Good bad ugly

you know I realize we got dominated most of the game. but I tell you what me jus trying to be optimistic here. im looking at what plays could have easily gone our way and chged the complexion of the game.

-int in endzone when we were penalized for roughing the passer. that resulted in a TD. we march down and score (big IF) and its a 14 pt swing.

-i know we keep say IF - but again if we didnt turn the ball over in a couple key situations (which in all reality is not common and shouldnt noramlly happen) we may end up with another score and hold them from another

any others people can think of? b/c sersiouly you add that 14 pt swign and maybe anothner TD for us and were in that thing - somehow. altho I admit we got dominated, we truly should have been in that thing till the end.

it jus seems like the little things keep killing us. and for some reason this team has no moxy to overcome the adversity to get back in it. you know they always say the personalit of the team reflects that of their coahces. is that the prob here???

Games usually come down to a handfull of plays that determine the outcome. If you can have those plays go your way, you have a great chance of pulling it out. Those plays just never ever go our way. I think that's more or less what you are getting at, Bob. It sucks!!! :)

and for some reason this team has no moxy to overcome the adversity to get back in it.

exactly what I was thinkin'. Once the fourth quarter comes around and we're still losing, it seems like they get together on the sideline and say "Well....we played pretty hard today, I'm tired, and we're losing. So what do you say we just give em' this one and get out of here?" IDK, maybe that's just the way I'm seeing it because I'm getting so damn frustrated with this bullsh#t...

The way I see it, Cosgrove is a lot like Bohl IMO. Our defense got totally dominated a couple of years ago several times in our 7-7 season. Last year, Pelini lit a fire in the defense, and they played very good most of the time. Cosgrove came from Wisconsin who never really has had a very good defense. Year in and year out, they are pretty salty on offense but not defense. This year, Wisconsin is undefeated and ranked I believe 5th. They have an outstanding defense. Why? They got KState's codefensive cordinater from a year ago. He's supposed to be the next Bob Stoops.

For me, the jury is still out on Callahan and the offense. However, I've pretty much written off Cosgrove. You guys want to keep talking about the 3 games we lost last year and how the defense got torched. Well keep this in mind: Brad Smith is only the second quarterback ever in D1 to throw for 2,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards in one season. He torched a lot of teams, and played very well against a team everyone thought was hands down the best team in America: Oklahoma. Ell Roberson when healthy and not in legal troubles dominated all teams they played. Look at what he and co. did to Oklahoma last year. Vincent Young, well he's a good player playing for the biggest dipsh*t to ever coach college football. Sometimes talent does win out over poor coaching and schemes.

I know we can't bring Pelini back, but I hope Callahan really thinks about his staff in the off season and what changes need to be made.

Ok,what did everyone expect out of all the changes that were made this year?A National championship?Big 12 championship?A Bowl game?Folks none of that is going to happen this year.We will break records this year but not the ones you want to brag about.Think the loss to Tech and K-State was bad?Wait till we meet Oklahoma,it will be ugly!!!Why is all this happening?Because our wonderful A.D. Steve Peterson did not like the direction the program was going.Well I for one think it was going a lot further than it is now.Yes I like others could not understand Soliches thinking on a lot of things and at times I too screamed at the television to fire the s.o.b.,but we had what we had for years in Nebraska,stability,coaches who had been here in Nebraska for years and had pride in the program,winning seasons,POWER FOOTBALL.Now what do we have,all new coaching staff that was brought here for one reason in their eyes.To make money.How many of these coaches will be here next year do you think after we rack up the worst season in decades and they hear all the comments and take heat from Husker nation?So brace yourselves for several bad years.

I think the worst season in decades happened 2 years ago. A losing record against D-1 oppents and 3-5 Big 12 record. We can still win at least two games on our schedule and that would give us at least a winning record. I don't think we will suffer to many bad seasons. Every program goes through these things. I don't think this staff was brought in here to make money either. i think they were brouhgt here because they can bring in better talent.

I recall during the broadcast yesterday, the anouncers went to Matt Davidson on the side line and he reported that the Husker Defense had no fire and looked lathargic. This is a direct reflection on the preperation qualities of the coaching staff. With the north division still in this teams grasps there should be no problem having them ready to play.

That said, these players should at look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves :wtf . These kids need to dig down and start playing like there is no tomorrow because in reality if we continue down this path tomorrow looks real bleak. We have four games left and in reality we should be able to compete in three of them.

pederson made his choice and we will have to live with it for a few years, hopefully it will work out.

HANG IN THERE HUSKERS we will always love you but lets at least look like we want to win.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

I recall during the broadcast yesterday, the anouncers went to Matt Davidson on the side line and he reported that the Husker Defense had no fire and looked lathargic. This is a direct reflection on the preperation qualities of the coaching staff. With the north division still in this teams grasps there should be no problem having them ready to play.

That said, these players should at look themselves in the mirror and ask themselves :wtf . These kids need to dig down and start playing like there is no tomorrow because in reality if we continue down this path tomorrow looks real bleak. We have four games left and in reality we should be able to compete in three of them.

pederson made his choice and we will have to live with it for a few years, hopefully it will work out.

HANG IN THERE HUSKERS we will always love you but lets at least look like we want to win.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

I agree that the players have to be fired up, but Bradly said to the press after the game that preparation isn't the issue. They just have to go out and play. I think it as Kapuist's artice in the OWH.

Something's gotta happen if they are going to salvage this season.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

I agree that the players have to be fired up, but Bradly said to the press after the game that preparation isn't the issue. They just have to go out and play. I think it as Kapuist's artice in the OWH.

I doubt a player is going to say the coaching sucks and he's running a crappy defense, he probs wouldn't play much.

I want to know what big mouth smith is saying. He didn't do crap all game.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

I doubt a player is going to say the coaching sucks and he's running a crappy defense, he probs wouldn't play much.

It's always about the politics and not about the football, right?

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

It's always about the politics and not about the football, right?

It's the same thing as guys like you saying that the coaches aren't going to say we don't have talent and that our guys stink.

I could give a sh#t what offense we run. I know enough to know that the way that we have been doing it isn't the only way to play the game and considering neither me or you have any control over who coaches, and blah, blah, blah I am willing to see what happens in the next couple years.

Well, that might be fine for you, but I do give a sh#t what offense we run. I want an offense that scores and doesn't look like a bunch of pop warner rejects. Whether it's personnel or coaching, something's got to be done, or were gonna end up below .500.

I remember when we would be running the ball and put up more yardage than the whole offense combined this year. I know it's today, and not yesterday, but some adjustments need to be made.

Raise your hand if you were alive the last time we didn't go to a bowl game???

What is your goal for the Husker team Walksalone. DO you want us to win or just to put up a lot of yards and a ton of points. Because there is a difference. Tech puts up a ton of yards and a ton of points in a season but they do not win championships. Ohio State wins games with the little things that produce victories. They are not a fancy team and do not put a lot of points but they generally find ways to win games. This year may not be the case for them but in the year they won a championship they averaged less than 20 points a game but still won the national championship.