JUCO DT Justin Thompson

Player: Justin Thompson

Hometown: Torrance, CA

Position: DT

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 290 lbs.

40 time: 5.2

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Miami, Ohio State, LSU, Cal, Arizona, Oregon, Oregon State, Florida, Tennessee, Hawaii

Favorites: Miami soft verbal is considering other schools

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report: :star:star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: One of the top Juco DT's has offers from several top programs.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 25% Thompson is a soft verbal to Miami who now has high interest in Nebraska, Ohio State, and LSU. He has scheduled October visits to Ohio State and LSU with indications to schedule a visit to Nebraska (date not confirmed yet as far as I can tell). We have also offered his teammates Simi Kuli (DE) and Tavares Pressley (RB).

Note: There is a thread regarding Thompson in the general recruiting forum called "NU to get official visit from 5 star DT". Mods, please merge if you like...but wanted to get Thompson up on the formal board here.

Yeah I heard we have a real shot at this guy because of the fact most people think Simi Kuli is N eventually.

I guess when Kuli is asked about colleges he sticks to who wouldn't want to play at Nebraska and why wouldn't I go there. So I don't know what the hold up is on him or if he is just saying that.

I think someone made a good point before, I dont know if it was on here or somewhere else. But sometimes the coaches might ask them to be silent commits so it doesnt scare off other recruits. If a recruit who wants to play early hears that they have another commit at their position they might shut the door on the immediatley instead of giving them a chance and forming bonds and relationships with the coaches, players and current commits.

I think someone made a good point before, I dont know if it was on here or somewhere else. But sometimes the coaches might ask them to be silent commits so it doesnt scare off other recruits. If a recruit who wants to play early hears that they have another commit at their position they might shut the door on the immediatley instead of giving them a chance and forming bonds and relationships with the coaches, players and current commits.

We have several high rated O lineman. If the staff were concerned about top talent scaring off other commits, then it stands to reason they would've had these guys commit quietly. As is the case, they didn't do that.

I'm also unaware of them ever doing this in the past.

It's a possibility i suppose, but based on the staff's history it doesn't seem very likely to me.

We have several high rated O lineman. If the staff were concerned about top talent scaring off other commits, then it stands to reason they would've had these guys commit quietly. As is the case, they didn't do that.

It's a possibility i suppose, but based on the staff's history it doesn't seem very likely to me.

i agree, very doubtful.

I'm not so sure...being a juco means he'd probably play right away...a freshmen recruit coming in hoping to play right away could see that hope go away and he'd have to redshirt. Not that that's a bad thing, but a possibility to think about.

I'm not so sure...being a juco means he'd probably play right away...a freshmen recruit coming in hoping to play right away could see that hope go away and he'd have to redshirt. Not that that's a bad thing, but a possibility to think about.

i agree the logic is valid. it doesn't seem like our staff looks at in this way, based on similar past situations.