QB battle

HANC

Okay......we might as well begin this long awaited and much discussed topic..... time to "sound-off" as that dick-head Travis Justice would say.....

Here is my take....not right or wrong....jsut my take.

Keller is the solid #1....and has been in BC's mind since day 1..... BC has to give Ganz a complete look because of his knowledge and dedication to the team.....Now, GAnz is a very good player...do not mistake that for an instance, but Keller is the NFL typ of QB that makes a WCO guy drool.......

Unfortunatley, I see Ganz as the Matt Turman of the 2008 season..... he will be very reliable and capable if Sam goes down, but will only get his chances if mop-up or emergency.

Furthermore, if Zach Lee is everything some of you guys are reporting OR if the rumor mill about Patrick Witt is accurate.....poor Joe may be a career Matt Turman....

I LIKE JOE GANZ.....I am just telling it like I see it...

I agree 100%. What i saw yesterday in my opinion proved that Keller was the better QB

Lucky, can and will be a fulltime back. He looked great and will be awesome this year.

Octavien finally lived up to the hype. Him and Suh were by far the most impressive on the D. Octo was everywhere creating all kinds of problems.

I hate to do this but I WAS WRONG. I spent a good part of the game watching Nate Swift. My feelings about him were off. He is much better than i gave him credit for. While he is not Purify, he is pretty good. I still hope the young guys step up and was hoping to see them shine yesterday, but they quite honestly never had a chance. The white team QB play was atrocious to put it nicely. I did think Chris Brooks played really well.

So to all of you i must shout out I WAS WRONG ABOUT SWIFT

It looked to me like Green was limping so maybe they were just being cautious

Okay......we might as well begin this long awaited and much discussed topic..... time to "sound-off" as that dick-head Travis Justice would say.....

Here is my take....not right or wrong....jsut my take.

Keller is the solid #1....and has been in BC's mind since day 1..... BC has to give Ganz a complete look because of his knowledge and dedication to the team.....Now, GAnz is a very good player...do not mistake that for an instance, but Keller is the NFL typ of QB that makes a WCO guy drool.......

Unfortunatley, I see Ganz as the Matt Turman of the 2008 season..... he will be very reliable and capable if Sam goes down, but will only get his chances if mop-up or emergency.

Furthermore, if Zach Lee is everything some of you guys are reporting OR if the rumor mill about Patrick Witt is accurate.....poor Joe may be a career Matt Turman....

I LIKE JOE GANZ.....I am just telling it like I see it...

I agree 100%

Joe is a great guy and a pretty decent QB, but Keller is simply better. We are lucky to have a guy like Joe, as he is much better than probably more prepared to play than 90% of backups in college football.

I also think he will have a heck of a battle on his hands come 2008 for the starting spot. IMO either Witt or Lee will win out, but that is just my opinion. Witt is physically better to Joe and by all accounts (and watching Saturday) he has grasped the offense very well. I think Zac Lee is even more physically ready, but it remains to be seen how he will pick up the offense.

Again, Joe is a great kid and I love his attitude and moxie, but I just don't think he will ever start fo NU.

Not sure who you were watching but Witt looked good. He was behind a weak O-Line and facing the #1 Defense. He had a lot drop balls. He did much better than his stats. He will redshirt and be a serious threat in 3 years.

I think he could be a serious threat in 08.

yeah witt wasn bad, but davis was awful. neither one had much of a chance. The disappointing thing with the setup is the young WR got the shaft. they never had a chance to show ther stuff because the white offense was not in the ballpark.

I would love to see the old format 1's vs 1's

I hate to do this but I WAS WRONG. I spent a good part of the game watching Nate Swift. My feelings about him were off. He is much better than i gave him credit for. While he is not Purify, he is pretty good. I still hope the young guys step up and was hoping to see them shine yesterday, but they quite honestly never had a chance. The white team QB play was atrocious to put it nicely. I did think Chris Brooks played really well.

I have respect for you, admitting you were wrong about him. :thumbs

Swift was all over the place, blocked well and aside from that one drop, caught everything that came his way. Talented, tough, team guy.

I think Suh is going to be a star. That guy is scary good now and he is just starting to scratch his potential. He threw Major Culbert like a friggin rag doll. :blink:

There was something about Ganz's throwing motion that i didn't like. Keller will be an excellent QB that pass that he dropped in on Mo was beautiful he put it in the only spot where Mo was the only one that was gonna catch it. Something seemed ackward about Ganz's throwing motion standing in the pocket. In my uneducated opinion it appeared that if Witt was on the first team he would have done every bit as good as Ganz i really like that kid.

With much respect to Joe Ganz, Keller was the starter the minute he agreed to transfer to NU. BC knew he would be filling a huge void getting Keller he has the size, arm, experience, leadership & stats that would make any head coach salivate, especially replacing a senior QB. Besides you all know how worried we would be if we were putting our hopes on Ganz, Davis & Witt (although I'm sure Witt will be a star eventually). Ganz will be a capable backup and I wish him the best!

1) Because of Ganz' knowledge of the offense, I can see him start out as #1 at the beginning of 2008, but after that, who knows.

2) I thought Swift showed some decent speed, and Brooks looked very athletic.

3) It was hard to get an accurate take on the QBs. Both Keller and Ganz had wide open receivers all day, except for that great catch by Purify. As Clester Johnson said, the spring game is designed for the top QBs to look good. With that said, I thought both Keller and Ganz looked good. (Remember when Taylor had 357 yards passing in the first half of his first spring game? But the following fall he struggled during the first part of the season, due in part of not having receivers wide open or from defensive pressure because of a sub-par OL?)

I have respect for you, admitting you were wrong about him. :thumbs

Swift was all over the place, blocked well and aside from that one drop, caught everything that came his way. Talented, tough, team guy.

I think Suh is going to be a star. That guy is scary good now and he is just starting to scratch his potential. He threw Major Culbert like a friggin rag doll. :blink:

Like when he layed out that LB Colton ?? i think? :box:corndance that was awesome