Will BJax make it ?

HANC

I dont think C. Buckhalter is any better than B. Jackson and hes been in the NFL awhile even though hes hurt all the time. Jackson will be a good #2 RB for the right team and could be a #1 if need be. He reminds me a lot of Travis Henry. Doesnt do a lot to really wow you but at the end of the play you realize what should have been a 3 yard gain he made 5.

I think he would be about a C. Buckhalter type, maybe a little better, but maybe not. I'd like to see him get drafted by Denver and be the "thunder" to Tatum Bell's "lightning". I think he is perfect for Denver's system.

I have a feeling that Tatum Bell is starting to get in the dog house in Denver. His fumbling problem saw his carries fall as the season went on. I wouldn't be surpised to see Denver pick up Kevan Barlow plus draft another running back this next offseason.

I guess it all depends on everyone's definition of "making it". If you think "making it" is being a back up who gets a few carries here and there, then yes I think he'll definately make it. But I also think he could be a solid #2 guy, and good enough to be the starter if the other guy gets hurt, as most of you have already said. So basically, yea.....I think he'll make it.

If he could pick up another 5-10 lbs of muscle and not lose a step would serve him very well. I was noticing this week that all the feature backs playing in the playoffs last weekend were 220 plus behemoths. Now days the starters are like fullbacks of 7 yrs ago in the NFL. Maybe Jones of Chicago was the smallest one starting. Presently BJ is 210 lbs and kinda small these days for a starting back.

Another plus for him would be to show that he could maybe return kickoffs.

A negative will be there is not a lot of teams hurting at RB right now. Still that could change by next fall. He definitely will need to beat someone out to make a squad whereas Adrian Petersen will have someone possibly be cut to make room for him.

But my gut just keeps telling me he should have stayed and his stock would have increased greatly.

I don't know if his stock would have increased any more if had stayed another year. He got a lot of touches this year because the other backs were banged-up. He probably made the right decision, especially considering that this year's draft is not deep in running backs. I think that NFL teams will be impressed with his highlights films. He is really a capable back....a perfect fit for the west coast offenses that are prominent in the NFL. He shows tremendous patience waiting for holes to develop and finds ways to get those extra two or three yards AND he has good hands.

But I also think he could be a solid #2 guy, and good enough to be the starter if the other guy gets hurt, as most of you have already said.

Agreed. He may not be a back that carries 15-25 times per game for an NFL team, but he will definitely see the field IMO.

I really enjoyed watching BJax this past season. Good luck Brandon.

Anyone that doesn't think B-Jax is going to be a decent draft pick should look at Joseph Addai. B-Jax actually has better stats than he did in their respective draft years(900 yards rushing/20 receptions to nearly 1000 yards/33 receptions). I think B-Jax will be a good complimentary guy in the pros, but not a starter. Addai went that high based on measurables at the combine and the fact that he was a solid player at LSU. I don't think B-Jax will be a first rounder, but I would be surprised if he lasted beyond round 4.

Anyone that doesn't think B-Jax is going to be a decent draft pick should look at Joseph Addai. B-Jax actually has better stats than he did in their respective draft years(900 yards rushing/20 receptions to nearly 1000 yards/33 receptions). I think B-Jax will be a good complimentary guy in the pros, but not a starter. Addai went that high based on measurables at the combine and the fact that he was a solid player at LSU. I don't think B-Jax will be a first rounder, but I would be surprised if he lasted beyond round 4.

:yeah

Based on B-Jax's ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, especicially on screens, and his ability and

willingness to pick up blitzes, I think he may be able to compete for immediate playing time as a 3rd down back. Since he had to learn the blitz pickups of Callahan, he should have an advantage heading into training camp compared to other running backs in the 3rd - 5th round range. NFL teams don't want their star RB in the game on passing 3rd downs picking up blitzing LB's. Hopefully he can make enough of an impact and stay healthy to get a shot at being a starter somewhere.

I see his career following that of Chester Taylor who was a mid to late round pick who made a name for himself as a 3rd down back before getting his shot this year with the Vikings.

We'll miss him at NU, but hopefully we will be watching him on Sunday's representing the Huskers.

While he was nice to have in our arsenal, I am sorry to say say that ol'jax might have a tough time making a squad. He had a great year, but it was exactly that. 8 good games coupled with a track record of being hurt every year makes for a tough draft pick.

Bjax is a good RB but he is coming out too early

Here is a recent comment on Bjax from Kiper Jr.:

John(Lincoln): What are your thoughts on Brandon Jackson(Nebraska RB) leaving early? I don't know if he can really be an impact player in the NFL.

Mel Kiper: (1:34 PM ET ) I think he will be. I'm very high on Brandon Jackson. He's got good size. He was plagued by shoulder injuries his first years. He averaged 5.3 a carry though. He has outstanding running ability. He finished third on the team in overall catches. He played his best football late in the year. I think this is a kid that could be a real good second or third round pick.

I think Bjax has a very good career in the NFL.

Here is a recent comment on Bjax from Kiper Jr.:

John(Lincoln): What are your thoughts on Brandon Jackson(Nebraska RB) leaving early? I don't know if he can really be an impact player in the NFL.

Mel Kiper: (1:34 PM ET ) I think he will be. I'm very high on Brandon Jackson. He's got good size. He was plagued by shoulder injuries his first years. He averaged 5.3 a carry though. He has outstanding running ability. He finished third on the team in overall catches. He played his best football late in the year. I think this is a kid that could be a real good second or third round pick.

I think Bjax has a very good career in the NFL.

I tend to agree with Kiper on this. The draft is what he does.

If Jackson gets into the right situation, I think he can be a star. First of all, he is a specimen. We didn't really get to see him shine until this year for a couple of reasons. If he gets into a similar situation as Ahman Green did, then I think he will eventually shine. He needs to be a backup for at least 2 years to adjust to the speed of the game and pick up the blocking schemes. As long as he's not expected to start and carry the ball 20+ times a game, I think he'll have a long successful career.

I think he's hands down better than Buckhalter. Actually, I think he's probably the best RB we've put into the NFL since Green. He blocks well, catches well, and runs well. He has tremendous upside potential, and I think some might be surprised at how high he does end up going in the draft. If he has a good combine, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him go late in the 1st round.