QB Blaine Gabbert

Imo, it's a mistake for Gabbert to go to Mizzou becuase he is very raw from what i understand. He'll need a lot of development and i'm less than confident in Pinkel's ability to coach up a QB.

Yea... because in 7 seasons at Missouri, all Pinkel has done is coach Brad Smith - 8000 yards passing, 4000 yards rushing.... and Chase Daniel - Heisman finalist as a junior...

And if you think Gabbert is 'very raw', you obviously haven't seem him play. Most QB's are somewhat raw as high schoolers. Pinkel and OC Dave Christiansen will teach him more than he would ever get at NU.

This might be the dumbest post I've seen in this thread, and that's not easy.

No offense but if you are looking for love for Gabbert on a Nebraska board, It's a safe bet that you are not going to find it here. Although I'm just sayin.............. ;)

Imo, it's a mistake for Gabbert to go to Mizzou becuase he is very raw from what i understand. He'll need a lot of development and i'm less than confident in Pinkel's ability to coach up a QB.

Yea... because in 7 seasons at Missouri, all Pinkel has done is coach Brad Smith - 8000 yards passing, 4000 yards rushing.... and Chase Daniel - Heisman finalist as a junior...

And if you think Gabbert is 'very raw', you obviously haven't seem him play. Most QB's are somewhat raw as high schoolers. Pinkel and OC Dave Christiansen will teach him more than he would ever get at NU.

No offense but if you are looking for love for Gabbert on a Nebraska board, It's a safe bet that you are not going to find it here. Although I'm just sayin.............. ;)

Really... you all ought to just let it go. He committed to Callahan, because of some family history with Callahan. Callahan got tossed, an 18 year old kid changes his mind. Wish him well.

I wouldn't expect fans on a tiger board to hold back on their feelings for BC or any other Husker. I'm sorry that my opinion hurts you so, but i'm not being demeaning or disrespectful of Pinkel. If you can't handle hearing an opinon you don't like, maybe you shouldn't be on this board.

Pinkel has done well at Mizzou, but he's mostly been succesful because of his recruiting imo. This does not mean he is a bad coach, there are several others i would put in this category including Mack Brown and Lute Olson (and i'm an Arizona fan).

Brad Smith put up some good numbers, but i think his career was more than a little disappointing compared to what it could have been. Most Mizzou fans i've talked with agree - infact they are generally harsher than i am about his career. BS also doesn't appear to have been prepared well at all for the NFL, which i assume is Gabbert's ambition.

Daniel is proving to be a terrific college QB, but he basically arrived as is. He didn't need much development. About the only thing he needed to work on was his patience.

I wouldn't expect fans on a tiger board to hold back on their feelings for BC or any other Husker. I'm sorry that my opinion hurts you so, but i'm not being demeaning or disrespectful of Pinkel. If you can't handle hearing an opinon you don't like, maybe you shouldn't be on this board.

Pinkel has done well at Mizzou, but he's mostly been succesful because of his recruiting imo. This does not mean he is a bad coach, there are several others i would put in this category including Mack Brown and Lute Olson (and i'm an Arizona fan).

Brad Smith put up some good numbers, but i think his career was more than a little disappointing compared to what it could have been. Most Mizzou fans i've talked with agree - infact they are generally harsher than i am about his career. BS also doesn't appear to have been prepared well at all for the NFL, which i assume is Gabbert's ambition.

Daniel is proving to be a terrific college QB, but he basically arrived as is. He didn't need much development. About the only thing he needed to work on was his patience.

the MU fans openly trashed him on message boards. they did other stuff as well(hate mail, so on). having a MU fan coming on here and telling us to let it go(or what to do in general) is comical.

Really... you all ought to just let it go. He committed to Callahan, because of some family history with Callahan. Callahan got tossed, an 18 year old kid changes his mind. Wish him well.

agree, makes no sense to get vicious.

Pinkel and OC Dave Christiansen will teach him more than he would ever get at NU.

Look, you have a point that this wasn't a very good post and Pinkel has done a great job with the QBs. Gabbert could be a great QB for MU. But for you to say that Pinkel and Dave Christiansen will teach him more than he would ever get at NU, how do you know that? Did you say that out of frustration with the poster? You can't make that comparison when we have a different staff and will have a different system coming. There is no way for you to know that. With B.C's staff, yes you are probably right. But with Pelini's staff, it is an unknown. However, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that it was out of anger over the poster. :)

All I can say about this is there's a difference between good and great. Brad Smith was a GOOD quarterback. Daniel-well, he's better than I originally gave hime credit for being but then one or two good seasons doesn't prove a thing about the overall state of a program or how good a player is long term. If it did Colt Mccoy would have wone the heisman and NC this year.

What I'm getting at is Pinkel has taken what was a DECENT Mizzou team under it last coach and made it a GOOD team now. Before we start calling him an all time great as a coach he needs to overcome his past tendencies to overcoach and then stay in the top 10 or 20 for several years...not just one or two seasons. I mean he's just getting there and starting to run with teams and coaches that have maybe spent DECADES at the top. So we know he can be competitive with lower ranked teams, can he sustain success against the best there is? That's still unknown.

Any coach ( except maybe Callahan....) can look good if he gets one or two good recruiting classes in a row... rise up have a great couple of seasons, then fade again. Success with Johnson and Daniel does NOT equate to automatic success with Gabbert. Johnson and Daniel both choked when they played in Lincoln...Gabbert could choke in Lincoln as well. He'll almost certainly get his face smashed into the turf in Norman. It's still a team sport. Mizzou couldn't block OU very well this year at all... that means Gabbert might HAVE to do a lot of running for his life against them. Plenty of other fast defenses in the Big 12 too. Better be mobile....

we'll just have to see how it all goes.

Of course when Pinkel goes to Arkansas in two years, this will all be moot.

Probably more like 4 years.

Why is the Gabbert thread still getting bumps? Dangit, I'm guilty too!!! Let's kill this thread!

why he is a good player who orginally was coming to NU said he wasn't going to decommit, but then did. I wish he was coming to NU even though I think he is a little overrated he is still a good player. There is no need to hate until he is playing against NU

Of course when Pinkel goes to Arkansas in two years, this will all be moot.

Probably more like 4 years.

Why is the Gabbert thread still getting bumps? Dangit, I'm guilty too!!! Let's kill this thread!

why he is a good player who orginally was coming to NU said he wasn't going to decommit, but then did. I wish he was coming to NU even though I think he is a little overrated he is still a good player. There is no need to hate until he is playing against NU

no need to hate then either. he is just a kid that changed his mind. remember, he didn't pull a Freeman!