QB Blaine Gabbert

This is how I felt before this season's meltdown, and Gabbert was still a solid commitment. I did get excited to see him do so well at the camps. I know this could be because of a bad team and because of injuries, but he hasn't proved he is a five star on the field. The 2006 season he only completed 50 percent of his passes. Again this could be because of a lack of a supporting cast. Yes, he could become a wonderful QB at Mizzu. He has a lot of talent. I wish him the best of luck. All I am saying is at the HC level, he hasn't been spectacular -- but there could be reasons for that as I stated.

I feel similarly.

Everything i've heard says that he has talent but he will be a project for any team that signs him.

With that in mind, i wonder about him going to Mizzou. Pinkel had a very talented but raw player in Brad Smith (arguably more so than Daniel) and couldn't do much with him. Daniel is doing well, but he's been running their offense since he was in hs, so not much development needed.

I think Gabbert would've been better off revisiting Alabama vs Mizzou.

I feel similarly.

Everything i've heard says that he has talent but he will be a project for any team that signs him.

With that in mind, i wonder about him going to Mizzou. Pinkel had a very talented but raw player in Brad Smith (arguably more so than Daniel) and couldn't do much with him. Daniel is doing well, but he's been running their offense since he was in hs, so not much development needed.

I think Gabbert would've been better off revisiting Alabama vs Mizzou.

strange tidbit: The QB that followed Daniels in high school at Southlake Carroll (Greg McElroy) is now at Alabama. It's a small world in the football community. Nebraska recruited McElroy as well.

With that in mind, i wonder about him going to Mizzou. Pinkel had a very talented but raw player in Brad Smith (arguably more so than Daniel) and couldn't do much with him.

Yea.... lousy numbers.... don't know why we even recruited him.

Brad Smith:

Holds the NCAA Div. I-A career rushing record for QBs, with 4,289 yards, and became the first NCAA Div. I-A QB to throw for 8,000 yards and rush for 4,000 yards in a career. Currently playing for the NY Jets.

One of the most exciting players in college football who ended his brilliant Tiger career by leading MU to a thrilling 38-31 win over South Carolina in the 2005 Independence Bowl ... He led Mizzou to the win, despite the fact that the Tigers trailed 21-0 in the first quarter, and 28-7 midway through the second quarter ... The rally from a 21-point deficit marked the single largest come-from-behind win in Missouri history, as well as Independence Bowl history ... Ended the day with 432 yards of total offense, including 282 yards passing (1 TD) and 150 yards rushing (3 TDs) ... Completed 21-of-37 passes on the day, and added his 3 rushing scores all in the second half as MU rallied for the big win

With that in mind, i wonder about him going to Mizzou. Pinkel had a very talented but raw player in Brad Smith (arguably more so than Daniel) and couldn't do much with him.

Yea.... lousy numbers.... don't know why we even recruited him.

Brad Smith:

Holds the NCAA Div. I-A career rushing record for QBs, with 4,289 yards, and became the first NCAA Div. I-A QB to throw for 8,000 yards and rush for 4,000 yards in a career. Currently playing for the NY Jets.

One of the most exciting players in college football who ended his brilliant Tiger career by leading MU to a thrilling 38-31 win over South Carolina in the 2005 Independence Bowl ... He led Mizzou to the win, despite the fact that the Tigers trailed 21-0 in the first quarter, and 28-7 midway through the second quarter ... The rally from a 21-point deficit marked the single largest come-from-behind win in Missouri history, as well as Independence Bowl history ... Ended the day with 432 yards of total offense, including 282 yards passing (1 TD) and 150 yards rushing (3 TDs) ... Completed 21-of-37 passes on the day, and added his 3 rushing scores all in the second half as MU rallied for the big win

I never said anything about numbers... on purpose.

You're the first Tiger fan i've heard that will give Smith his props. He had some very good games. He also had some very bad ones, which seems to be all the other fans i've heard from want to focus on.

The truth was he was very inconsistent and struggled in the passing game most of his career, even though he did have some very good games and single handedly carried the offense at times. He also does not appear to have been well prepared for the NFL.

For a guy that had all the measureables of Vince Young, i think you'd have to agree that his career was a little disappointing.

I'm definitely disappointed in losing Gabbert. I think he will be a great player for MU, though a much different player than Daniel in that I don't think he will make as many plays with his legs. But the Tiger's offense is simple enought that Blaine should be able to get a good handle on it quickly. I see him making contributions by his second year there.

• 2 weeks later...