Will BJax make it ?

HANC

Now that it is official that he is going to enter the draft, how many of you HONESTLY think that he made a good decision.....

Probably made the right decision as far as "draft-stock" is concerned.... but I am concerned that he may end up like Derek Brown, Calvin Jones, Damon Benning (whom I love, and is a GREAT commentator).....

He will either not make a roster...which i think is a possibility, with all of his injuries OR he will come out of the blue and be a surprise back that sees the field a lot......

What is your guys/gals opinion....

I am not asking if he made the right decision, that has been talked about to exhaustion......the question is NOW if he will make it in the NFL.

I think BJax will do really well. He blocks in the pocket. He picks up blitzes. He catches out of the backfield. He had to learn a helluva playbook. And he runs hard between the tackles. He needs to stay healthy. He is physically ready and has a good head on his shoulders. He's mature. So who cares where he gets picked. He totally impressed me this past year.

SUCKS ASS THAT HE IS GONE!!! :throw

But I look foward to watching him on Sundays, and I'm not talking on special teams either. Give him a few years. The NFL is adopting two back rotation lately. And the NFL is a totally different beast. Only the toughest survive.

Good luck BJAX!

It will really depend on who drafts him. I could see him doing well if he is in a situation where he can be the change of pace back to start his career. Much like Marice Jones-Drew or Micheal Turner this past year. I would really like the 49ers to draft him as a change of pace back to Gore, but I don't see them taking a running back until the second day in which BJax will not be there for the taking. The team I think my look at him in the third round is the Lions. Jones is schedule to, or already had, offseason surgury and might not be able to play until midway through the season next year. That would be a great situation for Brandon to be in as he would most likely split carries with who ever they bring in to help (I heard they were interested in Faulk).

i believe he will make it......pork chop made it, Brandon is more versatile

Pork Chop didn't take a single handoff this year. He "made" it as the back-up Kickoff return guy and only saw the field because the first team guy got hurt. Saying he "Made" it is kind of a stretch. Heck if he has "made" it then Derrick Brown, Calvin Jones, and Kenny Clark really "Made" it. I said it in another thread Jackson made a Big Mistake leaving early.

I dunno, I really think he has a tremendous upside..... we have seen how he can break tackles....and ankles, as well as block and catch passes. He is physically ready IMO, and he will be just fine. I think he will be in the league for quite a few years, he just will take a couple to have any significant impact....

I honestly think he made the right decision. He had a very productive year, he showed he has the skills for the NFL (between tackles, burst outside, pick up the blitz). I doubt, with the "heavy hitters" coming out next year that he would have improved his stock much.

Will he make it? Yes, I think so. He's tough, skilled, apparently a good work ethic. He seems versitle, and he's big enough to be an every down back.

Will he be a star? Probably not - while he showed some burst, I'm not sure he has that special gear that the great ones have. And above all, he has to stay healthy; not many teams will wait long on a non-first day draft pick at running back who is in the whirlpool more than the practice field.

I dont think C. Buckhalter is any better than B. Jackson and hes been in the NFL awhile even though hes hurt all the time. Jackson will be a good #2 RB for the right team and could be a #1 if need be. He reminds me a lot of Travis Henry. Doesnt do a lot to really wow you but at the end of the play you realize what should have been a 3 yard gain he made 5.

I dont think C. Buckhalter is any better than B. Jackson and hes been in the NFL awhile even though hes hurt all the time. Jackson will be a good #2 RB for the right team and could be a #1 if need be. He reminds me a lot of Travis Henry. Doesnt do a lot to really wow you but at the end of the play you realize what should have been a 3 yard gain he made 5.

I think he would be about a C. Buckhalter type, maybe a little better, but maybe not. I'd like to see him get drafted by Denver and be the "thunder" to Tatum Bell's "lightning". I think he is perfect for Denver's system.