QB Blaine Gabbert

Why would we want this guy? He absolutely won't fit into any possible offensive scheme we'll have under the new regime.

Be gone with the rabble. . . .and ask yourself, "Will Coach Pelina want to recruit him?" . . . of course not. . he's a poor man's Ryan Leaf. :bonez

So Pelina wouldn't want a QB that can run and throw???

What kind of QB does Pelina like???

I hope he enjoys being thrown to the ground like Freeman was/is by our guys. He officially just joined the list with Freeman in my book. These kids are a bunch of liars anymore. We'll get better without these guys and they'll be sorry when we eventually pass them on the way to the top.

Couldn't of said it better myself. :cheers

I hope he enjoys being thrown to the ground like Freeman was/is by our guys. He officially just joined the list with Freeman in my book. These kids are a bunch of liars anymore. We'll get better without these guys and they'll be sorry when we eventually pass them on the way to the top.

Oh stop. Kids commit to coaches as much as they do to schools nowadays. Obviously, Gabbert wanted to be taught in a pro-system under BC's tutelage. If BC isn't going to be here, doesn't it make sense that Gabbert might have a change of heart? He's not a liar. He made a verbal commitment. It's not binding. This is completely different from Freeman.

Get off Gabbert's back. Personally, I'm hoping he decides to re-commit. I'd welcome him with open arms.

Oh stop. Kids commit to coaches as much as they do to schools nowadays. Obviously, Gabbert wanted to be taught in a pro-system under BC's tutelage. If BC isn't going to be here, doesn't it make sense that Gabbert might have a change of heart? He's not a liar. He made a verbal commitment. It's not binding. This is completely different from Freeman.

Get off Gabbert's back. Personally, I'm hoping he decides to re-commit. I'd welcome him with open arms.

no joke, I have no problem with Gabbert leaving. Just take solace knowing that by the time he's a sophomore things will be figured out and we will kill Mizzouri. Every dog has its day, its their turn now.

Last time I checked I was entitled to my own opinion. You have yours I have mine. I don't want him to re-commit because this shows me that he is not a man of his word. That's my opinion and nothing is going to change that. Either he wants to play for Nebraska or he doesn't that's the bottom line. To me I wouldn't choose to play for a college just because of the system there. I would play for the college based on my own beliefs and how much I liked the school. Verbal commitment is just that it's a commitment. You are either a man of your word or your not!

Last time I checked I was entitled to my own opinion. You have yours I have mine. I don't want him to re-commit because this shows me that he is not a man of his word. That's my opinion and nothing is going to change that. Either he wants to play for Nebraska or he doesn't that's the bottom line. To me I wouldn't choose to play for a college just because of the system there. I would play for the college based on my own beliefs and how much I liked the school. Verbal commitment is just that it's a commitment. You are either a man of your word or your not!

Of course it's your opinion. I just don't think it's a good one.

Gabbert has to make the best decision for himself, not you. And there's no reason to call him a liar just because he changes his mind when the coaches whom he really wants to play for are in trouble of losing their jobs.

"Man of his word." Whatever. He's not a lesser person than Baker Steinkuhler just because he de-committed. He just has different reasons for coming to a school. Just because a 17 year-old kid changes his mind doesn't mean he doesn't have integrity.

And frankly, I could care less if he's not a man of his word and decommitted at one point. He's talented, a hard worker, and would make this program better. There's no reason to believe that because he waffled on his commitment, he'd be any less of a Husker or a QB.

It's a dumb standard that you set - any player that decommits, from ANY school, isn't worthy to be a Husker. They are all not men of their word, right?

Gabbert has to make the best decision for himself, not you. And there's no reason to call him a liar just because he changes his mind when the coaches whom he really wants to play for are in trouble of losing their jobs.

"Man of his word." Whatever. He's not a lesser person than Baker Steinkuhler just because he de-committed. He just has different reasons for coming to a school. Just because a 17 year-old kid changes his mind doesn't mean he doesn't have integrity.

And frankly, I could care less if he's not a man of his word and decommitted at one point. He's talented, a hard worker, and would make this program better. There's no reason to believe that because he waffled on his commitment, he'd be any less of a Husker or a QB.

It's a dumb standard that you set - any player that decommits, from ANY school, isn't worthy to be a Husker. They are all not men of their word, right?

Exactly right. He has no idea what kind of offense we'll be running next year, or if a new coach will even want him. He commited early based on Callahan and a Nebraska program that looked to be well on it's way back. Now he has every right to re-evaluatea his options. And if he re-commits, I'll be all the more sure that he wants to be here, rather than feel an obligation to keep his word only to get here and find he screwed up.

I know that if I picked a job out of many offers, only to have them tell me before I started that I might be doing something quite a bit different from what they offered me, and couldn't tell me what it was so I could see if it was something I was even very good at, I'd be looking back at the other job offers.

gabbert leaving... I totally understand. him talking to our recruits about one of our rivals... nothing short of dirty. even the guys at rivals said they were shocked about it, and "had never seen anything like that"

This statement above is exactly why I disagree with wanting him to come back here. It has been said he is trying to get guys that commited to us to come to whatever school he plans on going to. That is B.S.!!!! It's one thing to decide to not come here after you said you were going to, but it's quite another to try and pull recruits away from us.

Going back to someone above saying that we have no idea what system we are going to run next season your right. We don't know, but if Gabbert is as mobile as everyone says he is and has as good of an arm as everyone says he has then any system should be no problem for him. He would be the star of the offense eventually regardless of whether we run the spread, WCO, or even the option.

Let's use for example Simi...................he has no clue who is going to be here next year and what their plan is right? Does he care? No he doesn't because he's coming to the school because of what T.O. has explained to him and because he wants to be a Husker. That is the type of guy I want in our program. I would be afraid that if Gabbert didn't like what happened when he got here he would pull a Beck and just up and leave and quite possibly put us in a tough spot that may have happened if Keller wouldn't have been looking for a new school to attend.

Is Gabbert talking dirty about Nebraska or just trying to sway other recruits to join him at Missouri?

I don't follow recruiting that closely, but I hadn't heard that Gabbert had even committed to Missouri. I don't see how he can sway any recruits until he commits somewhere.

I also haven't heard him say anything bad at all about Nebraska.

I read somewhere, I think it was on the board, that he was talking to some guys that were either commited to us or soft verbals. I guess he was talking to them about going to another school and to not look at Nebraska so hard. I swear I read that on here???