Great read for Husker Fans

Six years? There have been many who have done it in less time, with much less.

It's not like he took over Baylor.

Who are you referring to?

Stoops and Weiss come to mind immediately.

It can be argued that in both cases, talent was there. Especially in Weiss's case. In Oklahoma's case, you had proven recruiters like John Blake there. In fact, people who are into saying coach x took coach y's team to big game z would say that Stoops took Blake team to a National Championship. I am not one of those guys because I think it's an asinine thing to say. My main point here is that every situation is different, IMO it's really hard to compare things like that apples to apples. That and I don't think Stoops is an amazing coach.

Also, speaking of Weiss, what exactly has he won? I know he's got the media drooling on him constantly, but really. What have they won? They all but fell apart at the end of last year.

Dave, I am pretty sure that Charlie Weis has won his fair share of wing eating contests in South Bend, so clearly, your argument is shot.

Also, speaking of Weiss, what exactly has he won? I know he's got the media drooling on him constantly, but really. What have they won? They all but fell apart at the end of last year.

a big dollar contract from notre dame and the puppy love adoration of ESPN.

outside of that, not much.

I can't stand the guy but this is a great read.

Big 12 Football Preview: Callahan still must mold talent into titles

BY LEE BARFKNECHT

WORLD-HERALD STAF WRITER

Garnering attention by spewing negativity—that’s all Barfkneckt is about. I am shocked—SHOCKED—that the OWH continues to employ this anti-Husker jackhole as a “STAF" writer.

I thought it was a nice read. As fans, we tend to be over-optimistic about the ability of our players going into a season. To us, Purify may be a stud game-breaker, but to an outside observer, he is just a big red-zone target that doesn't do much else. It all depends on perspective, and this article was a nice dose of reality. That said, don't let it cloud your excitement about the upcoming season.

I still have faith that it is going to be a special one.

Husker X...GREAT post. Some people are just blind to what has actually gone on in Lincoln. If ever there were a misleading record, Frank's 9-3 is. However, anti-callahan folks will mention that everytime. I guess getting blown out 3 times is better than playing 4 top 10 teams, going 9-5, and losing to 2 top 10 teams by a total of 5 points. Give me a break.

Callahan took a Mack truck and had to turn it into a Ferrari...without even having the parts!!! The fact he has done what he's done so far, is amazing.

I am confident this year is gonna be huge. Time to get it started. Go Big Red!!

Your totally right about this...Tom Osborne inherited a 2 time defending champion football team, and it took him 20+ years to win his first National title.

MAYBE if we woulda canned osborne sooner on, somebody else woulda came in and then Nebraska would REALLY be considered a powerhouse..

:sarcasm

With a post like that, I guess one would have to wonder why we fired Solich? I always find it interesting the guys who beg for more time and patience for BC were the same ones calling for Solich's head without even giving his new staff time. His new staff really didn't even get a chance to recruit to see if recruiting would improve. Ironic! Btw, TO was never fired. He retired, but your post insinuates that he was fired.

Urban Meyer took over a Florida team and changed the offense to his spread option. I don't know whether or not Carroll changed the offense at USC, but USC was for the most part terrible in comparison to their history when he took over. There are coaches that have obviously achieved a lot more in less time. It's not hard to see why BC is taking some bashing. Look at Franchione at A&M. He's only been there 1 year longer than BC here and he's playing in a lot tougher division than NU. Patience is running very thin in Aggie land.

I'm ok with giving BC til the end of his contract. I'm still the most concerned about not having a BC recruited QB going into year 4. I would say this disappoints me the most. I can live with the expectation of being 8-4 or 9-3. I mean we do play USC who is favored to win the NC, and we play Texas on their home field. It's easy to conceive we lose those 2. We only need to stub our toe against one or two other teams to see the author's predicted record. You can like or dislike the author's commentary all you want, but remember this: liars figure but figures don't lie. He used statistics, and he wasn't shooting from the hip.

Husker X...GREAT post. Some people are just blind to what has actually gone on in Lincoln. If ever there were a misleading record, Frank's 9-3 is. However, anti-callahan folks will mention that everytime. I guess getting blown out 3 times is better than playing 4 top 10 teams, going 9-5, and losing to 2 top 10 teams by a total of 5 points. Give me a break.

Callahan took a Mack truck and had to turn it into a Ferrari...without even having the parts!!! The fact he has done what he's done so far, is amazing.

I am confident this year is gonna be huge. Time to get it started. Go Big Red!!

You mean Joe Dailey's not a part??? :sarcasm I think when you run out of bounds with no time left you're considered faulty!!!

BY LEE BARFKNECHT

WORLD-HERALD STAF WRITER

Garnering attention by spewing negativity—that’s all Barfkneckt is about. I am shocked—SHOCKED—that the OWH continues to employ this anti-Husker jackhole as a “STAF" writer.

Is that like a 'STAF' infection? ;)

Ole Barfneck has always been an average writer that aspires to be the next Woody Paige. His article is filled with exaggeration, a smattering of statistics and a mysterious pole of former players he neglected to inform us who they were. The first and third show his lack of ability to form his own opinion. Statistics can always be cherry picked to support any argument.

I will agree that Stewart Bradley will be missed this year.

BY LEE BARFKNECHT

WORLD-HERALD STAF WRITER

Is that like a 'STAF' infection? ;)

Yeah—and just about as pleasant. Too bad antibiotics won’t make Barfy go away.

I'm ok with giving BC til the end of his contract. I'm still the most concerned about not having a BC recruited QB going into year 4.

Who recruited Taylor, Ganz, Witt, Lee, Davis and I guess you could throw in Keller? Just wondering.

This article is stupid like most things that Barf-neck writes. Every other article about the Big 12 teams stated things that teams have going for them and what to expect this season. This NU article was all things NU can't and won't do this year.

Your totally right about this...Tom Osborne inherited a 2 time defending champion football team, and it took him 20+ years to win his first National title.

MAYBE if we woulda canned osborne sooner on, somebody else woulda came in and then Nebraska would REALLY be considered a powerhouse..

:sarcasm

With a post like that, I guess one would have to wonder why we fired Solich? I always find it interesting the guys who beg for more time and patience for BC were the same ones calling for Solich's head without even giving his new staff time. His new staff really didn't even get a chance to recruit to see if recruiting would improve. Ironic! Btw, TO was never fired. He retired, but your post insinuates that he was fired.

Urban Meyer took over a Florida team and changed the offense to his spread option. I don't know whether or not Carroll changed the offense at USC, but USC was for the most part terrible in comparison to their history when he took over. There are coaches that have obviously achieved a lot more in less time. It's not hard to see why BC is taking some bashing. Look at Franchione at A&M. He's only been there 1 year longer than BC here and he's playing in a lot tougher division than NU. Patience is running very thin in Aggie land.

I'm ok with giving BC til the end of his contract. I'm still the most concerned about not having a BC recruited QB going into year 4. I would say this disappoints me the most. I can live with the expectation of being 8-4 or 9-3. I mean we do play USC who is favored to win the NC, and we play Texas on their home field. It's easy to conceive we lose those 2. We only need to stub our toe against one or two other teams to see the author's predicted record. You can like or dislike the author's commentary all you want, but remember this: liars figure but figures don't lie. He used statistics, and he wasn't shooting from the hip.

He never said T.O. was fired, and you must of missed the sarcasm in his post

OPB when are you going to nutt up and join me in the woodshed? Actually you are so scared you wont even respond to me when I ask you this! :box

I really don't need to respond to you :asshat . Like a guy from another board said, there is enough mindless blather around here, honestly I'm better than the locker room atmosphere of the Woodshed. I'm not here for a pissing contest.

You can't out-think or out debate me on the public forums, I would destroy you in the Woodshed, too.