Did anyone else notice this?

Bugeater

I gotta get me some of the Kool Aid that gets served around this place. Oliver Stone would be proud of you guys.

I see you're upright, I bleed red...Stoops, Carroll, and Company can't be that worn out, can they? Well, they must be if you have to come bow-legging around here time and again...glad to see you can get your .02 cents in and get the reach-around going at the same time...you're so multi-tasked!!!

The padding came off. It was clearly visible in the broadcast.

If it was THAT clear why are so many saying they saw something else?

Because you're looking for a conspiracy.

Nah, if that was the case I could nitpick any game to death. I'm not saying the padding didn't come loose, I'd just have to see it again to believe it. It wasn't that clear.

i saw it too. but i think what happens is, the stick isn't being held straight up and down, then, when the TV camera gets it's close up you can't see the refs straighting out the stick so is seems a lot closer or even over then it originally appears. the padding was loose too, but that didn't really confuse. at first i was like, what the hell!! but then i figured it was the TV angle or something.

I have the game taped and would be glad to look for it. Does anyone remember about what time or quarter of the game this happened?

I don't remember when it was but my whole family saw it too. I do know the refs were having trouble with the padding, I remember on one of the measurements for Nebraska the padding was slipping, but I also seem to recall the actual stick being placed beyond the tip of the ball, and then they picked it up and placed it back down behind the tip of the ball. Also, not saying I disagree with the overturn on the interception, but they sure took their sweet ass time looking at every possible angle to try to find one that would allow them to justify taking away a pick. If that had not been an ACC replay official I think he would have made the decision earlier and said there was not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.

I DVR'd it, and during the game I was totally convinced they screwed us. After I watched it again, it was the padding that came loose, but it did still look like an inch or two of the chain had some slack in it. Still not enough to make a difference, but that was a little shady.

Not a conspiracy, but fix the yardage markers, please.