Will Bowman have a real impact?

Bowman will have a good impact if he's ready to go by the Wake Forest game. Having him able to be on the field at any capacity will be a big momentum gainer for the Defense, and even if he's not 100% by WF/USC if he is able to be a nickel back and rotate in with Grixby it is just one more thing the opposing coachees and wide outs have to prepare for and gets Grix and Jones a little more rest for the fourth quarter in case of the USC game where the secondary may be tested often if its close.

Also if he's back for WF, he can than either rest for the Ball State and Iowa State games, or use these games to work on his timing and endurance to hopefully start for the rest of conference play.

If he's not ready for the OOC schedule than he will be a factor later in the month in conference play in the situations I mentioned the WF game in earlier. Even if he never plays at 100% the entire year, he will bring more leadership, rest time and flexibility to the secondary when he returns.

I agree that he hasnt shown us much... I think Andre Jones had just as good of a season and Bowman did his first year here. Andre just didnt have the safety help.

exactly. but you have to tip your hat to bowman, he played very well in the CU game and the Alamo Bowl in 05.

After watching Murillo in the spring game, i think we might not be as bad depth wise at CB. Im just hoping Zack can come back and contribute. I dont expect him to be "lights out" if he does come back.

Oh I agree he played great at times I just dont want to expect to much just to be let down because of all the things he has been through.

I hope he is as motivated as he would seem to be to come back and give it all he has for what needs to be his Sr. season and then move to the pros. Its sad what has happened to him after he put all that trust into the coaches and the program to come back after being projected in the 2nd round.

I'm not counting on him playing much if at all for the first 6 games. I don't think he will ever be the player he might have become before the injuries hit him. It's to bad , I thought he had a chance to be one of the best at that position we have ever had. If he doe's play at all this year it will be a bonus.

GBR!!!

This is going to sound horrible and I'm sorry, but it's just my personal feeling on the issue...............I think he works really hard to get back on the field and try's to get out there too soon and ends up tweeking something again. God I hope not, but he's just pushing himself so hard from what it sounds like?

I think he has a chance to contribute, but I don't see him being a huge factor. Guys, this kind of injury is the type that can take a year or so to really overcome - it isn't just the physical, it's the mental. And since this is his second major knee injury, the mental part will be even harder to overcome.

I don't know if he can qualify for a medical hardship, but if so he should seriously consider it. He'd be far better off - both in ability and in affecting his draft status, if he came back in '08 at full speed.

I think he has a chance to contribute, but I don't see him being a huge factor. Guys, this kind of injury is the type that can take a year or so to really overcome - it isn't just the physical, it's the mental. And since this is his second major knee injury, the mental part will be even harder to overcome.

I don't know if he can qualify for a medical hardship, but if so he should seriously consider it. He'd be far better off - both in ability and in affecting his draft status, if he came back in '08 at full speed.

I agree totally AR.............