QB Blaine Gabbert

Why would we want this guy? He absolutely won't fit into any possible offensive scheme we'll have under the new regime.

Yeah....a quarterback with a great, powerful, accurate arm, along with 4.6 speed wouldn't work in any scheme...ESPECIALLY not a spread attack, or a west coast offense, or any other offense that isn't based on the triple option...

:wacko:

Why would we want this guy? He absolutely won't fit into any possible offensive scheme we'll have under the new regime.

Yeah....a quarterback with a great, powerful, accurate arm, along with 4.6 speed wouldn't work in any scheme...ESPECIALLY not a spread attack, or a west coast offense, or any other offense that isn't based on the triple option...

:wacko:

He definately has the tools to be a good QB. It's too bad things had to turn out the way they did.

Ok, those of you accusing Gabbert of pulling a Josh Freeman are ridiculous. Gabbert decommited in the midst of Bill Callahan's regime collapsing on itself. He wanted to play in a pro-style offense to groom him better for the NFL. He decommitted publicly LOOOOOONG before signing day, not sending a text message just before, when it looked like Callahan was solidly the coach of the team for years to come.

As for the recruiting question, it isn't dirty at all. He was doing it when he was a Husker, and now he's doing it because he wants to win games. Also, you guys sure didn't mind it when he was doing it for you:

http://huskerbbs.com/vbbs/showthread.php?t=39478

Ok, those of you accusing Gabbert of pulling a Josh Freeman are ridiculous. Gabbert decommited in the midst of Bill Callahan's regime collapsing on itself. He wanted to play in a pro-style offense to groom him better for the NFL. He decommitted publicly LOOOOOONG before signing day, not sending a text message just before, when it looked like Callahan was solidly the coach of the team for years to come.

As for the recruiting question, it isn't dirty at all. He was doing it when he was a Husker, and now he's doing it because he wants to win games. Also, you guys sure didn't mind it when he was doing it for you:

its not the same bro.... when he was a husker he was recruiting guys we were going after, and were not committed somewhere else. now he's talking to OUR recruits. guys already committed to us. like I said the guys at rivals(no affiliation to NU) said " I have never seen anything like that" if he wants to leave thats his business. but thats clearly crossing into our business... and its dirty

its not the same bro.... when he was a husker he was recruiting guys we were going after, and were not committed somewhere else. now he's talking to OUR recruits. guys already committed to us. like I said the guys at rivals(no affiliation to NU) said " I have never seen anything like that" if he wants to leave thats his business. but thats clearly crossing into our business... and its dirty

Honestly ask yourself this question: Would you be ok with it if it was going the opposite direction? And source on Rivals article please. I've heard of Blaine talking to other decommits from nebraska but not of current commits.

Honestly ask yourself this question: Would you be ok with it if it was going the opposite direction? And source on Rivals article please. I've heard of Blaine talking to other decommits from nebraska but not of current commits.

I already posted this... it was on the radio, was on 1620 wedsite. the main one involved was givens and compton..... and when the talking occured they were still commits and now they are soft verbals....thus we are mad. you can spin this anyway you want. its still dirty

A Tiger fan who wants to come here to school us on double standards when it comes to Gabbert. Wow, the same guys who were all saying that Gabbert really wasn't that good, he was just a workout warrior, Dalton was twice as good, and that they were better off without him. That isn't even getting into the slander and complete vulgar things they wrote about him. But yet, they are now willing to welcome him with open arms.

The same can be said for Compton.

I actually find it hilarious that no matter in Mizzou's best year in decades, it takes a complete meltdown in Nebraska, plus an obvious coaching regime change for them to even sniff their home states best talent.

I have to throw the bullsh#t flag on this, When Gabbert comitted he went after several other recruites who had committed to other programs, I remember one of these being Andrew Jones TE who committed to Missouri. There are several post about how great this is, and how it pisses every one else off. Now the shoe is on the other foot and "the best fans in college football" are pissy Gabbert is doing the same thing, but for another program.

It seems like Neb fans have a sense of entitlement, and "the best fans in college football" are not showing their class by sucking it up and taking it like a man when things are down. Get things in order in the program before bitching about how a recruite sees the university.

If I am a highly recruited player, not from Neberaska, tell me what going to a program in disarray is going to do for my 4 to 5 year college football career? I am not looking at tradition, I am looking at what you can do for me right now. Can this help me further my playing career, or am I going to be a player on a "rebuilding" phase of the program that has no guarentee of going anywhere.

Take the blinders off, it is about the CURRENT state of the program and the COACHES that make the program what it is that I evalueate, the rest is all BS.

I have to throw the bullsh#t flag on this, When Gabbert comitted he went after several other recruites who had committed to other programs, I remember one of these being Andrew Jones TE who committed to Missouri. There are several post about how great this is, and how it pisses every one else off. Now the shoe is on the other foot and "the best fans in college football" are pissy Gabbert is doing the same thing, but for another program.

It seems like Neb fans have a sense of entitlement, and "the best fans in college football" are not showing their class by sucking it up and taking it like a man when things are down. Get things in order in the program before bitching about how a recruite sees the university.

If I am a highly recruited player, not from Neberaska, tell me what going to a program in disarray is going to do for my 4 to 5 year college football career? I am not looking at tradition, I am looking at what you can do for me right now. Can this help me further my playing career, or am I going to be a player on a "rebuilding" phase of the program that has no guarentee of going anywhere.

Take the blinders off, it is about the CURRENT state of the program and the COACHES that make the program what it is that I evalueate, the rest is all BS.

so rivals is lying..... ok. I know who i trust. I think you might have your facts wrong.

as for the the rest of you post? it has nothing to do with this subject. flame on buddy.

and another thing buddy. the greatest fan in football crap. does that men we cant be upset? that we cant be upset when a kid does something that is uncalled for and unheard of before? your right we should act like MU fans and send him hate mail!! some of you MU fans are hilarious. (note I'm not talking about all mu fans, we have some good ones on the board like truman) go .500 against us over a couple of years and you think you can come onto our board and flame away and then call US without class.

No I wouldn't be okay with it. It's just wrong period and he shouldn't be doing it. Now they are decommits from NU after he's already been talking to them.