JUCO LB Shaun Mohler

Great to hear.....................I just hope we don't have any guys jump like we did last year because my nerves can't take that sh#t!!! :ahhhhhhhh

Once a decomitter , always a decommitter

Don't trust this kid until he signs on the dotted line.

when can JUCO's sign letters? he is a december grad and should be a 3 for 2

can he sign now or does he have to wait until he finishes juco

• 3 weeks later...

Mohler will be a 'Husker

FOOTBALL: Orange Coast linebacker, who starred at CdM, will play this season for the Pirates before joining Nebraska.

By Barry Faulkner

Reader Feedback - Currently No comments posted. Comments

Orange Coast College outside linebacker Shaun Mohler, who led the Mission Conference in tackles (108), solo tackles (60) and tackles for loss (15 1/2 ) in 2006, has verbally committed to accept a full football scholarship from the University of Nebraska, he confirmed Wednesday.

Mohler, the 2005 Newport-Mesa Defensive Player of the Year as a senior at Corona del Mar High, will play the 2007 season for OCC, which finished 7-4 last season and played in the U.S. Bank Beach Bowl.

Somewhat undersized at 6-foot-2, 215 pounds last season, Mohler accumulated five sacks and forced four fumbles, on his way to earning first-team All-Mission Conference National Division honors.

He enters his season at 6-3, 225 pounds and runs the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds.

Mohler had verbally committed to Cal in May, but changed his mind after taking an official visit to Lincoln, Neb. in June.

"I visited Nebraska and loved it," Mohler said. "All the coaches were nice and seemed genuine. I didn't really feel that way about Cal. They weren't calling me as much as the Nebraska coaches were."

Mohler said he also received scholarship offers from Colorado, Washington State and San Diego State and was contacted by dozens of other Division I schools.

Mohler said Nebraska's four starting linebackers this season are all expected to move on to the NFL. It's a path Cornhuskers Coach Bill Callahan, a former NFL head coach, thinks Mohler could also follow, Mohler said.

"I'm excited to be playing at a big-time program like Nebraska," Mohler said. "It's a school with great tradition."

With Mohler leading the way, the Pirates' defense led the conference in fewest points allowed (16.5 per game in the regular season) last season.

Mohler was first-team All-Southern Section (all 13 divisions) as a senior inside linebacker at CdM, where he also played quarterback, running back and receiver.

Mohler was a first-team All-Southern Section Division IX honoree, helping the Sea Kings earn their first CIF playoff victory in 10 seasons.

He plans to remain at OCC through the 2008 spring semester and is on pace to earn his associate arts degree in May. He will then have three years to exercise his two remaining seasons of eligibility, but he has no plans to redshirt.

The article said he's a May graduate...

i read that, but i was wondering if he was a full qualifier out of high school, then could he choose to enroll in Jan, instead of waiting until he graduates in May. You think that he would want to get here asap and get started with workouts

• 3 months later...

Mohler will have 3 years of on-field eligibility. He is either a 3-3 or 4-3 guy, I cannot really remember.

But Mohler's tapes are stellar. You see a guy actually willing to take on a block (McKeon could learn a thing there), the ability to get off block, a non-stop motor in pursuit and a LB who takes very good angles. Needless to say, his tapes make him look like a complete stud.