Why Lucky is our best back

IB's that pound the ball for 30 plus carries are not the norm anymore with the importance on the positional player.

Heck New England plays three backs, and about every team minus San Diego and KC use multiple backs.

I like the work horse who can pound the ball consistently through out the game, it tends to wear on the "D's"

mind set as the game moves on.

Castille weighs 25 lbs more than Glenn does, plays in the highest classifcation in Texas, and is as fast as he is. He is no where near as fast as Lucky is, but he does have good enough speed. He will see the field this year. My guess, and this is just a guess, is that Glenn will see a more prominent role as far as recieving more carries between the twenties, and Castille will get Glenn's role as a more short yardage situation back. You have to remember that Glenn is losing weight to improve on his skill set, so maybe by the time fall camp roles around, Castille will be alot bigger than Glenn, hell he already weighs 250

don't know if Glenn can pull it off, but he is trying to increase his speed by losing some weight, but don't think he will have the moves he has never used before. he is a straight ahead guy and i don't think cally has thrown even 1 pass at him? damn, i guess he must be a pitiful receiver?

i don't know, i just don't think cally likes using this kid in his system. maybe watson can change his role, but likely he will not have much influence over cally.......i just don't understand why you don't see these 2 guys (Glenn and Lucky) in the backfield at the same time? sometimes i really think cally has limited imagination in play calling/formations, except for trick plays. he seems completely focused on shifts and motion and not on personel deployment....oh well, it is what it is

Hey StuckIn - maybe you're "stuckin" the wrong stats.

I expect a lot of great things from Castille and have high hopes for him at Nebraska. Just wanted to point out after StuckIn confidently stated that Castille and Glenn have basically the same exact speed that Castille's workout at the 2006 Baylor Scout.com combine in Waco sure paints a different picture. Castille was timed that day at 4.82 seconds in the 40-yard dash. Yes, he was carrying around 242 pounds that day. Glenn was in the 220s when he ran at the Texas A&M combine back in high school but his time that day was clocked at 4.62. Glenn also finished #1 among all running backs that day in the strength contests. I'm not stating either guy will win any track contests in the near future, but saying that Castille and Glenn would finish in a dead heat in a speed race is just pure fabrication.

Finally to StuckIn - I think it's time that you start to get "stuckin" some accurate information.

No offense but after today no one is set in stone to come here anymore.......(in regards to Okafor in 08)

I agree these commits aren't engraved in stone. But Okafor is from Westside right here in Omaha. I sure hope to god we don't lose him, he's going to be one of the best running backs in the nation next season. If we can't hold on to an Omaha high school running back that commits an entire year early we're screwed.

Hey Cody, maybe you want to check on the times of the other players who ran the forties on said day. Im sure you have been to Texas, based on your name, so you would know that its a pretty windy state. Was either running into/with the wind? Was it on the same surface? Who timed it? Was it electronic? What did the other guys run? Comparing two forty times two years apart is just plain stupid. I was just going off what I have seen on film of Castille and in person on Glenn. I know that the general speed of players that Castille is running away from easily in his highlight reel isnt as high as what Glenn is running against now, but high school dbs in the largest classification in Texas arent slow either. Maybe Glenn is marginally faster than Castille, but it isnt night and day. Callahan told Castille that he was the best player he has ever seen in high school. He didnt tell Glenn, Lucky, or Wilson that, so maybe, just maybe, he sees something in this kid. Take the blinders off man. Glenn is a good back. Im glad we have him. He isnt the second coming of Eric Dickerson.

StuckIn - I'm glad the Huskers got Castille too.

Stop trying to get away from the main point. Your broad and sweeping generalizations get very tiresome when the factual information that we all have to work with keeps telling a different story from the one you have painted numerous times, just on this one thread.

Let me just put it this way - I trust the timers at a Texas A&M combine and a Baylor combine more than I trust your eyes from watching a few pieces of film.

I played football in the same state as Castille and have seen more 5A games in person here in Texas in the last 20 years than you could probably count. I expect Castille to do great things at Nebraska...just get your facts straight, it's that simple!!

Lucky is fast but he's not good up the middle. He is a good receiving back also and can make some good cuts, but some plays he wont and he cant put forth an extra effort to drag a guy for a couple of yards or break a tackle to spring him for a big run. But he's probably the best we got so I guess were stuck with him.

And I guess were stuck with hearing your dumb ass post's

Lucky is fast but he's not good up the middle. He is a good receiving back also and can make some good cuts, but some plays he wont and he cant put forth an extra effort to drag a guy for a couple of yards or break a tackle to spring him for a big run. But he's probably the best we got so I guess were stuck with him.

And I guess were stuck with hearing your dumb ass post's

Lucky is fast but he's not good up the middle. He is a good receiving back also and can make some good cuts, but some plays he wont and he cant put forth an extra effort to drag a guy for a couple of yards or break a tackle to spring him for a big run. But he's probably the best we got so I guess were stuck with him

once again go back and look at the film. the kids runs hard. when he gets in trouble is when he is indecisive. that is a sign of inexperience, and will be corrected in time. think about the difference in the type of runner bjax was from 2 years ago to last year. If lucky can do the same....look out.

Gee, Lucky takes almost half of the playing time from the third best running back in this year's draft, and he is "good enough" for you. As for Cody, my facts are straight, if you want to go off of that. Lucky was timed at 4.4 in his combine, and also placed in the top five in every single event at his combine, despite the fact that he was bench pressing against lineman. Not that any of this matters, but you seem to think that somehow forty times in Waco, Texas, two years apart prove that Glenn is significantly faster than Castille. Well then, by the same logic, I trust the combine officials in LA more than I trust your own judgement, so Lucky is clearly far faster than Glenn. Dude, lets face it, guys who know a hell of alot more about football than us clearly see that Lucky is a better all around back than Glenn, which is why Lucky sees the field three times as much. Dont believe me? I will put myself out on a limb and guarantee you that Lucky gets drafted higher than Glenn, and barring injury, will far more sucessful than Glenn in the pros because he has more tools. The facts are this, Lucky plays more, has more yards, has similar ypc, has infinity times more receiving stats, and runs a faster 40 yard dash, since you think that is important. Your wrong, Im sorry if that is hard for you, but you do not personally know more than a single coach at the University of Nebraska, and as well as you believe you know Glenn, you dont know a damn thing about Lucky, and apparantly even less about football.

well, i know a thing or two about a thing or two and i know what i know if you you know what i mean.

that being said, let's not get personal here...

Well said, Hack..

Gabby Johnson:

I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.

Howard Johnson:

Now who can argue with that? I only wish our children were present to witness these fine words

Taggart:

God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

Blazing Saddles

well, i know a thing or two about a thing or two and i know what i know if you you know what i mean.

that being said, let's not get personal here...

Well said, Hack..

Gabby Johnson:

I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter.

Howard Johnson:

Now who can argue with that? I only wish our children were present to witness these fine words

Taggart:

God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

Blazing Saddles

and...

awesome