No more excuses

It is our responsiblity to stop them. Not there responsiblity to change their offense so they don't score. Each and every kid on the team should be allowed to play their best. Running up the score as some complain was what TO used to do regulary. He played the 2nd 3rd and 4th teamers. But he let them play, if the defense was not good enough to stop them so be it.

Texas Tech did the same thing.

Coz may not be the greatest coach out there, but he is being looked at by the pros on a regular basis. I wonder how many on here that are complaining about him, are being considered for promotion to a much higher level. What we know and what we think we know are normally two different things.

When the Washington, Bullocks problems were going on, I told you weeks before either left or decided to that it was going to happen. Check the posts. There were many problems, and lot of them casued by our previous DC. You can believe what ever you want, but facts are hard to dispute. Back then I had a friend that told me lots of things about the program. He has moved on so I get very little information anymore, and in honesty try to keep my nose out of things that do not involve me.

Coz should have closer to the talent level we need next year. I am giving him a chance to have players that buy into his ideas and the ones he has recruited to employ them.

I am not a big fan of Coz either, but he still has more time to prove us right or wrong as far as I am concerned.

It is our responsiblity to stop them. Not there responsiblity to change their offense so they don't score. Each and every kid on the team should be allowed to play their best. Running up the score as some complain was what TO used to do regulary. He played the 2nd 3rd and 4th teamers. But he let them play, if the defense was not good enough to stop them so be it.

Texas Tech did the same thing.

Coz may not be the greatest coach out there, but he is being looked at by the pros on a regular basis. I wonder how many on here that are complaining about him, are being considered for promotion to a much higher level. What we know and what we think we know are normally two different things.

When the Washington, Bullocks problems were going on, I told you weeks before either left or decided to that it was going to happen. Check the posts. There were many problems, and lot of them casued by our previous DC. You can believe what ever you want, but facts are hard to dispute. Back then I had a friend that told me lots of things about the program. He has moved on so I get very little information anymore, and in honesty try to keep my nose out of things that do not involve me.

Coz should have closer to the talent level we need next year. I am giving him a chance to have players that buy into his ideas and the ones he has recruited to employ them.

I am not a big fan of Coz either, but he still has more time to prove us right or wrong as far as I am concerned.

i agree, but his time is getting a little bit short....2 more years for me to get satisfied.

5 years is what I said the first day. I think it will take that long to know if either side is working like it needs to.. I just do not want to see us on the Alabama time table.

I think we are on the right track, but I also agree there are changes that need to be made. I just want to be sure the right changes are made at the right time. I think BC knows what he wants and will get us there. I did not want him or Coz. Urban was my first choice and the Fresno State coach 2nd (can't think of his name right now. But we have them and we need to give them every single opportunity to succeed. The program can not handle changes very well due to our being a less than excellent recruiting destination.

5 years is what I said the first day. I think it will take that long to know if either side is working like it needs to.. I just do not want to see us on the Alabama time table.

I think we are on the right track, but I also agree there are changes that need to be made. I just want to be sure the right changes are made at the right time. I think BC knows what he wants and will get us there. I did not want him or Coz. Urban was my first choice and the Fresno State coach 2nd (can't think of his name right now. But we have them and we need to give them every single opportunity to succeed. The program can not handle changes very well due to our being a less than excellent recruiting destination.

I am just tired of seeing Coz do things that are, to me, inexplicable.

When the other team lines up – in obvious passing situations – in a four wide formation, we should not have a middle linebacker dropping into some sort of a funky zone to cover a wide receiver. I don’t care how inexperienced a young D-back may be, he still has a better shot at covering a wide-out than the middle linebacker (or any other linebacker on our current roster).

Also, cover-two sucks.

Also, giving a 10-yard cushion on 3rd and 5 shows questionable defensive design.

Also, moving Carriker all over the D-line seems to take, arguably the most dominating player we have had in years, and forces him to have to react to the offense instead of taking control of HIS position on the line of scrimmage. Which is also a questionable defensive design.

I am not saying there was never poor execution, but all of the above-mentioned are flaws in the way Coz used the talent he was given. So, my question still remains; will he know what to do with all this new talent when he gets a chance to use it? I hope he does. If we have a good defense where Coz’s gameplan works and we don’t just hold on against an onslaught of second half offensive barrages from our opponents and squeak out victories (or not hold on and lose as was also the case this season), then I will be convinced of the “Coz just needed to get his players in place argument.” If on the other hand I am correct, and Coz is just not a good coordinator, then he has to go. And no, he should not get a fifth year. Four is enough to prove himself. Hell, how many years did Craig Bohl get? They figured out he was bad as a coordinator and got rid of him after three years.

The cover two ran by Pelini worked well when we faced less talent. That is where all the interceptions came from. The Bullocks and Washington wanted to run it for one reason and one reason only. Too increase their stock in the NFL draft. That was the problem. Unfortunately we lost what made it work, Super D. No preasure no workie. So Coz went away from it. If we had the lightning LB's we might see it again.

Talent and talent playing well with the other talent is the problem. Carriker could have been used differently this year and his stats would have went throught the roof, but the overall team would have suffered most likely. It is a team sport, and you have to do the most with what you have and cover the shortfalls. I think that is where we have been for the last couple of years. I think and hope we will see what Coz can do with all the youth and speed we have.

California, I am not saying you are wrong by any means, but I want to see what happens when he has what he wants and they fully trust him. Hopefully all of will be pleasantyl surprised this year.

Regardless, Calli learned an important lesson in this game which may have led to him playing tight in the games this past season. I'm not sure that Coz necessarily learned anything. (Other than the TT coach is D-bag.)

Actually Calli proved a point in that game. Everybody was bitching and whinig to Calli for sticking with Dailey. They were calling him an idiot for playing Dailey. So Calli put in the next in line and shut everyone up.

Regardless, Calli learned an important lesson in this game which may have led to him playing tight in the games this past season. I'm not sure that Coz necessarily learned anything. (Other than the TT coach is D-bag.)

Actually Calli proved a point in that game. Everybody was bitching and whinig to Calli for sticking with Dailey. They were calling him an idiot for playing Dailey. So Calli put in the next in line and shut everyone up.

Imagine that. The coach knows more about his players than fans. Huh. Never woulda thunk that.

California Husker. You forgot a few words in the paraphrase you have in your signature. They just happened to be the most important.

self proclaimed.

Ah, DaveH, don't be so modest, I don't mind giving you full credit. In fact, the title is kinda growing on me. I think I'll keep it. Thanks again!

Actually, if you are going to attribute something to me in a signature it best be right. If not, I'll just remove it.