ISU game...tough to determine much

This is a tough game to make any conclusions from. We gave up a lot of yards and gave them the ball for waaaaay too long (over 100 PLAYS!!)), BUT we came up with big stops and got 4 turnovers.

Our offense scored only 28 pts and we got the ball at the 3 for one of those scores. It's was a game that we won handily in the second half and we played very average for us so that is a good sign. We are still having trouble with drops.

I really hope we can get everything clicking at once next week.

I don't think we should criticize them nor praise them much....other than the big interceptions.

This is a tough game to make any conclusions from. We gave up a lot of yards and gave them the ball for waaaaay too long (over 100 PLAYS!!)), BUT we came up with big stops and got 4 turnovers.

Our offense scored only 28 pts and we got the ball at the 3 for one of those scores. It's was a game that we won handily in the second half and we played very average for us so that is a good sign. We are still having trouble with drops.

I don't think we should criticize them nor praise them much....other than the big interceptions.

also have to see game film/highlights

Lots of good individual efforts and good play at times. At other times, ?????? I thought OU was the team to beat for the B12, silly me. They probably are but nothing looks like a given. Right now it looks like the rest of our games could easily go either way. We have positives but it seems like we're never running on all cylinders. Makes me wonder if the coaches are unable to pull it all together. On the other hand, this is such a weird year for football. Is it global warming or what????

If the defense plays like this the rest of the way we will be in decent shape.

On the offensive side, dropped passes are a concern. Way, way too many of em. I dont know how to read the fumbles, Glenn and Lucky are usually better than that.

fumbles happen ..cant help it sometimes but im sure they will get that cleaned up in practice

The Blackshirts seemed like they played with passion today

we need to stop the TO's though

i agree that they seemed to play with more intensity, but iowa state teachers college (the high school after high school) is not as good as ball state (or at least two other mac teams that they have lost to). this defense continues to have real problems and will continue to get torched throughout the season. progress?may ass!

Well, the defense wasn't perfect today, but they held up when it mattered most: on the goal line when we were only up 21-10. I'd much rather have a "bend-but-don't-break" defense than a "Holy crap, that dude just blew right by me!" defense. Stopping some of those dratted 3rd and longs and 4th downs would have been better, but they didn't let Iowa State get in the end zone much. That's all I care about.

The offense seemed a little troubled at times, but they still produced 400 yards of total offense. Keller was 18/28 for 218 yards. And they got their turnover issues figured out after the first quarter. So they still performed pretty well, by my standard. I would have liked to see some more aggressive play calling towards the end, but meh.

The Blackshirts seemed like they played with passion today

we need to stop the TO's though

i agree that they seemed to play with more intensity, but iowa state teachers college (the high school after high school) is not as good as ball state (or at least two other mac teams that they have lost to). this defense continues to have real problems and will continue to get torched throughout the season. progress?may ass!

I agree, but it is very bad to give up 100PLAYS and give up the ball for 40 minutes. Those are bad and we gave up the most yards to ISU all season....that's right they gained more yards on the road against us than they did against Kent St, Norther Iowa, Iowa and Toledo. Like I said they shouldn't be criticized for their play but they were not great by any standard.

It was good to win with a bit of a sloppy game.

I think your statements are right on the money. I have major concerns going into next week. I would have liked to have seen more three and outs from the D and the offense to move the ball when it counted.