Position Changes

Ya he is moving to tackle. Also on huskerpedia I saw that Callahan said that Ricky Thenarse will be competing with Larry Asante at the strong safety position and Anthony West will compete with Tierre Green and Bryan Wilson at the free saftey position. Well that throws out the idea for now about trying to get Thenarse and Asante on the field at the same time. I really hope this is just for this year though, becasue after this year we lose our top three corners and are going to need more of them. The article also said that Brandenburgh is Octavians top backup and Kyle Moore is Rudds top backup and Nick Covey is Mceons top backup. That totally threw me for a spin. I would never have thought that is the way it would have gone but who knows.

I really wish everyone would get off his back. I am not saying he is the greatest corner to ever play at Nebraska, but he is a solid number two corner. None of this talk was going on the first two years he played. Why is that? Because he always had a guy to cover the number one receiver, until last year. I think you all will see that he is not as bad as you all are making him out to be.

sorry, not trying to be mean, but the fact is the kid doesn't even start on any of the top 10 teams in the country, other than with us. we all know our dbs need alot of help. grix is a tough kid, plays with heart, i have said that before, BUT......he is totally overmatched when playing a decent receiver. his height is his greatest disadvantage and i still say the coaching he is getting is less than stellar.

Let's not bring this topic up again because it was all over the board after the Big XII Championship game and the Cotton Bowl............. :wacko:

it is not just a rumor they made an annoucment about the positions changes

He was referring to the OMG GRIXBY IS TEH SUCK talk.

I really wish everyone would get off his back. I am not saying he is the greatest corner to ever play at Nebraska, but he is a solid number two corner. None of this talk was going on the first two years he played. Why is that? Because he always had a guy to cover the number one receiver, until last year. I think you all will see that he is not as bad as you all are making him out to be.

#2?? Grixby got abused last year by everyone. I cant recall him really having any receivers number all season . I do remember every team throwing at him and roasting him. No offense, I just disagree.

I would love to see Asante and Thenarse on the field at the same time.

Lastly I hope and pray that Octo can stay healthy and wreak havoc on offenses. He also ads more speed to the position which I feel important.

I'm not in favor of Colbert moving at all. Not because he wont be successful on offense, but he seems like such a playmaker on defense. Besides OCtavian, we have none on D

Damn good point. I agree.

Don't forget about Bowman. Turner and Suh could also be playmakers on D. And Asante might live up to the hype.

I was reading an article on rivals today and it was talking about Culbert and how he was doing pretty well at running back, but Callahan said that he doesnt want to hinder his potential as a strong safety. That makes Culbert, Thenarse, and Asante playing the same position. Why dont they switch one of them to free safety? Either Asante and Culbert, or Asante and Thenarse, or move Thenarse to corner, something to get all of these guys on the field at the same time. I have nothing against West being at free safety bc I know nothing about him, and Green will probably be a pretty good free safety this year, however I have seen Culbert and Thenarse play and if everything is accurate about Asante then he has to be on the field, along with the other two. If they all continue to play the same position for the next three years one maybe two of them will transfer. Cos or whoever decides their position has to find a way to get them all on the field!