How long can Coz keep looking bad?

Look, I don’t care what you might say. Many have tried to defend this guy, but he sucks. Wake gains 100x as many yards rushing on us as they did on Boston – Freaking – College? You gotta be kidding me. And most of it on the same freaking play (or variation thereof).

New year, same old story; there stands Coz on the sideline looking totally confused while the other team just keeps ripping off yardage on the same simple plays, over and over. And do we see any adjustment from Coz? NoooOOOOOoooooo! Coz sucks. Plain and simple. He will end up costing us games this year (as he did last year). You can bet that USC will take advantage of Coz’s lack of understanding for how to plan and prepare a defensive scheme. It is not Wake Forest coming to town next Saturday, it is the #1 team in the nation. I hope we win, but it doesn’t seem likely…at least not with Coz running the defense.

Callahan needs to fire this guy NOW and get someone in there that can get players ready, call plays, and design a scheme that will keep us in a game against a top ten team; something Coz has yet to show the ability to do.

I'm not going to rip Cosgrove, I think there were alot of factors contributing to the Blackshirts not looking too great vs. the run, but he is definitely not off the hook. Defensive (as well as offensive) play-calling will have to be impeccable to have a shot on Sat. It is possible, but it does need to be there.

That said, WOW, does Bo Pelini's defense at LSU look good...they are a scary-looking team. I didn't think Va. Tech had a shot to win, but they had no hope whatsoever. No chance ever.

Where was the sweeps and misdirection plays in the 2nd half? They ran it but it didn't work. Because Coz made an adjustment to the Defense.

Did the Offense help the D out this week?

Last week Wake put up big numbers in the Air. They did not run the ball as much as they usualy do.

The total yards for the game this week was even.

Each Team turned the Ball over 2 times with INTs plus Nebraska had the fumbled snap for a turnover. But look at the Field position they got off those Turnovers. I believe Wake scored off of both Turn Overs starting with great field position. The turnovers resulted in 10 or 14 points. I don't remember exactly but I am pretty sure Wake score both times and I know they had great field position both times. They might have had all 3 scores off of turnover. I just don't remember exactly.

Nebraska scored 3 points after starting with good field position on only 1 turnover.

Look, I don’t care what you might say. Many have tried to defend this guy, but he sucks. Wake gains 100x as many yards rushing on us as they did on Boston – Freaking – College? You gotta be kidding me. And most of it on the same freaking play (or variation thereof).

New year, same old story; there stands Coz on the sideline looking totally confused while the other team just keeps ripping off yardage on the same simple plays, over and over. And do we see any adjustment from Coz? NoooOOOOOoooooo! Coz sucks. Plain and simple. He will end up costing us games this year (as he did last year). You can bet that USC will take advantage of Coz’s lack of understanding for how to plan and prepare a defensive scheme. It is not Wake Forest coming to town next Saturday, it is the #1 team in the nation. I hope we win, but it doesn’t seem likely…at least not with Coz running the defense.

Callahan needs to fire this guy NOW and get someone in there that can get players ready, call plays, and design a scheme that will keep us in a game against a top ten team; something Coz has yet to show the ability to do.

See CoachKevin's post below....he makes sense with stats and proof.

I ask you California Husker who do we get in here?

We only let up 17 freakin points...not 30 or 40 and were still complaining.

3,4,5 years ago we lose to this team by 30 ....we win and people still complain

Hey, California Husker, did you actually watch the game? Coz did adjust at halftime. In the second half, each time WF ran that WR reverse, we had guys in position to make the play for little or no gain, the players just didn't make the play. That's all you can ask of a coach. Bo Rudd didn't play well at all and on the TD, Brian Wilson took a terrible angle at the ball carrier. Other than the drive leading off the second half, WF did very little offensively, my hat goes off to the defense.

Hey, California Husker, did you actually watch the game? Coz did adjust at halftime. In the second half, each time WF ran that WR reverse, we had guys in position to make the play for little or no gain, the players just didn't make the play. That's all you can ask of a coach. Bo Rudd didn't play well at all and on the TD, Brian Wilson took a terrible angle at the ball carrier. Other than the drive leading off the second half, WF did very little offensively, my hat goes off to the defense.

Well, well put my friend. They only let up 17 total points...not 37.!!!!

Great post!!!! Obviously when they came out and scored on the first drive of the 2nd half that was horrible, but at least we made adjustments.

I'm not a big fan of Cosgrove, but I dont think when things go bad it's simply his fault or error. I think our LBs are not quick or fast as you see with teams like LSU, Oklahoma, USC, etc. They miss tackles at times too. And our D-line did a good job, just not enough depth there for keeping them fresh. The secondary has improved some, but overall this defensive unit will come together as the season progresses.

With that said, the Defense played good enough to keep Wake Forest to only 17 points and made big stops (goal line, and the INT turnover) when it was needed. I thought they did good. As for Coz, I didnt see a problem yesterday.

The offense didnt play well at all with three turnovers on our side of the field, and our defense still only gave up 17 points. Our offense didnt play the best in the red zone and it seemed our o line didnt play up to par. Maybe I just didnt give Wake enough credit. Our receivers continue to drop balls, especially on third downs which could potentially turn into more points and at least give our defense more time to rest. I thought Ruud played like a fourth grade girl, the same with Mceon. I would have liked to see a little more of the 3-3-5 to get more speed on the field, seeing as how they rarely ran right at us anyway and I think that would have neutralized speed with speed. I am also a little confused on why Thenarse isnt playing more. When Green got hurt it was either Wilson or even Eisenhart coming in. In spring and fall camp I heard nothing but great things about Thenarse and now it seems he is limited to special teams again.the secondary played pretty well I thought aside from two plays.