I think...

I think BC is a dumb A$$

I am sorry, but I agree with the call from Callahan.

Here are my thoughts on why we go for it on 4th down.

1) we go for the field goal and it's blocked; better field position or possible return. JUST AS LIKELY TO FUMBLE - missed snap handoff or at the end of the run.

2) Punt-It could get blocked JUST AS LIKELY To FUMBLE See above

3) try to pooch punt and miss-kick and give good field position or a possible return. THIS I'll give you.

This is just my thoughts and I know a majority of you are going to agree with me.

Could not disagree with you more - see above.

I think BC is a dumb A$$

1) we go for the field goal and it's blocked; better field position or possible return. JUST AS LIKELY TO FUMBLE - missed snap handoff or at the end of the run.

3) try to pooch punt and miss-kick and give good field position or a possible return. THIS I'll give you.

This is just my thoughts and I know a majority of you are going to agree with me.

Again, we will not all agree if it was a good or a bad call. All that I can say is that we are now 2-0 and that is what matters.

If Callahan punted everbody would be screaming HOW COME HE DIDN't GO FOR IT. Callahan is damn if you do damn if you don't.

Bottom line...Callahan showed confidence in his offense to get two yards.

He just needs some imagination to call a successful play and not one that was not working most of the day. Darn if I know the ball is going to Lucky, as did the announcers, think WF knew it was coming?

BC needs to find a mis-direction play in the WCO. One of my favorite plays in the option was the wingback reverse to keep the defense honest from penetrating straight ahead.

I think BC is a dumb A$$

I was pretty excited to see him go for it there. If we get it, we win the game right there and everybody is singing his praises. Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you.

Go for it. Call a better play. Misdirection or something different than what we were doing all day long. Play action pass. Did we run the same play every time on third and short? Does Keller have the green light to change a play at the line of scrimmage? They had their whole team lineup up there everytime on third and short and we did nothing, i repeat nothing, to counter this. Wake Forest was ripe for 2 or 3 huge plays in those situations throughout the day. We were really vanilla today. I don't like to rip BC (I think he is doing very well) but the play calling after we scored our last touchdown today was not on par with his better games.

Guys, why are we starting to sound like fair weather fans? It's Nebraska, and we picked up a tough road win. Forget it, it's a W, and let's move on to next week. Don't fall off the bandwagon, it's week 3 now, we're 2-0 and heading into the biggest game of the year, on our turf, against the #1 team in the nation.

What, now that the game is over you want to look back at it, instead of ahead to USC? Come on! Have faith that the Huskers will step it up and hand those Trojans one heck of a game...and even a loss, perhaps.

I think BC is a dumb A$$

1) we go for the field goal and it's blocked; better field position or possible return.

2) Punt-It could get blocked

3) try to pooch punt and miss-kick and give good field position or a possible return.

This thread title is broad, thats my general impression of his gameplan. Had nothing to do with the 4 and 2 dive for the 10th time of the game

An ugly win, but a win nonetheless. We at least won this type of game...in the recent past we always found a way to lose these types of games.

Going on 4th call by Cally was not bad, but the play call of diving into the line was...that play was going NOWHERE all day. So I don't necessarily disagree with going for it but I did disagree with the play call. At the time I was screaming not to go for it and that would have been what I would have done (pooched it to pin Wake back). But if we were going to go, you absolutely must have a better play to execute.

Keller looks very rusty but I give him credit for running the 2 minute drill before half to get that TD. That was crucial.

The defense was in their bend and try not to break mode once again. We looked slow and our tackling is not good. Wake gashed us all day with misdirection and we had no answer for that. Bowman was clutch...we need him on the field. I like Octavien on the field also.

Lucky looked hesitant and was not driving hard today. I'm concerned USC is going to toss him around like a rag doll. He looked tired today. Would have liked to have seen rotation with some fresher backs getting a few more carries.

Dropped passes..WTF?! We have got to stop this. Kudos to Swift...that boy can hang onto the ball!

ESPN...I admit I think some fans have been drinking the kool-aid a bit much in stating that at every chance ESPN is bias against us. I have never really put much stock into that sentiment..but today I gladly toast with you! They were awful! The bias against us was evident...on all close calls they had it in for us and their pulling for Wake on the last drive was sickening. I understand they would like a close game/OT game/underdog story but that was ridiculous!

I'm really glad we pulled out the win but I think we are in big trouble with USC next week and am somewhat expecting a drubbing.

BC needs to find a mis-direction play in the WCO.

I agree completely...I was thinking the same thing on that last 4th and 2. The whole WF defense was flowing towards the direction the line was blocking....Nobody was staying home on the back side, nobody! I mean I know its easier for me to say this stuff after the fact, but you would think a little misdirection would be good more than once a game.

Don't get me wrong though, I like what Callahan is doing with the offense...he just confuses the hell out of me sometimes. :blink: