QB Blaine Gabbert

I can understand some unrest because of the coaching situation, but the thing I will never understand for the life of me is how these players act like the coaches are the only reason they come to a school.

Tomorrow, their HS coach could decide it is time to quit or retire. Are they going to stop playing at their HS because of it? If they go to the NFL, their coach(es) could be fired at a moments notice, are they going to hold out until they find out about their situation then? Or if they go into the job world and their boss resigns or takes another job, will they quit and look elsewhere just based on that alone?

Familiarity is fine, but remember, you chose Nebraska because ONE of its qualities were the coaches.

When Gabbert, Compton and Givens were recruiting so hard for Nebraska, were they recruiting hard for the school they were about to play for, or were they doing it for the coaches?

They have to remember, they are signing to play for Nebraska and putting on a helmet with that glorious red 'N' on the side, not a picture of Callahan's face.

If the main reasons they were coming to Nebraska were for the coaches, then they were coming for the wrong reasons to begin with.

I think it just boils down to the fact that some of these recruits want to play in an NFL style offense. Thats why I think some of the recruits will de-commit if we make a coaching change. But hey, thats their problem. I just want Big Red to win some dang ball games!

What happened to Alabama? Wasn't it between us and them originally?

Also, i thought Gabbert made some pretty strong statements about Pinkel (and not interested in playing for him) in previous comments.

I thought Alabama too, and she (the reporter said "a front runner", not the front runner. And... we're talking about a 17 or 18 year old, so who knows? I've never heard him dis Pinkel. I 've always thought he wanted to be in the lime light, and thought MU might not be the place. Their play of late may have changed his mind. MU/TT on ABC - Sat. 2:30. Tune in for the shoot-out!

Yes, if this game would go into triple overtime, you may be talking about a score like Boise State and Nevada. This will be a crazy game. Expect over 1,200 to 1,300 total offense among both teams.

Yes, my judgment is clouded by my alumi-ness... but I think the MU defense is much improved from the beginning of the season. OU got 21 of 41 points off MU offensive turnovers. (compared to 14 by MU). However, both teams know how to light it up. Gotta make sure I got extra beer on hand for this one.

Much different situation than Freeman, imo.

No doubt that coming here had a lot to do with the "better prepared for the NFL" though process. If BC goes, so to does his reasons for coming here. It's only natural that he explores his options when it looks like BC isn't going to be around much longer.

There was no threat of BC's departure when JF pulled his stunt.

Although I personally do not see why Gabbert is so caught up in a coaching change, his situation is nowhere close to Freeman.

Heck, I doubt any recruit could do what Freeman did to a school again. Although David Ross was right up there.

How do you figure? Rumors start to fly and he is all but ready to jump ship. Exactly how committed was he? Nothing wrong with having a back-up plan, but there have been no coaching changes and he is already wavering.

No coaching change, but an AD change. One that does not bode well for the current staff.

I would think him ignorant if he didn't consider the staff's jobs up in the air for next season, not to mention after that.

He will most likely be RS next year, so if they aren't around for at least '09 he'll never have the chance to play for them. Wouldn't be much different to him than if they were fired tomorrow.