Future

I understand how much everyone in husker nation is celebrating the arrival of the west coast offense and the excitement of the forward pass. We as fans need the assurance of the Big Red to survive into the next ERA of college football. Dead is the option, recruiting would have continued to fall without the legend Tom Osborne holding the clip board. Callaham has done a remarkable job with Zac Taylor and winning the North this last year, Sam will give Callahan an opprotunity to showcase his play calling skills to the pro coaching scouts, which will put Bill on some pro prospect lists. This means when the opprotunity arrises and the conditions are right Callahan will bolt to the NFL.......his home. So, Im pushing the Tom Rathman future head coach @ Nebraska campaign. For Steve Pederson to hire Tom Rathman as a running backs coach/offensive coordinator until Bill leaves us. I assure you there is no better fit for Nebraska Football and a long future than Tom Rathman.

I doubt Callahan will bolt to the NFL as soon as we have more success. He wanted to return to the college game by choice, if he hadn't, I'm sure he could have gotten a job as another head coach or assistant in the NFL after being at Oakland.

I understand how much everyone in husker nation is celebrating the arrival of the west coast offense and the excitement of the forward pass. We as fans need the assurance of the Big Red to survive into the next ERA of college football. Dead is the option, recruiting would have continued to fall without the legend Tom Osborne holding the clip board. Callaham has done a remarkable job with Zac Taylor and winning the North this last year, Sam will give Callahan an opprotunity to showcase his play calling skills to the pro coaching scouts, which will put Bill on some pro prospect lists. This means when the opprotunity arrises and the conditions are right Callahan will bolt to the NFL.......his home. So, Im pushing the Tom Rathman future head coach @ Nebraska campaign. For Steve Pederson to hire Tom Rathman as a running backs coach/offensive coordinator until Bill leaves us. I assure you there is no better fit for Nebraska Football and a long future than Tom Rathman.

the last interview that was done with Tom Rathman, was that he was not interested in returning to college. he wanted to stay in the pros

can't agree with that. he has no head coaching experience whatsoever.

neither did Tom Osborne, Bob Devaney, or Frank Solich (unless you count high school for FS)

I doubt Callahan will bolt to the NFL as soon as we have more success. He wanted to return to the college game by choice, if he hadn't, I'm sure he could have gotten a job as another head coach or assistant in the NFL after being at Oakland.

I am sure that he would have been picked up by Gruden in Tampa Bay

I have no opinion one way or another so......please spell out why you think Tom Rathman would be the future of Nebraska. Your post above merely states that Cally will move on but gives no basis for why you think our next coach should be Rathman.

When BC came to Lincoln, I must admit that I thought that NU was a "pit-stop" back to the NFL........ Now, I am not so sure.... as I have stated before, after the CU win at Boulder 2 years ago, BC got "choked up" and had trouble speaking after that win..... he talked about how proud he was of "his kids"........ this is not a behavior or statement made by a coach in the NFL....... I think he really does enjoy the college level, and it just took a year or two for him to rekindle his fondness for the college game...... He is no longer the "CEO" type of coach, but more of a typical college coach...

By the way..... remember, he has spent 17 years of his coaching career in the college game.....