WR D.J. Woods

I agree, it doesn't sound good at all and it looks like we'll lose him. Well, there's hope yet, but he's definitely not a lock. It's too bad, sounds like a terrific player and I'm sure he'll be burning corners for a long time to come, wherever he goes.

one thing is that OSU is recruiting him as an athlete, and NU is recruiting him as a reciever, and he wants to play on offense

I hope this rumor is not true. Woods is one of my favorite recruits in this class. He and Gabbert will be able to do a lot of damage on opposing defenses. Let's get him back in the fold before this becomes dragged out like with TR. I thought OSU wanted him as a CB anyway and he wants to play WR. OSU is probably snowing him. Man, I hate this...if you give your word, than stick to it! From what I gather, it seems Woods and his family are the type to stick to their commitment. I hope so as I think Woods will be a very special exciting player for us.

I hope this rumor is not true. Woods is one of my favorite recruits in this class. He and Gabbert will be able to do a lot of damage on opposing defenses. Let's get him back in the fold before this becomes dragged out like with TR. I thought OSU wanted him as a CB anyway and he wants to play WR. OSU is probably snowing him. Man, I hate this...if you give your word, than stick to it! From what I gather, it seems Woods and his family are the type to stick to their commitment. I hope so as I think Woods will be a very special exciting player for us.

Scout posted another article concerning DJ's trip to OSU, this time by a Nebraska reporter. Basically it said that he recieved a call from a reporter and did an interview and was misquoted and was inaccuarate.

he goes on to say that he is 100% committed to NU, is coming to Lincoln for an unofficial during the USC game, and has his official set for december.

on another note, his HS team is 1-1 and he has had 14 catches for about 300 yards.

after reading this article I am not concerned anymore at all, but it is still along way until Feb

Hey I just want to say that you guys are getting one hell of a football player in DJ Woods. We at Ohio State would love to have him. He has lightning speed and his shuttle time is one of the fastest you'll see.

He started getting major recognittion at the Pittsburgh Scout combine where he "lit it up". After that he was dubbed "Man on Fire".

we flooded his name through the forums in hopes of getting his name to the coaches. They had him on the radar all along, it was just a question of getting his SAT scores. Ohio State only had 15 schollies to offer for 2008 at the time so they were cautiously offering. Then they got the info they wanted and made the offer.

we were ecstatic cause we thought he wanted the Ohio State offer. He got it and in two weeks he committed to you guys. Nebraska is a national powerhouse. Everyone knows it and apparently someone there made a major impression on DJ.

We know how great he is and will not give up. Mike Brewster and the "Brew Crew" (a group of 08 Committs to OSU) will probably go down in history for putting together and selling one of the greatest classes in Ohio State history. It is unfortunate for Nebraska that DJ Woods is one of their targets. Brewster is a genius, and will do everything in his power to make sure that Woods has no regrets at all in choosing Nebraska. Should Woods not waiver and stay committed to Nebraska, you Cornhuskers had better realize what a great kid in DJ Woods that you will have.

Strongsville's DJ Woods knocks away a pass attempt for St. Edward's receiver Maxwell Warren in the second quarter August 24, 2007 at Pat Catan Stadium in Strongsville.

djwoods-1.jpg

Todd, the thing is, we have that same type of pull with Blaine Gabbert. Not only does he constantly stay in contact with recruits, it is pretty much our entire class that does it. Bryce Givens, Dan Hoch, Will Compton, Doug Rippy, Josh Williams, Sean Fisher, Jonas Gray -- they all have taken it upon themselves to be our extra recruiters this year. It is a reason why we will likely finish out our recruiting class with a real bang.

Even our former recruit -- Trevor Robinson was a large reason in why we got Josh Williams. Heck, without Blaine Gabbert and to a lesser extent, Doug Rippy, I doubt we have a legit chance for someone like Jonas Gray.

Will Compton may use his phone more than anyone trying to reel in recruits for Nebraska.

Maybe we need a nickname for our group as well. :)

Todd, the thing is, we have that same type of pull with Blaine Gabbert. Not only does he constantly stay in contact with recruits, it is pretty much our entire class that does it. Bryce Givens, Dan Hoch, Will Compton, Doug Rippy, Josh Williams, Sean Fisher, Jonas Gray -- they all have taken it upon themselves to be our extra recruiters this year. It is a reason why we will likely finish out our recruiting class with a real bang.

Even our former recruit -- Trevor Robinson was a large reason in why we got Josh Williams. Heck, without Blaine Gabbert and to a lesser extent, Doug Rippy, I doubt we have a legit chance for someone like Jonas Gray.

Will Compton may use his phone more than anyone trying to reel in recruits for Nebraska.

Maybe we need a nickname for our group as well. :)

I find it amusing that Will and Blaine are having a competition in seeing who can get the most recruits. That really will help them out as a team. Also Blaine is already accepting a leadership role as is Will and that's big parts of their positions so that's good as well.

Also anyone know if DJ plays against Dublin Hillard?

His dad gave some more information on DJ's trip to the OSU vs YSWU game this past weekend.

Strongsville, Ohio, wide receiver and defensive back D.J. Woods, who committed to Nebraska during the summer, attended the OSU-YSU game. Immediately rumors swirled that Woods was perhaps going to de-commit from Nebraska and commit to Ohio State. Woods and his father set the record straight in this interview with Bucknuts.com.

Bucknuts Free

It was fun to think even for a day that there still is hope for us Buckeye fans. Dj was like a fan favorite in the class of 08. we wish him the best of luck. I may even watch a few more Nebraska games in the future to see how Woods progresses.

His dad gave some more information on DJ's trip to the OSU vs YSWU game this past weekend.

Strongsville, Ohio, wide receiver and defensive back D.J. Woods, who committed to Nebraska during the summer, attended the OSU-YSU game. Immediately rumors swirled that Woods was perhaps going to de-commit from Nebraska and commit to Ohio State. Woods and his father set the record straight in this interview with Bucknuts.com.

Bucknuts Free

It was fun to think even for a day that there still is hope for us Buckeye fans. Dj was like a fan favorite in the class of 08. we wish him the best of luck. I may even watch a few more Nebraska games in the future to see how Woods progresses.

Hope you do. Feel free to come discuss whats on your mind here anytime.

I am thrilled to have him. He has playmaker potential from day one.