54,200??? why not more

Ya that is still pretty good, and considering the weather forcast changed about 20 times throughout the week that is really good. I heard low 40's, snow, mid 50's, rain, high 60's so I dont think anyone knew what to expect. Plus it was on tv later that night, so I am sure a lot of people had the mind set of if I can make it then I'll go but if not then it is on tv later. That is still a ton of people to watch nebraska play nebraska C and D teams.

I think that number represents a gross underestimation. I know that my gate they werent counting students, as well as letting people in with printed off tickets and not doing anything. This was just a poor estimate. Seeing the empty space I have a hard time believing that 20 some thousand people would fit in the little amount of open space. Oh well, we still beat dozens and dozens of other schools. GBR :bonez

It was the first really nice Saturday in some while. There were a ton of things that ppl wanted to do and had a chance to do...(like play golf).

Another reason is many youth baseball and softball leagues started that day.

Finally... check around. We had more ppl than any other school show up for their's.

If I had to estimate the ACTUAL attendance and not just the reported attendance that had many demographic discrepancies, I'd say there were around 62,000 fans at the game. Which after a five loss season and with the weather changes and the fact that some people could get it on TV, thats a damn big number for a practice.

I can't wait to see the attendance when we win 10-11 games, get to a BCS game and have great weather in the forecast.