. He is head and shoulders better then any back that will be in the draft Jackson included.

If you were a NFL team, would you be willing to take a chance on AP? For two years now, it seems like he's had some kind of injury preventing him from playing much. I'd hate to pay a guy millions in signing bonus only to have him hurt his entire career. No matter where he goes in the draft, I'd gamble and take Jackson. He is about as versatile of back as anyone. Not only does he run well, but he blocks and catches passes better than any of the other backs at least here at Nebraska. If he does leave, I hope Lucky or Glenn makes similar progress. Last year, Jackson didn't play more because of his ineffective blocking. This year, he was bar none the best. If Jackson does leave, I just hope one of the other three learn the blocking assignments.

If I was a GM in the NFL, I would think that AP's upside is way higher than the downside as compared to any of the other backs I was looking at. It would also depend on who was on my roster at the current time. A team like Houston or Cleveland might want to take him early in the first round as he would be a guy to build a team around, I don't think BJax is that type of guy, but more of a complimentery player to put in an offense.

If I was a GM in the NFL, I would think that AP's upside is way higher than the downside as compared to any of the other backs I was looking at. It would also depend on who was on my roster at the current time. A team like Houston or Cleveland might want to take him early in the first round as he would be a guy to build a team around, I don't think BJax is that type of guy, but more of a complimentery player to put in an offense.

Exactly. I think of B-Jax as like a Kevin Faulk type back. A very good all around back, but not necessarily a franchise back. I think he definitely has a future in the NFL, but I'd like it if he stuck around for 07.

BJax has hurt his knees in the past. He hasn't had a season yet where he didn't have a injury. He also doesn't have a ton of film on him either. Lets remember he only started a handful of games although he played well. He will need a knock out combine/workout. Pass with flying colors on his physical. Do some great interviews. Its going to take some selling for him to go high I think. This yr the back pickings are kinda slim so say the experts. That doesn't mean that you'll go high though. You might just not see as many get drafted high. I'm thinking 4th, 5th rd possibly 3rd with knockout showings in front of the scouts and coaches. If he stays and shows some of the same and stay healthy next season... he can be a first day pick. I just don't see him being in the top 50-60 players picked this yr.

Lets remember Cory Ross didn't get drafted at all. And BJax was behind him.