#14 in the USA Today Poll

Voicing concerns is saying you feel that we are overrated in that poll based on such and such. Simply saying overrated is flaming. There is a difference.

No need for a long explanation. Did anyone happen to catch the game yesterday?

Yeah, we beat the 2006 ACC champion in their backyard. Did I miss something?

Insert the word "barely" between we and beat.

Like I just said, We BEAT the defending 2006 ACC champion in their backyard. 1 point or 100, it's a win. A&M has moved up 8 spots in the rankings since the first poll and they have been outyarded by a I-AA team at home and had to go to 3 OT's to beat a team that is probably on the same level as Nevada. Wisconsin almost lost to a MWC cellar dweller. Auburn almost lost to K-State and lost to USF. Georgia whacked Okie St, then layed an egg against South Carolina. The 2 BCS buster schools both nearly bust on saturday, Hawaii had to take a LaTech team that was 3-10 a year ago to overtime and TCU got steamrolled by Texas. Say what you want about Wake not being as good as they were last year, BC is probably going to win that division and Wake will probably finish 2nd or 3rd, close behind. This game was a great prep for USC, because Wake's speed exposed some problems that are going to be worked on before next week's game. Playing that tough game and winning is going to make Nebraska a tougher team. 2,3,4,5 years ago, heck even last year, Nebraska isn't tough enough to win that game.

I can't say I have ever seen this many people bitch about a quality win.

Overrated.

I disagree; we are where we should be.

That is a good rating for the games we have played.

:yeah

The # 14 seems high to me until you look at the teams around us. Cal struggled with CSU, Wisc had trouble with UNLV, UCLA had trouble with BYU, Ohio State wasn't exactly impressive with that high school team they played.

Texas is over-rated!

Who the fu** cares if we barely won or we win by a large margin. We fu**ing won the game; that is what matters.

Can you now please shut the hell up about it????????

What for? You can't deny that we played like crap, otherwise you wouldn't be getting so upset. A win is a win, and we did get it, but the whole point is trying to gauge where our program is. We should be pushing teams like this around. We won't have the gift of playing against a backup QB this weekend.

All teams play like crap one time or another for numerous different reasons...even a solid USC team last year lost to UCLA last year

Let me get this straight. Texas A&M needed 3 overtimes to finally beat Fresno St. That said, in the coaches poll last week they were ranked 23rd. How in the heck did they jump to 18(5 spots) after a game like that? Not to mention in the other poll they were 23rd last week as well. Different ranking outcome in this one though as they move back 2 spots??? I don't understand how one ranking can move them up 5 for a triple OT win against a team they should have handled and the other drops them a couple spots. :wtf

I'm guessing because this is the one the coaches vote on, and they don't even see these games. They see the records, and that a W is a W

Actually Texas A&M Dropped to spots to #25. Don't know where you saw #18????

Voicing concerns is saying you feel that we are overrated in that poll based on such and such. Simply saying overrated is flaming. There is a difference.

:yeah

PLUS

It was the weaker 2007 version who hasn't won a game yet and barely had positive rushing yardage against BC.

I'm just sayin'

It's not too difficult of a stretch to believe we're somewhere in the top 18 or so..But Georga Tech should be in the top 5.

And I'm not sure we could take Oregon or even Clemson, yet

I hate it when people pull indirect crap. so and so team got beat by so and so team. so what..... several years ago my dads team beat (basketball)Kearney state...... who beat creighton that year..... who beat nebraska. so does that mean a my dads NAIA team was better than NU? no!!

Like I just said, We BEAT the defending 2006 ACC champion in their backyard. 1 point or 100, it's a win. A&M has moved up 8 spots in the rankings since the first poll and they have been outyarded by a I-AA team at home and had to go to 3 OT's to beat a team that is probably on the same level as Nevada. Wisconsin almost lost to a MWC cellar dweller. Auburn almost lost to K-State and lost to USF. Georgia whacked Okie St, then layed an egg against South Carolina. The 2 BCS buster schools both nearly bust on saturday, Hawaii had to take a LaTech team that was 3-10 a year ago to overtime and TCU got steamrolled by Texas. Say what you want about Wake not being as good as they were last year, BC is probably going to win that division and Wake will probably finish 2nd or 3rd, close behind. This game was a great prep for USC, because Wake's speed exposed some problems that are going to be worked on before next week's game. Playing that tough game and winning is going to make Nebraska a tougher team. 2,3,4,5 years ago, heck even last year, Nebraska isn't tough enough to win that game.

I can't say I have ever seen this many people bitch about a quality win.

Well put, I think the skers needed a gritty win like this, It speaks well of a team who can pull off a victory when things are going poorly. You are also correct that 2006 Huskers would've been beat

KState in 06 beat the 05 National Champion (Texas). What does it mean? Does it mean KState should have been ranked in the top 25 for beating the previous year's NC? No. We did win the game. However, I think anyone would be naive to think there weren't some problems in that game. For instance, Wake's backup QB was in there. The previous week they rushed for -2 yards. Against us, they rushed for over 200 yards. Our OL had some leaks. Our defense at times looked lost out there on the field. I don't really know how to rank Keller's performance. He had a TD and 2 INT's, but the one INT was a result of the leaking OL. He threw for 6.2 yards per throwing attempt. This wasn't exactly the kind of performance on either side of the ball I was hoping for coming into this week against USC. IMO, there are still a lot of unanswered questions after the Wake game.

Let me get this straight. Texas A&M needed 3 overtimes to finally beat Fresno St. That said, in the coaches poll last week they were ranked 23rd. How in the heck did they jump to 18(5 spots) after a game like that? Not to mention in the other poll they were 23rd last week as well. Different ranking outcome in this one though as they move back 2 spots??? I don't understand how one ranking can move them up 5 for a triple OT win against a team they should have handled and the other drops them a couple spots. :wtf

I'm guessing because this is the one the coaches vote on, and they don't even see these games. They see the records, and that a W is a W

Actually Texas A&M Dropped to spots to #25. Don't know where you saw #18????

Read my original post again. Maybe I didn't make it stand out enough that I was comparing both polls. Yes they did move back 2 spots to be ranked 25th in one, but they also moved up 5 spots to 18(in coaches poll) in the other. See what I mean? I understand that the coaches can't watch all the games, but look at the box score at least! 3 OT win when you're at home should tell you they don't deserve to move up 5 spots...