Kellers Stats

admo

I dont have him as a shoe in yet.......very complex offensive scheme + 1 year to figure it all out + Callahan is unflinching in his gameplanning and approach to his offense = don't put all your eggs in Keller's basket just yet.

The one thing Keller has going for him is soft Big 12 north, big boy football experience and it is do or die for him next year, add the fact that he gets a running game and offensive line and the best recieving corp. in Nebraska that I have seen at Nebraska in a long time. It will either be a great year or another Alamo bowl.

Ppl kept saying he couldn't make those throws but I clearly remember him making those throws. KU and USC games comes to mind.

The only two long throws he made against USC, in my memory, was the streak pass to Nunn and the long pass to Herian where he under threw the pass and Matt was waiting at about the five for a good two or three seconds before it got there. Sure Taylor made a couple of passes down the field, but they were not great passes. Jamal Lord mades some down the field throws but that does not make him a good passer.

Ppl kept saying he couldn't make those throws but I clearly remember him making those throws. KU and USC games comes to mind.

The only two long throws he made against USC, in my memory, was the streak pass to Nunn and the long pass to Herian where he under threw the pass and Matt was waiting at about the five for a good two or three seconds before it got there. Sure Taylor made a couple of passes down the field, but they were not great passes. Jamal Lord mades some down the field throws but that does not make him a good passer.

Sheesh... the guy was POY in the Big 12- !?!?

Plus Herion was so open Zac underthrew it so he could make the catch. Same in the KU game. Sometimes you need to ya know. I also remember him throwing a bomb on OU that had to be 65 yds last season that just missed Swift. He threw it long effectively vs Michigan as well. I think his arm is underestimated. Seemed to me that when he underthrew it, most of times he may needed to get rid of it a little quicker (ala Big XII CC game). I don't get it... the coach doesn't let him go vertical very much so how can ppl claim he can't make those throws when past history says he is capable of making those throws? What are they going off of? The throw this yr he had problems with was the sideline medium outs. I thought quicker release myself. He was making that throw too last season. He seemed to struggle at times this season with that throw.

Besides... isn't that a Duke avi? You may need to stick to roundball my man.

Hopefully Sammy shows up against USC next year better than he did in 2005. Ouch!

I think he'll be a strong quarterback and it is true that our running game will help him out with opening up receivers. Personally, I like his fiery attitude as long as he keeps it constructive. Hopefully through his involvement with the program last year he has grasped what it is to play for Nebraska. That we love fiery players, but not players that run their mouth in the media or bring negative attention if we lose (such as blaming other players or coaches)

In any case, I'm excited to see what he can do!

He was the POY, but that does not mean that he was great at everything that he does. He won POY because he was great at throwing the underneath routes which lead to a high completion percentage and high touchdowns and low interceptions. He did not win the POY because he threw the ball down field with great success.

Plus Herion was so open Zac underthrew it so he could make the catch.

If Zac would of thrown a better pass there, it would have been a touchdown not just a catch. But because it was a poorly thrown ball, we ended up having to go for it on fourth down just to score a touchdown rather than having Matt walk into the endzone with a perfectly thrown pass.

I also remember him throwing a bomb on OU that had to be 65 yds last season that just missed Swift.

Throwing the ball a long ways does not make a person a great long ball passer. Like I said in an earlier post, Lord could throw the ball a long ways, but he was one of the worst passer that Nebraska ever had.

He threw it long effectively vs Michigan as well.

Oh that long slant pass that was caught within five yards of the line of scrimmage that Nunn ran the rest of the 52 yards for a touchdown. Or his 14 yard touchdown pass to Swift. Or his 13 yard pass to Hardy. Those were his three longest pass plays against Michigan. So I wouldn't say that he threw it long effectively at all.

I don't get it... the coach doesn't let him go vertical very much so how can ppl claim he can't make those throws when past history says he is capable of making those throws?

Maybe the coach knows that he can't throw it downfield with great success so they don't call many plays for him to do so. He may have connected on a few long passes this year, but he has not shown that he can consistantly throw down the field with great accurarcy and be successful at it.

It is a Duke Aviator, and I will talk about basketball with ya if you want. But you might want to freshin up on some of your football knowledge before you start telling other people what to do.

It is a Duke Aviator, and I will talk about basketball with ya if you want. But you might want to freshin up on some of your football knowledge before you start telling other people what to do.

Husker (Nebraska) chat board with a Blue Devil (Duke) avatar and the Gamecock (South Carolina) name....you must be a confused soul.

:sarcasm

Well I am sick of hearing how great he is. Show me on the field and finish a season. If he puts up I will give credit. I have concerns about this kid. It will be a major surprise to me if he is here throught the year. Leopards do not change their spots. We are putting all of our eggs in one basket and that basket has been less that thet strongest.

Count me a doubter on this one. Trouble brings trouble. Hope I am wrong.

maybe, maybe not......after the hassle at Arizona he may recognize his "last chance" and make something of it.....i think/hope he is smart enough to do that.......he needs to show up big in this his senior year to get the pros looking at him.....think his father may have finally gotten through to him.....we'll see

He was the POY, but that does not mean that he was great at everything that he does. He won POY because he was great at throwing the underneath routes which lead to a high completion percentage and high touchdowns and low interceptions. He did not win the POY because he threw the ball down field with great success.

Plus Herion was so open Zac underthrew it so he could make the catch.

If Zac would of thrown a better pass there, it would have been a touchdown not just a catch. But because it was a poorly thrown ball, we ended up having to go for it on fourth down just to score a touchdown rather than having Matt walk into the endzone with a perfectly thrown pass.

I also remember him throwing a bomb on OU that had to be 65 yds last season that just missed Swift.

Throwing the ball a long ways does not make a person a great long ball passer. Like I said in an earlier post, Lord could throw the ball a long ways, but he was one of the worst passer that Nebraska ever had.

He threw it long effectively vs Michigan as well.

Oh that long slant pass that was caught within five yards of the line of scrimmage that Nunn ran the rest of the 52 yards for a touchdown. Or his 14 yard touchdown pass to Swift. Or his 13 yard pass to Hardy. Those were his three longest pass plays against Michigan. So I wouldn't say that he threw it long effectively at all.

I don't get it... the coach doesn't let him go vertical very much so how can ppl claim he can't make those throws when past history says he is capable of making those throws?

Maybe the coach knows that he can't throw it downfield with great success so they don't call many plays for him to do so. He may have connected on a few long passes this year, but he has not shown that he can consistantly throw down the field with great accurarcy and be successful at it.

Awwww don't get yer panties all twisted in a wad Homeslice...

You have selective memory ... Michigan game he hits Nunn on a deep post that set up a score. Not a slant in. (maybe you need to bone up[ your football too...).

You are just illing on Zac. Right now he is about to win the starting job in the shine bowl this week beating the others out.

When you are as open as Matt was on that pass... you make sure he catches it over trying to get the TD. Besides Matt should of scored had the turf not jumped up and tackled him.

Anybody that comes to a NU board with a Duke avi... and starts hatin on Zac Taylor... can't be taken seriously.

And naw.... you can have Duke basketball... I'll stick to NU football anyday baby...

You have selective memory ... Michigan game he hits Nunn on a deep post that set up a score. Not a slant in. (maybe you need to bone up[ your football too...).

This was taken from the recap at Huskers.com

Nunn, a native of Houston, Texas, began a triumphant return to his home state by opening the scoring with his 52-yard touchdown catch from Taylor on a quick slant on NU's second drive of the game to give NU a 7-0 lead with 8:04 left in the first quarter.

You are just illing on Zac. Right now he is about to win the starting job in the shine bowl this week beating the others out.

I am not illing on Zac. He is a good quarterback and I hope that he wins the starting job in the shrine bowl and plays well. However, that does not mean that the guy does not have faults. If he was perfect at playing football, he would be the top draft choice in April, not a late round choice or free agent where he is projected right now.

Anybody that comes to a NU board with a Duke avi... and starts hatin on Zac Taylor... can't be taken seriously.

Oh I'm sorry, I did not realize that the aviator was the "have all, be all" of indications on someone's knowledge or loyalty to the Husker program. I'm sure anyone that has posted on this board for some time now can tell you that I am a 100% true Husker fan. I may like Duke basketball too, but that in no way takes away from my love of the Husker football program.

Gamecocks knows what hes talking about... You dont have 4000 post without knowing a thing about football. I agree with him 100%. And what does the duke avitar have to do with anything?

Anybody that comes to a NU board with a Duke avi... and starts hatin on Zac Taylor... can't be taken seriously

Im pretty sure gamecocks didnt just come to the board and start saying how zac sucks. Hes been around a long time he didnt just join. I like him a lot and he is VERY knowleged about husker football.