DT Darius Parish

Yeah, I see what you mean - I'd much rather all our recruits be really N when they commit. But he seems like he's got a sensible head on - his comments said he did want to be sure, that he wasn't going to rush his decision, that he would wait until the middle or end of the season before he committed. And those are all nice sentiments, but unfortunately the pressure and nature of the game is putting some unfair stresses on these kids to commit early. What if he waits? All his scholarship offers will dry up, and then what choice does he have?

We all want early signing days, but it's almost ridiculous how early the recruits are committing. Way too early. There should be a deadline, like February 2nd for signing, before which you *can't* commit to a school - a deadline like ... November 1st? That would be very interesting.

According to the Journal Star, the main reason for his low rating is because there's not any film of him for anyone to review. That seems strange, considering my 8 man high school team filmed all our games, but whatever.

Apparently there's so little information on him that Rivals won't even give him a rating. It looks like the coaching staff may have uncovered a hidden gem in this one. Of course we won't know anything until he gets to campus, and we still need to sign him before that happens.

Seems to be a theme in this class, turning over all rocks looking for the gems. Harper, Johnson, Parish and possibly Hetzer are all guys that were kinda off the radar. I guarantee that since they are going to Nebraska, they will get more attention.

According to the Journal Star, the main reason for his low rating is because there's not any film of him for anyone to review. That seems strange, considering my 8 man high school team filmed all our games, but whatever.

Apparently there's so little information on him that Rivals won't even give him a rating. It looks like the coaching staff may have uncovered a hidden gem in this one. Of course we won't know anything until he gets to campus, and we still need to sign him before that happens.

well he is from kansas and they do things a little different down there. i think it is because they are connected to Oklahoma, and 99% of the people in Oklahomo are effin hillbillies

Did anyone read the OWH article on this guy? The way he made it sound, is that he accepted with Nebraska because they were the biggest name to offer, but he would consider other offers if a big name came calling. What's the point of even accepting this kid's verbal if this is his attitude?

Indeed, DJR313. http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10094460

Parrish, though, said he would still listen to other schools and hopes to take a couple of visits when his schedule allows it. Kansas and Colorado State have already offered him scholarships, and a host of others are showing interest, Wichita North coach Steve Clark said.

"Nebraska is the best offer I have right now," Parrish said. "If another big-time offer comes from a school the size of Nebraska, I'd think about things then. Right now it's still just a verbal commitment."

That's not exactly a Blaine Gabbert attitude he's taking on there.

Parrish, though, said he would still listen to other schools and hopes to take a couple of visits when his schedule allows it. Kansas and Colorado State have already offered him scholarships, and a host of others are showing interest, Wichita North coach Steve Clark said.

"Nebraska is the best offer I have right now," Parrish said. "If another big-time offer comes from a school the size of Nebraska, I'd think about things then. Right now it's still just a verbal commitment."

scout had a follow-up interview after that article came out and they are saying that he is 100% committed and not to worry about it

scout had a follow-up interview after that article came out and they are saying that he is 100% committed and not to worry about it

Good to hear. I'd hate to see him lose his best offer because he wasn't really committed.

"Its still just a verbal commitment"

???????????????????????????????

*SCHOLARSHIP REVOKED*

go back to 3rd grade english and learn the definition of "commitment". Then come back and talk to us. What he said is what he said.... he can't go "oh no, i am 100%" after saying something like that. He is just reserving a spot in case we get full and he doesn't get any other offers. lame.

"Its still just a verbal commitment"

???????????????????????????????

*SCHOLARSHIP REVOKED*

go back to 3rd grade english and learn the definition of "commitment". Then come back and talk to us. What he said is what he said.... he can't go "oh no, i am 100%" after saying something like that. He is just reserving a spot in case we get full and he doesn't get any other offers. lame.

Yeah, it's not exactly what you want to see out of a recruit, and it won't really endear him to any fans - but in his defense, what can you do? It's insane how early classes are filling up now, before they have a chance to make a sensible, well thought out decision.

But yes, let's just wait and see what happens.

People tend to get to worked over these situations, sometimes a kid will go ahead and take the official visits even though he is 100% committed to a particular school, especially kids from families whom don't have alot of money or aren't in a position where they have been out of their communities... for these kids a free trip to another city to see a college campus is like a vacation. Would you turn down five almost virtually free trips to places like California, Florida etc or to see some of the big time college campuses if you are a football fan or a player? I don't think I would.