JUCO LB Shaun Mohler

I have been holding this info. for awhile as I did not want it to impact this kid's recruitment. I have a source that is close enough to the Mohler situation that gave me the following awhile ago. Take this for what it is worth...I don't have any reason to believe this source would make this up...

First, apparently Mohler committed to NU because BC guaranteed that he would be a starting LB, apparently NU was the only one to make that guarantee so Mohler committed to us. When I heard this I was pretty surprised because I would not think any coach would guarantee a player a starting job. If BC was doing this, I don't like it...starting jobs should be earned not just handed to you to get you to committ. Does anyone else know if this is common practice in recruiting? Second, apparently Mohler's grandfather is a heavy influence in his life and liked BC...apparently he was not happy with the way the fanbase was making jokes at BC's expense that were found easily on the internet. In the end, this had a negative impact in recruiting Mohler to NU.

I held this info. because I wanted to see what would happen to Mohler after Pelini visited him. My guess is Pelini made no guarantees about automatically starting at NU, which is the way it should be. In the end, Mohler (I'm guessing without a guarantee of starting anymore at NU) had to go to a school where he thought he had best chance to play. I can't fault him for that and I will be interested to see if he starts at CU. From what I heard, Mohler is a great kid...good luck to him at CU. I am sure we will find other LB's for this class.