Corey McKeon

np_husker

enlighten me, i'd like to know

See your guidance counselor about Financial aid Grant's/Loans', Sell plasma or body parts, even a 20hr/week job has been tried sucessfully.

vs.

If you really LOVE the sport and have the ability...

Spend 60 hr. weeks at a physically demanding, emotionally draining Sport and learn to deal with tons of strangers knowing everything about you or where you were spotted drinking or what you really meant when a sportswriter tried to get you to say something that can an will be taken the best way to stir up controversy and make your Mom worry more..

Then there's the Stalkers..

The benefits are great..but it's up to the individual to decide if the bad things are worth it.

"I am just not getting the feeling that I used to get on the field with these guys, and it is accountability on everyone on the defense," he said. "I think once this defense takes a shot in the mouth, we kind of back off a little bit, and we try to feel our way out of it instead of coming back at it."

another quote from mc keon. interesting, i guess when they get hit in the mouth, they want to go hide?

as we have said, there is something drastically wrong with the psychology of this defense. call in the team shrinks!

I cannot believe McKeon is saying what he is saying. He needs to understand that he is at the University of Nebraska playing football. He is putting on a Blackshirt every day for practice and he does not even deserve to have that jersey hanging in his locker.

I don't care if people think some are being "mean" because he is just a kid playing college football. As I stated, he is playing for the Huskers!!!!!!!!!! Suck it up and playing football....Blackshirts football!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm way too tired to read all these posts but here's my take.

The guy just isn't having fun anymore. The entire defense looks like they arent' having fun anymore. Please don't hit me with the scholly thing and getting paid and a job to do. If you've ever had a really lousy job you'll understand the point I'm going to make. When football is fun the kids, young men, pro's or whatever have fire and passion for the game. These guys got none of that right now. You get the fun by doing your job well, having success and feeling good about things. You loose that when you don't feel like you can contribute or are put in a position where you can't contribute or do your job.

The problem IMO (all be it a weak and uneducated opinion) is this. No fun, no play well. So we ask why aren't they having fun. Sorta coverd that. Now whats the cause. My personal opinion is this it's one of two things. Q mentioned they can't blitz because guys are missing assignments and you get burned bad when that happens. To me this says Defensive line isn't cutting it. The other thing is what I call zone defense. It's mentality that gets drilled into kids when they are coached too aggressivley about things like "this is your area and your assignment". If the ball comes your way you get it or if it goes to the other guy it's his job to get it. It just seams like the guys are so worried about their "area" they can't fly to the ball sometimes. If Coz can't find a way to make the d fun we are going to get worse and not improve.

I cannot believe McKeon is saying what he is saying. He needs to understand that he is at the University of Nebraska playing football. He is putting on a Blackshirt every day for practice and he does not even deserve to have that jersey hanging in his locker.

I don't care if people think some are being "mean" because he is just a kid playing college football. As I stated, he is playing for the Huskers!!!!!!!!!! Suck it up and playing football....Blackshirts football!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christian peter said it best..........There are certain expectations that come with putting on a blackshirt. If he can't handle these expectations, he should have never put one on.

Over the past few weeks I have read alot of posts but have not really contributed anything to the board.

First of all McKeon needs to stay away from the blogs, message boards or whatever is driving his motivation through the basement, he is acting like a Sally. Dude, throw the computer out of the window and find your jockstrap and try to remember why you came to Nebraska to play football. I believe that Steve O was just pissed when he said what he said, its almost like when you bit@h at your wife about something then 10 minutes later, you're like, "what was I thinking, now I feel like a total ass."

As far as, "fire(fill in the blank).coms" with Coz and BC, some of you guys just think the sky is falling everytime we have a down game, we're not going to blow teams out 73-0 every game. Those days were great, but TO is gone. The talent pool in CFB is more spread out now, there hasn't been a stone cold dominant team for a few years now, hince not too many cupcakes. Man we live in a fastfood world, instant gratification. If we don't get what we want, we fly off the handle.

If you are truly a Husker fan, you can ride the ups and downs with this team and give them you full support no matter what. I understand that we want excelllence, but give BC and his crew some fresh air so they can get the job done without all the pressure. I can't put a number on the amount of time he, or they have to get us back in a national championship game, but we gotta give it time, be patient my fellow Huskers!

Husker fan til the day I die.........

:bonez:bonez:bonez

why are you disgusted in McKeon?

He was just being honest and telling it like it is and for that I am proud of him. I got his back. You should too.

If playing football for the University of Nebraska is such a burden, he should quit the team!

Can you imagine anyone from Osborne's teams or even Solich's teams talking like that? I sure can't.

pu$$y coaches + average talent = '07 Blackshirts

Couldn't of been said any better.

The defense needs someone to light a fire under their asses. If Cos won't do it, the team needs someone else to do it.

Wow. It sure is easy sitting back behind a computer and anonymously typing these bold declarations as if you have a position from which to make such claims --- because I am sure you, at age 19-21 were a standout student athlete with heart and with great skill and who excelled in front of 100,000 fans and took the heat and bore up under it. Thus, you can legitimatly look down on those who, unlike you, are struggling. Or, perhaps you are just some guy who never played, never were under the microscope and have no platform from which to pontificate but somehow think it OK to demean others who have laid it on the line while you are just hiding there behind an internet moniker as chubby old man athlete wannabe who was always picked last on the team. Only you know who you are.

If the garbage man dumped your garbage all over the street, you'd be pissed, wouldn't you? You wouldn't be *wrong* in saying that he's a crappy garbage man just because you aren't or haven't been a garbage man. It's not unreasonable to expect people to do their jobs even though the critic doesn't do that job.

So, playing college football is a job..... really.

Garbage men work for you and owe you performance because they are servants (as are any public servants like teachers, police, fire fighters, etc.). Thus, you are justified in issuing complaint if they have not performed up to their JOB DESCRIPTION.

Now college athletes are not working --- football is not a job --- they are not servants and are not serving you --- and so you and I have no right to expect anything. Now, they are using tax dollars to get a free education and we pay those taces and if these kids do not graduate and contribute then we have something to say (but then only if we have graduated and are contributing).

But, no.... these kids are playing a game they are not at work and owe nobody anything.

Football is entertainment.

enlighten me, i'd like to know

See your guidance counselor about Financial aid Grant's/Loans', Sell plasma or body parts, even a 20hr/week job has been tried sucessfully.

vs.

If you really LOVE the sport and have the ability...

Spend 60 hr. weeks at a physically demanding, emotionally draining Sport and learn to deal with tons of strangers knowing everything about you or where you were spotted drinking or what you really meant when a sportswriter tried to get you to say something that can an will be taken the best way to stir up controversy and make your Mom worry more..

Then there's the Stalkers..

The benefits are great..but it's up to the individual to decide if the bad things are worth it.

WRONG!!!! Playing college football is a very easy way to pay for it. I played and got a ton of perks, and it's lifting meetings and practice is pretty easy during the season. Also, the free stuff rocks.

I paid for school with grants and loans for my masters and it was school and then a $hit job I hated.....repeat for 2 years.

Football is demanding and tiring but if you like doing it then it's not that "tough to get free school"

Have you played college ball since you seem to explain to us how hard it is? I agree, a lot of kids don't have to work while in school but those that do will tell you football is not harder then a full time job.