No more excuses

and what if we do lose 5 games, say by a total of 10 points or less?

and maybe 3 out of 5 we get beat in the last 2 mintes of play? under the right set of circumstances, depending on who beat us, it sure could be a movement forward in progress, not the type of measuring stck most would use, but it is possible. a loss is not just a bald face loss. there are losses and there are embarassments. don't think we will have any of them.

And there is the issue of the schedule. While we should be improved in most areas (well, running back is looking a little iffy at the moment), the schedule is a killer. Looking for improvement might not mean a better record - it could be other things, such as consistency, defensive back play, better offensive line play and so forth. We could have all of that, and still not have an improved record with the schedule we face.

And there is the issue of the schedule. While we should be improved in most areas (well, running back is looking a little iffy at the moment), the schedule is a killer. Looking for improvement might not mean a better record - it could be other things, such as consistency, defensive back play, better offensive line play and so forth. We could have all of that, and still not have an improved record with the schedule we face.

absolutely, we will have one of the toughest in the country

absolutely, we will have one of the toughest in the country

maybe. going off how those teams were this year, it looks that way. Never know how teams will change one year to the next though. Wake could fall back to their more "traditional" level, Colt may not recover and leave UT very vulnerable... there's just a lot of "if"s out there right now. This past seasons schedule didn't look so daunting, but ended up having 4 top 10 teams on it. Similarly, this one could end up being easier than first thought.

Regardless of how the "D" or "O" played last year we were in every game except for the USC and I think we can all agree that BC might have played that game to close to his vest.

Sure there are a lot of things that need to be improved and sometimes those things cant be measured with a win or loss.

We have a tough schedule next year but if Keller gets in the groove and the "D" continues to progress than some real good things can happen. We have talent they just need some experience, I think the "D" might be another year out but we should be much improved.

GBR

and what if we do lose 5 games, say by a total of 10 points or less?

and maybe 3 out of 5 we get beat in the last 2 mintes of play? under the right set of circumstances, depending on who beat us, it sure could be a movement forward in progress, not the type of measuring stck most would use, but it is possible. a loss is not just a bald face loss. there are losses and there are embarassments. don't think we will have any of them.

Okay, I admit, the 70 points that Coz and his boys gave up to T-tech, and the 45 they gave up to KSU were embarrassing, but a loss really is a loss. In the end, does anybody really remember the scores to the games? What we remember is that we lost. Is it some sort of a moral victory to “only” lose by two points to Texas? I don’t give a crap! I hate losing to Texas! Is it a moral victory to only lose by three to Auburn? Hell no! I hate that we can’t seem to beat a top ranked team. So saying that there are different kinds of losses isn’t going to make me any happier with a 10-4, or 9-5 season. If, after all of the excuses, we don’t improve and make a BCS game this season, then it will be a tremendous disappointment, and it will be time to take a good, hard look at the direction in which the program is headed.

Most of us were saying that 2007 would be the break out year for Callahan and this team. We should win the Big 12 and maybe go on to a N/C game. Looking back to then, had a top 5 recruiting class, Harrison Beck would be running the offence, Lucky would be one of the top backs in the country by then. Well 2007 is here. We came within 3 games of really having a great year last year. Texas game was ours, Okl game just to bad a start, Auburn game was ours for the taking.

The program seems to be getting better each year just doesn't show up in the wins & loses. It's like it's one little tweak away from a N/C run. Having Lucky and Wilson as question marks for spring practice doesn't bode well to start out 2007. I would hate to see us have to start freshman and try to teach them in such a short time the WCO. It seems to take at least two years just to start getting comfortable with it. Just another challenge for this coaching staff. Just when they seem to have put most of the pieces together....... :hmmph

GBR!!!

ummm wasnt lucky and jackson both second team big 12? I dont know that for sure but I could have sworn they were or honorable mention or something. That is with splitting time with at least one other player the whole year and at some times three other players in a balanced offense! Its not like we run 90% of the time and still didnt produce an all big 12 running back. So ya I think there is a great chance that we will have another all big 12 qb and all big 12 running back, an all big 12 db, an all big 12 receiver and more than likely an all big 12 o-lineman. I guess I am not sure what your last post was meant to say.

ummm wasnt lucky and jackson both second team big 12? I dont know that for sure but I could have sworn they were or honorable mention or something. That is with splitting time with at least one other player the whole year and at some times three other players in a balanced offense! Its not like we run 90% of the time and still didnt produce an all big 12 running back. So ya I think there is a great chance that we will have another all big 12 qb and all big 12 running back, an all big 12 db, an all big 12 receiver and more than likely an all big 12 o-lineman. I guess I am not sure what your last post was meant to say.

Sorry, I meant Defensive backfield. I just get tired of all the bitching about Coz. Not saying he is a hall of famer, but might not have had all that much to work with once you get past the front seven.

No, I totally agree with you. I have said all along that we need to give him more time and see how he does with better atheletes all around. Yes we had a pretty good front seven last year but it doesnt really matter when we had the d-backfield that we had. I cant wait till next year when we have a talented deep secondary to see how he does.

I think that our defense finally came together at the end of the year. It is just that our saftey play was so bad that it got exposed at times despite our extremley dominate D-line play. At the beging of the year it took our DT's some time to get a grove, and then we had some injuries at linebacker that just killed are whole defense. The Oklahoma St. game is a good example of that. We had 3 linebackers playing the whole game. That alone is enough to kill most teams. We just basically saw that the whole defense came together during the Oklahoma and the Auburn games. We were healthy and at linebacker and our D-line was playing as one and that almost covered the weekness in the secondary. Sure the offense let us down in the second half of almost every game and Callahan will get that better, just as he got our running game night and day better over this time of the year. Are offense should do nothing but improve with all of the returning talent, in fact it could be scary good baring injuries. I realize that injuries always occur we just have to avoid the serious ones. We will be better, but I don't know how much but 10 wins are very on par expectations for this years team. Of course I will be expecting at least 12 wins, because if you do not expect the best you will not get the best.