any official news on bjax & bowman?

As much as I would like to agree, we do have talent coming back, but we do not have a complete back coming back. You are really talking about a back that should have started the last two years. He was way ahead of Cory the year before.

He will be hard to replace as none of the others have any intention of blocking or at least have not shown it this year. Zac's problems normally happened when BJ was not on the field. He is pivotal for this program to reach the level that some are expecting thes year. Remember we have a new QB next year, that most likely in the early games will need all the help he can get. We truly have no one to replace him that I have seen.

That list is only the early entries. I didn't list the seniors coming out. The argument for staying a year is:

You only need one good year. If you have a breakout year you go in the first round. McFadden would be a first round pick if he was old enough this year because he had one good year. AP has had one good year. Vince Young moved to number 3 because of one good game. BJax could make his status go through the roof if he can prove that he is better than the three we have and have a 1000 yard season with a few in the air as well.

They don't take people in the draft due to how they played their college career. They take them based on their last season (sometimes their last game) and their workouts.

I wish he'd stay to challenge KW but Lucky might fill in there.

As much as I would like to agree, we do have talent coming back, but we do not have a complete back coming back. You are really talking about a back that should have started the last two years. He was way ahead of Cory the year before.

He will be hard to replace as none of the others have any intention of blocking or at least have not shown it this year. Zac's problems normally happened when BJ was not on the field. He is pivotal for this program to reach the level that some are expecting thes year. Remember we have a new QB next year, that most likely in the early games will need all the help he can get. We truly have no one to replace him that I have seen.

once again, i agree, we will now need someone to "step up" or Sam will be on his ass alot too.....

Even though the analysts have him as a 4th-6th rounder, I don't necessarily buy that. A guy that can run hard, has plenty of moves, can catch out of the backfield and can pick up the blitz well in an NFL-type system is going to be a bonus for a team. Most NFL teams have 2 top backs, and I see no reason why B-Jax can't serve the same purpose as Buckhalter does in Philly and B-Jax is more versatile. Good luck to him, tomorrow is never a guarantee.

Coach Bill Callahan statement on Brandon Jackson:

“We have been made aware of Brandon Jackson’s decision enter the NFL Draft. I want to thank him for his contributions to the Nebraska football program and we wish him nothing but the best in the future. We were hopeful that he would choose to stay at Nebraska to complete his eligibility and, most importantly, continue to pursue his college degree.”

Good Luck BJ. Door is wide open for one of the others to step up. We need them to do it. I must admit I am sad to see him go, I have been a big fan of his for the last two years. I think he could have gotten a better deal next year,but I am sure the family needs the money.

Marlon, Cody get your bottoms to work! We need you now more than ever!

I wish BJax the best at the next level. He certainly showed this year that he is quite talented and a hard worker.

This is going to be a big spring obviously for Lucky, Glenn, and Wilson. I hope the coaches now can work with Cody and help develop his skills more and use him more than just primarily short yardage. Lucky really came on this year but we still will need other guys to help with the season long running back workload. I know Cody is determined to work hard to improve his overall skill level and is ready to take on more responsibility in the offense. Nice opportunity for Wilson too to get more reps. We just need these guys to heal up and get ready for an active spring.

I'm already excited about the Spring Game.

Lucky, Glenn, Wilson - should make for an exciting spring.