Let's wait on the facts in Mo's case

Which I feel is a good thing. Callahan has had to deal with things like this before. Pedey really hasn't...wouldn't want something done from someone who hasn't really had to do something like this before. That's for sure.

I'd expect a statement around the end of the week. It will take Pedey that long to figure out the best way to spin the story.

Pedey won't have much to do with this. It's Callahan's call.

Yes, it's Callahan's call. And I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

Callahan in a statement to the press said, "I'm very concerned about this current situation. I am still in the process of gathering all the facts. I will determine the appropriate consequences when due process has transpired. Until such time, I will have no further comment regarding the situation."

Due Process --That sounds like he's going to let this work through the courts before he has any comments to make.

I'd expect a statement around the end of the week. It will take Pedey that long to figure out the best way to spin the story.

Pedey won't have much to do with this. It's Callahan's call.

Yes, it's Callahan's call. And I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

Callahan in a statement to the press said, "I'm very concerned about this current situation. I am still in the process of gathering all the facts. I will determine the appropriate consequences when due process has transpired. Until such time, I will have no further comment regarding the situation."

Due Process --That sounds like he's going to let this work through the courts before he has any comments to make.

Well at least he is waiting for all the facts to come out.

Does anyone think that there is a bit of "black man in Lincoln Nebraska" angle to this?

It's about time someone played the race card in this situation. I wonder what took so long.

And as far as all of you who are content to "wait for the facts", the "facts" are already there. Sorry, but the longer it takes someone to explain something to me, the less likely I am to believe their story. I'm also puzzled that The Alley did not fill us in on the so called "details" that were left out of the OWH story. Does anyone suppose that he too, has an agenda?

Lastly, for those of you who don't think SP is going to be involved in how this gets presented to the media, you're only fooling yourselves.

Does anyone think that there is a bit of "black man in Lincoln Nebraska" angle to this?

It's about time someone played the race card in this situation. I wonder what took so long.

And as far as all of you who are content to "wait for the facts", the "facts" are already there. Sorry, but the longer it takes someone to explain something to me, the less likely I am to believe their story. I'm also puzzled that The Alley did not fill us in on the so called "details" that were left out of the OWH story. Does anyone suppose that he too, has an agenda?

Lastly, for those of you who don't think SP is going to be involved in how this gets presented to the media, you're only fooling yourselves.

I'm not sure the guy has an agenda, seemed genuine. The guy was there for drinks and him and Purify got into it, a chick got in the middle of it, Purify didn't let them cuff him when the cops asked him nicely. The more and more I read about this, it sounds less and less likely that Purify will be convicted of a serious charge, if at all. We all needed something to talk about in the offseason, but this is ridiculous. I'd rather talk about Ganz vs. Keller. :sarcasm

AR Husker Fan, we need your expertise here please, on how this all unfolds?

Technically, the first thing to occur will be a reading of the charges, at which time Mo can enter a plea, which will be Not Guilty. Then comes a preliminary (both the reading and the preliminary can be waived by the defense, or in some courts, the reading can be done with just defense counsel present, who may also be permitted to enter a plea on behalf of Mo; it is unlikely, though, that they will waive the preliminary), followed by a trial if there is no plea agreement (although most courts combine the reading and the preliminary as a means to save time). The preliminary will almost certainly take place before any plea agreement or serious negotiations - it's a freebie for the defense, since the prosecution has to present enough evidence (but not necessarily all of it) to bind the matter over for trial. That allows the defense to probe the strength of the case without having to reveal any details of the evidence the defense will present.

With that information, the defense can plot a reasonable settlement to pursue; they discover the major weak points, if any, and can use those to negotiate a favorable settlement.

Just don't expect anything very quickly unless witnesses start suffering from "memory loss" - if that occurs, the prosecution will press for some kind of plea rather than risking losing everything. If there's enough "memory loss" quickly enough, the prosecutor should move to dismiss outright (remember the Duke lacrosse fiasco)...