Exclusive: The alley owner sets the record straight on the MO Pur issue

strictly speaking for myself, assuming most of the charges are true, i would recommend at least a 3 game suspension from the upcoming regular season play and a ton of community service.

It'll be one game or 3 games. I don't think Callahan can get away with letting him come back just in time for the USC game. He's either out one or out until after 'SC. The media will be all over him if that happens "re-instating a star player for a big game" always draws harsh criticism.

Get away from who?

It's his program deal with it

strictly speaking for myself, assuming most of the charges are true, i would recommend at least a 3 game suspension from the upcoming regular season play and a ton of community service.

It'll be one game or 3 games. I don't think Callahan can get away with letting him come back just in time for the USC game. He's either out one or out until after 'SC. The media will be all over him if that happens "re-instating a star player for a big game" always draws harsh criticism.

I'm hoping NU will do the right thing for Purify and the University. But from my selfish point of view, I want him to play against USC. Why? Because when we beat Auburn at Auburn, Cadillac Williams was hurt and couldn't play. When we beat Va Tech in Landover, Md, Markus Vick was hurt or suspend or both and couldn't play. Till this day I hear people from those schools say this is the only reason they lost. Pitiful. If USC wins Sept 15th, I want Purify on the field. No excuses.

I'm hoping NU will do the right thing for Purify and the University. But from my selfish point of view, I want him to play against USC. Why? Because when we beat Auburn at Auburn, Cadillac Williams was hurt and couldn't play. When we beat Va Tech in Landover, Md, Markus Vick was hurt or suspend or both and couldn't play. Till this day I hear people from those schools say this is the only reason they lost. Pitiful. If USC wins Sept 15th, I want Purify on the field. No excuses.

I totally agree. I want to play you guys at full strength and it would suck to win but have fans saying you won because a horrible call or a star player was out.

I have sort of a different take on this.

We have a wide receiver who is tough enough to beat up bar bouncer, throwing him over a table, agile enough to scale a beer garden wall, and mean enough to smack a girl.

If it took four cops to cuff him, how many CU DB's does that add up to?

I'm with Husker In Hawaii, this is funny stuff, but also an insightful observation,

We have a wide receiver who is tough enough to beat up bar bouncer, throwing him over a table, agile enough to scale a beer garden wall, and mean enough to smack a girl.

I'm with Husker In Hawaii, this is funny stuff, but also an insightful observation,

Keep in mind the 4 cops didn't have to pound on him....just surrounding him was enough to get the message through (at least I don't think they had to use any force). Still funny though.... :lol:

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffin' glue.

When I was a kid, about 10 years old, my dad and I had 3-wheelers. Sometimes I would go out to the garage, get on the 3-wheeler, take off the gas cap and take a big whiff......explains a lot today. :wacko:

LMFAO@Big Guy...

Ya know... you have a good point there.

Keep in mind the 4 cops didn't have to pound on him....just surrounding him was enough to get the message through (at least I don't think they had to use any force). Still funny though.... :lol:

In the police report, they say he crossed his arms and wouldn't let them cuff him. Thus it took 4 of them to get er done. He kept questioning why they were arresting him...Doh!

FWIW the FOLLOWING STATEMENT WAS POSTED BY husktertimebaby at HI, 6pm 5/11

husktertimebaby: "I was at the Alley the night of the Mo Purify incident, I was there for a sorority graduation party. I didn't want to get to involved but I'm tired of people bashing Purify when they don't know the whole story. Me and some friends were talking to Purify earlier in the night for about 25 minutes and he is a really nice guy. After we talked to him for a while, Purify went out to the beer garden when we went to get a beer, and when we came out the bouncer that had denied him entrance at The Rail the week before and Purify were talking and it appeared as though they were friends. As we approached them we could tell it was starting to get heated and they were talking crap to each other. The Bouncer from the Rail(Josh Bjorkman of FIJI) was definitely egging him on trying to get a reaction out of him. A short time later they started pushing each other and that is when Purify pushed him onto his back onto a picnic table, and was holding him down and yelling at him, not punching him like reported in the papers. Bjorkman was kicking at him trying to get him off. This is when his girlfriend (whose name i wont say) stepped in trying to defend her boyfriend and it happened so fast but Purify just kinda pushed her out of the way and it is possible this is why the girl claims Purify hit her. In no way did he intentionally go out of his way to hit her, he meant more to get her out of the way so she wouldn't get hurt. I also know the girls who are friends with her and the next day they said she had no marks or bruises on her face that resemble getting punched in anyway. They were very surprised when they learned she was pressing charges. So the papers have been claiming that Purify just saw the man and started to beat him up, Purify and Bjorkman actually talked for I would say at least 5-10 minutes before the incident occured. When the cops came Purify was now outside the bar and he did resist arrest on the first time, but its not like he tried to run. then about 3 or 4 cops grabbed him and put him in the car. This whole thing was provoked by Bjorkman talking smack to Purify, and in no way did Purify mean to injure the girl, she never should have stepped in the middle of it. I was going to Post earlier but didn't have an account yet."