REMATCH!

Should be a very good match-up. My question is on "D" and if are secondary will truly be shored up.

If we can't stay with their recievers then it could be a long long day.

Also there might be a little bit of vindication and added intensisty for Keller to perform well.

What do you mean big win? You guys beat KU! Geeeezzz......

UCLA simply beat up USC last year, plain and simple.

I do NOT understand the defensive scheme used by Michigan against SC, because by all appearances they had a physical defense that should have beat the tar out of Booty.

They just schemed wrong. They had a guy who could lock down Jarrett (we didn't), but didn't go with the plan.

Of course, Chad Henne underperformed . . . again . . .

When we play USC, we will be facing some of our near miss recruits, including Patrick Turner, that monster Ray Maualuga, and that Byers kid on the offensive line. We need to show them they picked the wrong school.

The big receiver made all the difference in the world for USC last year, which makes me think Mo Purify with Keller could be the same problem for them, other side of the ball.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that Purify's troubles will be behind him at that point.

If he throws a couple of Trojan DB's over a bench, backhands a cheerleader, and gets obstinate with four refs, what's that, 3 penalties for 45 yards?

Just call that hat-trick "the Richie."

He can make that up on a single play.

If we have as much trouble covering their receivers as last year we could be in for a long day. That was the only thing that they had going for them for the first 3 qtrs last year. OK, their defense was in Zac's face all game. As far as crowd noise, I remember Husker fans actually drowning them out a few times when they started a chant of their own. You won't ever see that in Lincoln. I expect us to win not on a lucky play but because of the hearts of our players, the backing of the fans, and knowing this is a great chance to Restore The Order. It will be great to get back home for this game.

GBR!!! :corndance:corndance:corndance

I believe during the game Herbie will take traveler's sword and stab him(not actually but faking), and then lil red will do a belly flop on him because that all he does. But I doubt traveler will come to lincoln, but you have to admit that would be funny

I believe during the game Herbie will take traveler's sword and stab him(not actually but faking), and then lil red will do a belly flop on him because that all he does. But I doubt traveler will come to lincoln, but you have to admit that would be funny

With Nebraska's great tradition and all where did this "Herbie" come from? I liked the old guy. He looked mean and tuff. Herbie looks like a Teletube. You have got to do something about your image. :sarcasm And yeah, it would be funny seeing Tommy Trojan get scewered, by this inflatable, even from my point of view. I like it when mascots get together and stage such stuff.

With Nebraska's great tradition and all where did this "Herbie" come from? I liked the old guy. He looked mean and tuff. Herbie looks like a Teletube. You have got to do something about your image. :sarcasm And yeah, it would be funny seeing Tommy Trojan get scewered, by this inflatable, even from my point of view. I like it when mascots get together and stage such stuff.

Herbie is the "old guy" as you put it. Lil Red is the inflatable guy. He is something cute for the fans and I wish Herbie would make a few more appearances, ya know its hard to feel intimidating with a big balloon running around.

I'd feel more confident in the outcome if the game were played later in the season. For those who think Keller's going to be strong from the very beginning, I must ask how many pro QB's who switch teams start strong from the word go? He has a new team, different receivers, new scheme etc. I think the game primarily hangs on his shoulders and his performance. If he's a little off, we're gonna lose. If he plays lights out, we have a good shot.

I'd feel more confident in the outcome if the game were played later in the season. For those who think Keller's going to be strong from the very beginning, I must ask how many pro QB's who switch teams start strong from the word go? He has a new team, different receivers, new scheme etc. I think the game primarily hangs on his shoulders and his performance. If he's a little off, we're gonna lose. If he plays lights out, we have a good shot.

the thing is the scheme the playbook aren't new he's played with these recievers and running backs a year year and a half so I think and it's not all on him if we win or not if we can't run the ball we will be reliant on him to win but if we do run the ball decently it will open things up for him it all starts with the running game

It may start with the running game, but make no mistake, NU will have to be effective running AND passing. Our O-line may be effective for the run game occasionally, but it will not let Nebraska to run at will. Keller's arm will have to be a difference maker in this game.