QB Blaine Gabbert

Gabbert officially de-committs. See ya... wouldn't want to be ya.

http://prepsports.stltoday.com/ssi/prep/st...BE?OpenDocument

you stay classy

No doubt.

Anyway, I can't blame the kid. Yea it sucks, but he's gotta re-evaluate considering the current situation.

And please, Husker fans, it's the lamest thing EVER to say "well we didn't want him anyway!" after a kid changes his mind.

Blaine changed his mind. Good for him. Hope he does well. How many of you have had a manager quit or fired? Doesn't that change your outlook with a company (maybe better/maybe worse). No different in this case, except it's about the football and education.

Thank him for his interest, wish the kid well, and let's see who we can get to replace him. It's not like we do not have time to recuit another QB.

you stay classy

No doubt.

Anyway, I can't blame the kid. Yea it sucks, but he's gotta re-evaluate considering the current situation.

And please, Husker fans, it's the lamest thing EVER to say "well we didn't want him anyway!" after a kid changes his mind.

Yea you can blame the kid! Listen, he wanted to go to Nebraska because it is a pro style offense right? Well that being said, why the hell, when we go through possible coaching changes, does he run to Missouri! They won't get him to the NFL....and if they do he will be playing Safety or Cornerback! Seriously, whats your input?

a 6'5" 230lb Corner or Saftey? i doubt that happens. maybe you need to do a little research on the person that you are talking about before making stupid comments that make the rest of us look uneducated

Your. probably the same kind Missouri fan that was sending him hate mail month ago. :)

Yep, I bet he had some really nice things to say about Blaine when he choose NU in the first place.

He wouldn't be here if it didn't make him mad the first time.

Dude got replaced by his little brother. That says a lot.

You folks are a bit strange. I'm here because I live in Lincoln and find the whole football situation interesting. I'm a Tiger fan because I went to school there and grew up in Missouri. I went to the same high school as Gabbert (Parkway West in St. Louis County) and I never talk trash about kids. And yes - it seems he got yanked in a game. Seems he suffered a shoulder separation the week before, and was trying to play through it. His coach pulled him because he wasn't performing. But he will. And probably somewhere besides Nebraska.

The St. Louis newspaper beat writer who covers MU gives it about an 85% chance that he'll end up in Columbia (and at this weekend's ISU game). And if he goes to MU, yeah - Compton may follow, along with WR Wes Kemp (4-star WR from De Smet HS in StL who verbaled to Wisc... but who'd wanna go there?). They're friends and want to play together. But, if he comes to Lincoln, I'll cheer him on here too. I like seeing my fellow St. Louisans succeed.

Enjoy your sour grapes...

Your. probably the same kind Missouri fan that was sending him hate mail month ago. :)

Yep, I bet he had some really nice things to say about Blaine when he choose NU in the first place.

He wouldn't be here if it didn't make him mad the first time.

Dude got replaced by his little brother. That says a lot.

You folks are a bit strange. I'm here because I live in Lincoln and find the whole football situation interesting. I'm a Tiger fan because I went to school there and grew up in Missouri. I went to the same high school as Gabbert (Parkway West in St. Louis County) and I never talk trash about kids. And yes - it seems he got yanked in a game. Seems he suffered a shoulder separation the week before, and was trying to play through it. His coach pulled him because he wasn't performing. But he will. And probably somewhere besides Nebraska.

The St. Louis paper beat writer who covers MU gives it about an 85% chance that he'll end up in Columbia (and at this weekend's ISU game). And if he goes to MU, yea - Compton may follow, along with WR Wes Kemp (4-star WR from De Smet HS in StL who verbaled to Wisc... but who'd wanna go there?). They're friends and want to play together. But, if he comes to Lincoln, I'll cheer him on here too. I like seeing my fellow St. Louisans succeed.

again... you stay classy. and thanks for stopping by (but mostly stay classy)

he didn't pull a freeman. the guy that recruited him is on the way out the door. let's admit one thing, cally had a line of sh#t as a recruiter, but eventually kids were going to see his system would not help them be successful in college ball. it might be an NFL style offense he was running, but he couldn't bring out the best in college kids playing it.

I know apples and oranges. Just pissed.

I'm not gonna pull the "well we didn't want him anyway" card, but even before he started to waver in his commitment, I was concerned about his lack of production at the high school level. I am sure he will probably be a solid player, but he is kind of an unknown commodity at this point. Good luck to him wherever he decides to go....Freebert :lol:

I'm never too sold on any one recruit. There's so much uncertainty that you can almost never say that a kid will or will not be successful.

For that reason, while i would like to have him, i'm not too broken up about lossing him.

What really hurts is lossing him, Compton, Gray, the O line, etc. Espcially the O line and LBs since we need people at those positions in the coming years.

The St. Louis newspaper beat writer who covers MU gives it about an 85% chance that he'll end up in Columbia (and at this weekend's ISU game). And if he goes to MU, yeah - Compton may follow, along with WR Wes Kemp (4-star WR from De Smet HS in StL who verbaled to Wisc... but who'd wanna go there?). They're friends and want to play together. But, if he comes to Lincoln, I'll cheer him on here too. I like seeing my fellow St. Louisans succeed.

Thanks for the input and perspective. I still hope he comes to NU once the new coach is picked. Some fans can be as fickle as these kids trying to pick a college. Gabbert received much negative guff from Tiger fans when he originally committed to NU and seems to have let that slide.

• 2 weeks later...