#1 thing that MUST change from '06 to '07

cmb23

3rd Qtr scoring

Return Game must improve dramatically :angry:

I agree 100%. Coming out as hot as you come in is most important.

I would like to see a more aggressive defense, which should be more of an option with a better defensive backfield this year. I also think that the offensive gameplan at times last year stagnated and played more to stay in the game: USC, OU and Auburn in particular.

There are a lot of good posts on this thread. I will go with wanting the offense to continue where they left off in the first half. I am concern this could happen again this year because we have the same receivers. Of the upper classmen WRs, only Purify seems to be a real talent. We can only hope that the younger -- and more talented -- WRs can step up quickly and help solve this problem. Plus more consistant OL play would help, too, in addition to Lucky and Glenn staying healthy.

I tend to think it was a lack of execution that caused the problem last year due to a lack of physical talent at WR and a lack of depth and experience on the OL. Once defenses made second-half adjustments, it seem like our offense didn't have the ability to counter. The West Coast is supposed to be geared for any defense as long as you have the execution and talent to run it.

Outscore the opponent every game.

Statistics have shown that 98% of the time, the team that scores more points than the other team comes out the victor. :)

Treat the first drive of the second half like the first drive of the game, especially if we are up by 10 points or less. Don't let off until the clock hits ZERO.

Simple, protect the damn rock.

Cut down on the fumbles, the picks, the dropped passes and the muffed punts and we could be a 10-11 win team.

didn't taylor only have like 3-4 picks?

Yeah, against OU. He threw three picks and had a fumble in that game alone. He wasn't bad during the regular season but the picks he threw came at very bad times, both in terms of field position and momentum/score of the games.

Fumbles were a major issue last year and cost us some very big games, most notably Texas and Auburn, (we fumbled 25 times last year and lost 70% of them to the other team while only recovering only 40% of the ones we forced) dropped passes, especially a large number on second and third down cost us drives and botched punt/kick returns cost us field position way too often.

Simple, protect the damn rock.

Cut down on the fumbles, the picks, the dropped passes and the muffed punts and we could be a 10-11 win team.

didn't taylor only have like 3-4 picks?

Yeah, against OU. He threw three picks and had a fumble in that game alone. He wasn't bad during the regular season but the picks he threw came at very bad times, both in terms of field position and momentum/score of the games.

Fumbles were a major issue last year and cost us some very big games, most notably Texas and Auburn, (we fumbled 25 times last year and lost 70% of them to the other team while only recovering only 40% of the ones we forced) dropped passes, especially a large number on second and third down cost us drives and botched punt/kick returns cost us field position way too often.