Satisified or unsatisified.

HSKRNOKC

Uhh...yeah...but that's a loaded question.

Once we realized what we could get by with, that's what we did. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, why tip your hand to the next opponent.

I am very disappointed in our receivers. Keller was spot-on, and these guys couldn't catch, as usual. Everyone announces, "It'll be addressed this week."

So? :dunno

It's been addressed for a long time. Seniors that have been dropping passes for 4 years. What good is a week going to do? Seriously, I loved the win, loved the gameplan, but this sh*t is going to bite us in the ass. Yes, Purify comes back, but NU needs more than just him. Maybe Swift will pick it up? I don't know. You want the season where it all comes together and the Huskers win the Big 12 Championship?!? Better start praying for these easy receptions that seem to be very difficult for veteran receivers.

Uhh...yeah...but that's a loaded question.

Once we realized what we could get by with, that's what we did. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, why tip your hand to the next opponent.

I am very disappointed in our receivers. Keller was spot-on, and these guys couldn't catch, as usual. Everyone announces, "It'll be addressed this week."

So? :dunno

It's been addressed for a long time. Seniors that have been dropping passes for 4 years. What good is a week going to do? Seriously, I loved the win, loved the gameplan, but this sh*t is going to bite us in the ass. Yes, Purify comes back, but NU needs more than just him. Maybe Swift will pick it up? I don't know. You want the season where it all comes together and the Huskers win the Big 12 Championship?!? Better start praying for these easy receptions that seem to be very difficult for veteran receivers.

We have many good receivers. Some are very young. I would believe that if Hardy, Nunn cant get it together with Purify coming back , that we will start seeing some of these younger guys play a bigger role.

I also expect them to work Paul into the rotation more as he learns. The catch he had was a very nice one.

I think that Nunn will get it together. I have never much cared for Hardy. He has some important catches for us but he is to inconsistent IMO. He drops WAY to many balls.

Once they settled down I thought they looked like they have a good handle on the wco. Keller only needed to let the excitement he was feeling run it's course and then he seemed to get into the flow of the game. Receiver's played about the way I thought they would, was waiting for those dropped passes on long plays <_< . Would like to see more of Swift in the game plan, like the way he steps up when he gets his chances.

Any way I am excited about this year and still worried a little about next weeks game but not like I was before watching yesterdays game. I saw a lot of positives in the game. Callahan is putting the pieces together.

GBR!!! :thumbs:thumbs

completely satisfied

Let's run down some stats here.....

Marlon led the entire country in rushing yesterday

The team led the entire country in rushing yards

We held them to less than 100 rushing, and just a hair over 100 passing - less than 200 total yards

We punted twice the entire game

thirty five freakin' first downs! nuff said!

and the Blackshirts, man they were in the NV QB's face all day! NICE JOB!

Sure, there was a time early in the game that I was worried. Dropped passes, errant passes that reminded me of "Oh Lord" Jamal, and a secondary getting used and abused for a short time. after that, it all started clicking.

Big kudos to the "suspect" DL who proved that graduation hasn't affected the talent level.

Even bigger kudos to the OL that dominated NV's defensive front and opened holes you could drive a JD 7440 through for Marlon.

I think that if there is any aspect of our game yesterday that isn't an A or A+, it would be the special teams play (except the awesome leg). I don't think we have a standout bulldog like we had in Rigoni last year.

Other notes....

It was great to see the option plays when Ganz took over the team (much later than I had expected), even though they didn't go for much yardage.

Was Keller's dad wearing MICHIGAN sunglasses during the interview? Only caught a glimpse, but it looked like a big "m" on the side.

thanks to ABC/ESPN for bringing back the "Nebraska fan at the DMV" commercial. Can't get enough of that one!

how many I-A coaches around the country were checking their non-conference schedules last night for the rest of this year and future years for potential I-AA pungie pits like Michigan ran into?

The bar I was in had one CU fan - and he was playing darts instead of watching their OT win. go figure

Texas was beaten in every aspect except the final score by Arkansas State. sound familiar? Michigan and Notre Dame lose. BIG DAY! If Michigan is anywhere near the top 25 come Tuesday night, the voters should have their privledges stripped!

And finally.... Our opponent next weekend lost, but was stopped many times in BC's red zone, and easily could have beaten them. It will be a good game that I'm proud to say I'll be at. WF's secondary isn't as suspect as I thought.