Bowman Will Out 4-6 Months

I agree with gamecocks....Green has the experience at Corner and we need him for depth and size...... Right on target with Culbert and Thenarse...

Just my opinion, but as I have said in many, many posts, I don't claim to know more than the staff....so I will trust their decision making skills..

Dude every one needs to hush!!! Its March for god sake... Every one will be better come the first game!!

WE WILL BE OK!!!!!!!! :bonez

Willis

Guys, my heart sank whan I read about Bowman. Jeez, what horrible luck for him, however, it is March, and not October, thank God. Even still Zach (sp) can come back to play this year. And I, for one, am the extremely hopeful sort that thinks he will be back playing for UNL batting down balls and makin' intereptions!!!! Yeah baby!!!

Who is with me??!!

:bonez:bonez:bonez

Tough break for Bowman...I feel horrible for him and was really excited to get to see him come back and show off his skills...Thank God it's only March though....Right now I am just hoping he can get back for early part of the season...But my no means does this make or break the season though.

GO BIG RED!!!

We have 2 very highly recruited juco dbs from the last recruiting class. It may take them a little while to get to speed. But at least the cupboards arent as bare as they were last year.

I hope Bowman can go 100% at some point. But i dont think we are as vulnerable as last season.

He might come back here folks. Dont count him out yet.

guys, I hope that I am dead wrong, but don't expect to see Bowman anytime soon, and very, very possibly ever again...unless there is a medical hardship case...

As a coach, I have seen this injury before...in fact, a player this past fall ruptured PT, and still is not at full speed...granted, he is not the athlete of ZB, nor do we have the 24 - 7 trainer at beck and call, but don't get your hopes up.

Today on 1620 the zone, the hosts talked to "several" (4-6) doctors and/or atheltice trainers, and only 1, yes 1, said 4-6 months was possible....the rest said that 4-6 was very optimistic, and seemed a little over agressive....everyone says that the PT is the power tendon, becuase all the motion of the quad has to travel across the tendon...... many Dr./AT's said today that it usually takes a full year before the athlete is 100%..

I truly hope that I am wrong, but the luck that this kid has had, makes me a little bit nervous.... and, at what point do you start putting ZB ahead of the team....this was a guy, who was set to go pro, to avoid another injury, and was "persuaded" by people on the inside to come back... one of the people being Coach Kennedy......not saying this was wrong, because it was absolutely correct....barring a freak thing like this..

but, if ZB can come back in the middle of the conference schedule, and has been shut - down for over a year and 1/2, ....1st, can he really be completely ready, and 2nd, is it in his best interest to totally rehab. and take a shot at the combine, instead of risking another , probable career ending tear.... the poor kid would be done before he even got a pay check....

I only had a partial tear of my right PT and it took me over 3 years before I could backpeddle w/o pain.

Mainly because I couldn't resist trying to slam dunk a basketball each time it started feeling better..I was 5'10".

Finally painfree my Jr. year by biking 25 miles a day.

What's Zack Majoring in? :hmmph

but, if ZB can come back in the middle of the conference schedule, and has been shut - down for over a year and 1/2, ....1st, can he really be completely ready, and 2nd, is it in his best interest to totally rehab. and take a shot at the combine, instead of risking another , probable career ending tear.... the poor kid would be done before he even got a pay check....

Ya know, I kind of have a little different take on this. This was a non-contact drill and he hurt his knee again. This could have just as easily happened at the combine or at pro day or a private workout for a team. This is why he gets a scholarship to come here and play football, so that he has something to fall back on if something like this happens to him, so he is not without a means to make a living.

I saw on espn's ticker that it will be at least 6 months, so I am guessing the initial prognosis was optimistic. He may be shut down for the whole season. Have to wonder what his next move is for him. Well, study up Zack and do well in school, I hope you get better.

Ya know, I kind of have a little different take on this. This was a non-contact drill and he hurt his knee again. This could have just as easily happened at the combine or at pro day or a private workout for a team. This is why he gets a scholarship to come here and play football, so that he has something to fall back on if something like this happens to him, so he is not without a means to make a living.

I saw on espn's ticker that it will be at least 6 months, so I am guessing the initial prognosis was optimistic. He may be shut down for the whole season. Have to wonder what his next move is for him. Well, study up Zack and do well in school, I hope you get better.

Great point.

The biggest challenge he may have is mentally. This has to do something to someone, especially when you are near the end of rehabing an injury on the other knee. If he works ultra hard rehabing his recent injury, perhaps he would recover earlier (but I don't know exactly what earlier means). We all know he is down in the dumps right now. Whether he can mentally pick himself up again and work ultra hard is an unknown. (Those of you who have gone through this would surely know more about this than me. Let's hear from you.) Do you think mentally he can regain the determination he had before?

The overly optimistic part of me hopes that his rehab is unbelievable and we get him back in time for conference play, even if it is in a reduced role where he plays back into the lineup for the last stretch of games.

Realistically, because they are pricks, the NCAA wont give him another year (and he probly doesnt want to do it anyway), meaning he should bust his ass for the next year and just get ready for the combine and workouts for the 2008 draft. If he can come back and run a 4.4 and show in workouts that he still has it, he's still got a shot at beings something like a 3rd/4th round pick that year.