DT Darius Parish

Indeed, DJR313. http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10094460

Parrish, though, said he would still listen to other schools and hopes to take a couple of visits when his schedule allows it. Kansas and Colorado State have already offered him scholarships, and a host of others are showing interest, Wichita North coach Steve Clark said.

"Nebraska is the best offer I have right now," Parrish said. "If another big-time offer comes from a school the size of Nebraska, I'd think about things then. Right now it's still just a verbal commitment."

That's not exactly a Blaine Gabbert attitude he's taking on there.

true, but i don't think he is a big get by any means, too many question marks about this kid. i think he is just " filler" for us and he doesn't have much chance of anyone else calling either.

Remember this quote made by Cally after Josh Freeman reneged on his commit at the 11th hour before signing day?

"We want players who want us because we feel that Nebraska is a special, special situation....If you're a prima donna, if you're a drama queen, there's no room for you at Nebraska. You can go to K-State."

Darius should feel fortunate that Nebraska offered him and pray that the coaches don't revoke the scholly. If Cally really believes in what he said about not having prima donnas and wanting players who feel that Nebraska is a special situation, then he should get on the horn with Darius and lay in on the line - "if you are 'N' because you know that Nebraska is the place to be...great! If not, we're taking back the scholly offer so that a kid that really wants to play for Nebraska can use it."

I get really tired of these players who make a commitment than immediately start shopping. His statements "it's just a verbal commitment" and "Nebraska is the best offer that i have right now" seems like he is hoping for a "better" offer somewhere. His attitude irritates me, as well.

Make no mistake about it. Darius Parish is a great pick up for us.

As for the quote in the OWH, I would not put much stock in it just yet. The OWH has not exactly been pro-Husker lately, and their sports writing has been known to be inaccurate. Heck, they even spelled Parish’s name wrong in the title of their article.

Parrish, though, said he would still listen to other schools and hopes to take a couple of visits when his schedule allows it. Kansas and Colorado State have already offered him scholarships, and a host of others are showing interest, Wichita North coach Steve Clark said.

"Nebraska is the best offer I have right now," Parrish said. "If another big-time offer comes from a school the size of Nebraska, I'd think about things then. Right now it's still just a verbal commitment."

true, but i don't think he is a big get by any means, too many question marks about this kid. i think he is just " filler" for us and he doesn't have much chance of anyone else calling either.

You have that right. This kid won't get a better offer. Looks like we are stuck with him.

You have that right. This kid won't get a better offer. Looks like we are stuck with him.

You're right, were stuck with a player taking up a scholarship and riding the bench cause our coaches have no idea what they're doing. :sarcasm .

It's not the fact that he has 10 stars or 0 stars...the fact that he is reserving his spot on this team in case he doesn't get any other big fish offers, he may be taking the spot of a kid that really WANTS to be a husker in his heart but just hasn't verballed yet, or is waiting to take his visits, etc.... he could have went about it a better way is all I am saying.

It's not the fact that he has 10 stars or 0 stars...the fact that he is reserving his spot on this team in case he doesn't get any other big fish offers, he may be taking the spot of a kid that really WANTS to be a husker in his heart but just hasn't verballed yet, or is waiting to take his visits, etc.... he could have went about it a better way is all I am saying.

Wow Alex, I should've looked at this first. This is awful...can you trade schollies in the NCAA?!? Hopefully he will decommit soon to open up for someone who wants to play here. Whoever recruited him obviously missed something...he may have some talent, but he has no desire to be a Husker. :angry:

Great point!!!!! This kid is really pissing me off!!!! :madash

How is Parish so much different than Whitmore?

How is Parish so much different than Whitmore?

:dunno Who said he was. :dunno It wasn't me.

I listened to the interview. It wasn't as bad as built up as after reading some posts I thought it was going to be horrendous. He seems just like a pretty mellow kid in the midst of his recruiting process with not much to say and new to all of this. Yes, he didn't exude excitement but I didn't get the impression he would be doing cartwheels if he was to get offered by OU or Texas...I don't get impression he is scheming. In the end, I think the coaches will have this one under control. Seems to me the coaches must know they have a very raw talent here with huge upside...if we get him, great...get him in the program and work with him to achieve his fullest potential...if not, it will not be end of the world as we have other D-Lineman being recruited that will take his spot. The kid has never been to a game...get him here for a game and I think his excitement will go way up! :hellloooo