COuld Taylor go to Tampa

considering Gruden saw him up in Lincoln

A good possibility. I think he ends up in Minnesota or Tampa with a free agent deal and is able to sit a couple years and get acclimated to the pros. Those are both good fits because the offenses will be very similar and the coaches are probably already familiar with Taylor because of Callahan.

As much as i hate to say it, I don't think Zac is going to get drafted.......Zabransky, Leak, and Palko are all still available, and I think that most teams with a QB need will take one of them before Taylor. Hopefully he can get a FA contract

Yeah don't get your hopes up. Not really a chance he gets drafted, which can actually be better than being a late round pick because you can see who all wants you in FA and pick where you fit best. Not a bad thing...he'll get picked up by someone.

As much as i hate to say it, I don't think Zac is going to get drafted.......Zabransky, Leak, and Palko are all still available, and I think that most teams with a QB need will take one of them before Taylor. Hopefully he can get a FA contract
I don't know if anyone thought he'd be drafted, but I'd bet he'd land as a free agent somewhere.

that makes me mad, Taylor is a good kid. Hopefully hegets picked up as a free-agent, but he did say he wanted to coach, maybe comeback at NU like charles richardson is doing for basketball to be a graduate assistant maybe work way up in program

I'm sure someone will give him a shot to play, but if it doesnt pan out he'll def get a coaching job somewhere. He's really comparable to Heupel on OU's staff in terms of skills and smarts. Im still holding out hope that he'll make some roster as a 3rd QB but it might just be wishful thinking

any links?

Yes.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200&u_sid=2375111

Published Monday | April 30, 2007

Zac Taylor agrees to free-agent deal with Tampa Bay

BY RICH KAIPUST

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN - Already having played for Bill Callahan, former Nebraska quarterback Zac Taylor's next opportunity will come with Callahan's old boss.

Taylor told Tampa Bay head coach Jon Gruden on Sunday night that he would sign a free-agent contract with the Buccaneers. Taylor was still available after the seven-round National Football League draft.

"I feel like I can go in there and not have to start all over learning an offense," Taylor said.

Callahan was offensive coordinator in Oakland when Gruden was the Raiders' head coach. The Husker head coach also was offensive line coach in Philadelphia when Gruden was the Eagles' offensive coordinator.

Tampa Bay, New England and Carolina all negotiated with Taylor as the draft concluded, although the Patriots and Panthers were talking to other potential free-agent signees at quarterback. In addition to speaking with those teams and his agent, Taylor got a call from Callahan.

"He just wanted to see where I was at with things," Taylor said. "He knew what I was going through. I asked him about all three teams looking at me and he said good things about all of them, but he did say I would be a good fit for Coach Gruden's system."

Taylor said former NU tight end Matt Herian also is going to Tampa Bay, and the two report to a Bucs rookie camp Thursday. Among other former Huskers agreeing to free-agent contracts Sunday night, nose tackle Ola Dagunduro chose Dallas and defensive tackle Barry Cryer hooked up with San Diego.

Taylor was prepared for the possibility of going undrafted despite shattering nearly every NU single-season and career passing record as a two-year starter. At Tampa Bay, he'll see a depth chart that includes Chris Simms, Jeff Garcia, Bruce Gradkowski and Luke McCown, with Tim Rattay listed as an unrestricted free agent.

"All have started and played in the NFL, so that's really tough," Taylor said. "But I'm going to have to compete anywhere I go. There are no guarantees. Coach Gruden said, 'If you want a shot, I'll give it to you.'"

The two previously met when Gruden spent time at a Husker spring practice in 2006 when he was speaking at an NU coaches clinic.