Why all the hatred for Bill Callahan

After four years there is still people who want Bill Callahan fired. What has Bill done that is just so bad that people hate this guy? Bill has never riped the state, the fans, the players or the university. He was brought in a situation that is pretty much a no win situation. To some fans he will never be better than Osborne and he was never born in Nebraska. Those are already two strikes against him. I belive no coach wants to come here because of the high expectations. This fire Bill Callahan is going to go on until he is then fired. Congrates Bill 5 more years of some fans hateing your ass!!! I for one like Callahan. But I'm in the minority. Go luck Bill. May the 2007 season bring you a Big 12 Championship.

He is not the 4th highest paid and I don't know where you got that from. He isn't in the top 5. He is barely around #10.

He is behind many including Saban, Carrol, Weis, Stoops, Tressel and Brown just to name a few. Anyone notice the BCS games and National titles by 5 of them. That is what 2MIL+ will get ya I guess. I think Callahan is paid the right amount based on the expectations.

Now that he is paid like a top 10 coach it's time to see it on the field. And it's only a $175K bonus so he was already paid pretty high.

by the way, does anyone here do research before they post??

He took the job saying he wanted to be somewhere where his kids could grow up, feel safe and build a realtionship with the people of Nebraska.

Him taking this extension and at the price stated indicates he is a man of his word. He is not trying to rape us. He has done most of what he was hired to do. If and when the NC come he may renegoiate his contract and he may not. He seems happy to be here and does not appear to be greedy. That normally indicates a pretty good person.

As long as he is happy with the extension, I am. I do not care if we have the highest paid coach. I want a coach that is happy with what he is paid.

I guess all those that had him leaving this year had better hunker down for the long haul. He is our coach, and it is time to forget all your gloom and doom. His bosses are happy with him and that truly is all that matters, you can ask Frank if you don't believe it.

He is not the 4th highest paid and I don't know where you got that from. He isn't in the top 5. He is barely around #10.

He is behind many including Saban, Carrol, Weis, Stoops, Tressel and Brown just to name a few. Anyone notice the BCS games and National titles by 5 of them. That is what 2MIL+ will get ya I guess. I think Callahan is paid the right amount based on the expectations.

Now that he is paid like a top 10 coach it's time to see it on the field. And it's only a $175K bonus so he was already paid pretty high.

hhhhmmmmmmmmm let me read between the lines here.........................you dislike Callahan..............got it thanks!!!! :wacko:

hhhhmmmmmmmmm let me read between the lines here.........................you dislike Callahan..............got it thanks!!!! :wacko:

not just "dislikes" Callahan, but anyone who likes Callahan, anyone not as insightful as himself, anyone overly optimistic (i.e., in his own eyes) about the Huskers. I doubt he's a Husker fan at all, just here to get a rise out of himself.

I didn't slam Callahan at all in this post. I the previous poster was wrong in calling him 4th. I also said he now needs to improve to a top 10 team. Not a slam at all, logistically I think the contract was extremely fair for NU and we got a good deal without giving a raise. He could have forced Pud to give him over 2Mil and he would have gotten it. That would have been bad for us.

Relax Frisco. I am not a Husker hater just because I don't think Callahan is the right coach.

i agree with the original subject of this post. I have wondered why some are so against him. TO is considered the greatest coach ever by nebraskans and i agree he was great but how many of you that are old enough felt that way about him in 1978, 1987, 1988 etc....when he couldnt win a bowl game, he couldnt win the big one, he couldnt beat the sooners, etc.....i remember when i was a kid in the 80's how nebraska was good but yet couldnt win a bowl game, did anyone ever go after TO then and say he is the wrong guy. i assume so but i was also to young to be sure...BC is in his 4th year now, what did TO do in his first 4 years. also remember he had the athletes of devaney to work with where as franks biggest downfall i feel was his recruiting therefore BC didnt have much to work with and definately nothing to work with in the new offense. Give the guy some time, it took TO 20 years to get a title and once he did he became a god....changing coaches every few years like some schools do is not the answer. you need stability in a system. BC is so far improving every year, we have not went backwards so be patient.

remember nebraska went a long time with out a National title so i am not sure why we think we should get one every year now.....i am not saying we shouldnt hope/expect it but it is hard to stay on top for a long time, ask Notre Dame.