OL Bryce Givens

what steinkuler decommiting o my god lets all start burning up everything the world is ending. Just kidding but dont start those types of rumors, some people might freak out

First of all, I wasn't starting any rumors about Steinkuhler, I am 0% worried about him decommitting as I am about Bryce.

Secondly, for those that believe that quote isn't from Bryce, that's fine, but I very much believe it is from him and have plenty of reason to. I obviously can't proove it (although can anything posted on a message board really be proven?) but like I said before, I am not worried in the SLIGHTEST about Bryce decommitting. If you want to worry, fine be my guest, but in the end he will be in and all you will have to show for it is a couple extra wrinkles.

i am not worried about him decommitting right now. now if he pulls out of the NU camp comming up then i might start getting worried then

I still wouldn't be worried. I mean seriously, what is the point of attending a camp to a school you not only already have an offer from, but have already committed to. I think it's great that he is planning to come and it will help him to get more comfortable with the program and coaches, but when you already have an offer, attending the camp is not really a "must"

Regardless, I will continue to "hope I'm right" and anyone that believes he is going elsewhere can keep "hoping their wrong." I will say it again, Bryce decommitting worries me as much as Steinkuhler, which is absolutely NONE!

i am not worried about him decommitting right now. now if he pulls out of the NU camp comming up then i might start getting worried then

I still wouldn't be worried. I mean seriously, what is the point of attending a camp to a school you not only already have an offer from, but have already committed to. I think it's great that he is planning to come and it will help him to get more comfortable with the program and coaches, but when you already have an offer, attending the camp is not really a "must"

Regardless, I will continue to "hope I'm right" and anyone that believes he is going elsewhere can keep "hoping their wrong." I will say it again, Bryce decommitting worries me as much as Steinkuhler, which is absolutely NONE!

i think that it is important to meet up with the other future Huskers and start forming a bond with them. anytime you can work together with future team mates is a good thing

Being reported at Husker Journal...good news on Bryce! :thumbs:corndance:thumbs

JUNE 6, 2007. PREP STAR

"Texas coach was at my school a week ago, (May 30), and gave me a verbal offer." said Nebraska recruit BRYCE GIVENS, Mack Brown is suppose to send me a written offer."

"Once coach Gilmore (Nebraska), found out about the Texas offer on the Internet (June 2), he texted messaged me and I called him back." he said.

The Denver (Mullen) Junior offensive lineman assured Coach Gilmore that he is still committed to Nebraska.

"I told coach Gilmore that I'm 100 percent committed to Nebraska." said Givens excitedly, "I told him he has nothing to worry about. Once Texas told me awhile back they were filled up on the O-Line, I committed to Nebraska."

"Nebraska has a great offensive line class and I want to be a part of it. I really like Coach Wagner and Callahan. The facilities are outrageous, ridiculous. It's probably the best around."

"I asked Coach Gilmore about my teammate Jimmy Miller." he said, Coach Gilmore replied, "It's possible he will get an offer, who knows".

"Jimmy, Johnathan Gaye, and I are going to Nebraska's June 11 camp and all the offensive line recruits will be there." said Givens, " Coach Gilmore told me that I did hell of a job at the Nike combine in Boulder. The Colorado coaches didn't try to recruit me, they respect my decision to Nebraska."

"I hear from Blaine Gabbert about every week." said Givens, "We text message and call each other. Blaine is a stud. I talk to Josh Williams from Texas. Josh told me he is coming to Nebraska, but will not announce it in another month or two."

"Nebraska coaches told me that one of their greyshirt recruits didn't make it (grades), so they are going to offer at least one more line recruit." he said.

Like I said, you can all worry all you want, Bryce is N!

He loves Nebraska, it is true that before he committed Texas was one of the schools he was very interested in, but he is solidly committed now, trust me. You can all believe whatever the hell you want to believe and check all the "recruiting experts" blogs and whatnot but Bryce is as committed as humanly possible. Unless something unforseeable would happen (ie coaching change, family problems, etc) he is coming to Nebraska, you can take that to the bank.

I've heard Florida has now come calling as well.

Chuck'd,

I don't doubt what you've heard, and i'm not saying you are wrong. I'm just passing along what i've heard. It's nothing personal, but i'm gonna be a little concerned about any committ that gets this much attention and wouldn't count any of them till they ink their LOI. We just seem to loose a lot of big time prospects at the last minute.

But on that note, while it's a bit intimidating to be up against all these schools, this is also an excellent chance to show we can recruit up against the big boys.

I've heard Florida has now come calling as well.

Chuck'd,

I don't doubt what you've heard, and i'm not saying you are wrong. I'm just passing along what i've heard. It's nothing personal, but i'm gonna be a little concerned about any committ that gets this much attention and wouldn't count any of them till they ink their LOI. We just seem to loose a lot of big time prospects at the last minute.

But on that note, while it's a bit intimidating to be up against all these schools, this is also an excellent chance to show we can recruit up against the big boys.

Well said. Great points. BTW Florida offer is confirmed just in today.

We are going up against the big boys here. This is going to be interesting to see if our coaches can keep up with them.

judging from his highlight reel, i can't blame Florida for offering this guy. His quarterback could have downed a six pack, and a sack lunch with the time he was getting. He is as good a pass blocker tech wise, as Baker is at getting downfield. Our O-Line is going to dominate!!!!! :bonez