WR D.J. Woods

Linky:

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindeale....xml&coll=2

He is not staying with West Virginia. This kid has been through a lot. I would still like to see him as a Husker. Is the new staff contacting him? Biggest surprise I read in this article is that he was going to play CB here at NU? I had him pegged as speedy slot WR. I thought Watson would be contacting him and maybe Beck now also. Heck, let Bo turn him into a stud CB. I just like this kid and wish he would consider NU again...I think the offense we run will suit his style more than Callahan's ever would. If he ends up on defense, he just got a major upgrade from what we used to have. My understanding was his family really liked NU...

Linky:

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindeale....xml&coll=2

He is not staying with West Virginia. This kid has been through a lot. I would still like to see him as a Husker. Is the new staff contacting him? Biggest surprise I read in this article is that he was going to play CB here at NU? I had him pegged as speedy slot WR. I thought Watson would be contacting him and maybe Beck now also. Heck, let Bo turn him into a stud CB. I just like this kid and wish he would consider NU again...I think the offense we run will suit his style more than Callahan's ever would. If he ends up on defense, he just got a major upgrade from what we used to have. My understanding was his family really liked NU...

I agree it would be great to get him, but I remain skeptical. My bet is he signs with Michigan.

I hadn't heard anyone say anything about him playing cb so i wonder if the source was off

Ohio State wanted him at CB, but I think he wanted to play WR.

I had heard the same thing about Ohio State wanting him at CB but he liked WR...that is why I was surprised he was looking at CB here at NU...I still would like us to recruit him. If he is not tied to Rich Rod, then why not? Bo has ties to OH recruiting and D.J. would be good addition from OH.

I hadn't heard anyone say anything about him playing cb so i wonder if the source was off

Ohio State wanted him at CB, but I think he wanted to play WR.

I had heard the same thing about Ohio State wanting him at CB but he liked WR...that is why I was surprised he was looking at CB here at NU...I still would like us to recruit him. If he is not tied to Rich Rod, then why not? Bo has ties to OH recruiting and D.J. would be good addition from OH.

I heard he's looking at WV new coaching staff and thinking about going there again. Why is it that he never gave this program another look?

• 2 weeks later...

This kid has been on a roller coaster with his recruitment and his surgery. It does look like he ended up just taking the safe route close to home but don't know if I can blame him. Will Brian Kelly even be at Cincy during hs entire time? I am guessing not. I also wish he would have just stayed here with us. Good luck to him.