Octo Demoted

Travis9

A good coach should be able to recognize the talents of a player and create a defensive scheme that best utilizes those talents.

Does anyone doubt that Bob Stoops didn't mold his defenses around Roy Williams? Or that USC doesn't try to create opportunities for Keith Rivers and Ray Malauga?

Cosgrove is an idiot. His record speaks for itself. While I don't condone insubordination, it must be damn frustrating playing for a complete moron. Octo wants to play, but Cosgrove's ineffective schemes have virtually turned Octo and the entire defense into a bunch of passive blocking dummies.

Oh, and Bowman (you know, the one defender who has shown true leadership this year) was benched behind Grixby. Grix has been playing well, but what a slap in the face of Bowman.

I can't tell you how much I loathe Coach Cosgrove.

Oh, and Bowman (you know, the one defender who has shown true leadership this year) was benched behind Grixby. Grix has been playing well, but what a slap in the face of Bowman.

I was curious why no one had brought this up yet.

Starting CBs - Murillo & Grix with Bowman second on the chart behind Grix.

sounds about right. look, Coz is so f'd up he doesn't know what to do, so he will TRY ANYTHING. look for more foolishness and decomitts due to this a-hole. this is not surprising, he is fighting to keep his job.

I've always been told that when you're in a hole and are trying to get out, the first thing you have got to do is put down the SHOVEL!

Memo to Octavian: Next time don't yell at Coz. Take him out behind the woodshed!

Memo to BC: Get rid of Coz now or go down with him!

I wonder if Coz willingly made these changes or if Callahan forced these changes

Wondering that myself.

Personally, I like this. If your starters aren't performing, sit 'em. Get those young guys in there and let them knock opponents around, give them a shot to show what they can really do.

Ruud has been the only senior LB making plays consistently. I am very happy to see Brandenburg and Dillard getting promoted. He's the future of the LB corps.

As far as Bowman being listed at 2, maybe he's just more banged up than we know right now. Certainly not a stretch given his history.

link is the updated depth chart. I saw it on the free board at huskersillustrated.

Brandenburgh then Octo

Dillard then McKeon

Ruud and Lawrence and Wortman co #1's

Recently, I believe that someone on this board brought up the old analogy of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic...

Yeah that was me.......... :)

It makes no sense to bench Octo! I believe our three best LB's are Dillard, Brandenberg, and Octo. Cosgrove is a freakin idiot. :angry:

I wonder if Coz willingly made these changes or if Callahan forced these changes

Wondering that myself.

Personally, I like this. If your starters aren't performing, sit 'em. Get those young guys in there and let them knock opponents around, give them a shot to show what they can really do.

Ruud has been the only senior LB making plays consistently. I am very happy to see Brandenburg and Dillard getting promoted. He's the future of the LB corps.

As far as Bowman being listed at 2, maybe he's just more banged up than we know right now. Certainly not a stretch given his history.

Another thought:

If one of the DTs isn't at 100% percent, and faced with Okie St.'s offense, maybe we could be seeing some 3-4 w/ Octo, Bb, Dillard, and Ruud?

I have to tell you something--I believe that are several players that have been pains-in-the-ass since Callahan and crew arrived, and we are finally seeing the last of that bunch. They were Solich recruits; furthermore, they have fed into the crap that they read on boards like these, and they DO intentionally underperform in games. They want Frank back, and they have never taken to Callahan. In their world, he is an unwelcome stranger.

Watch them closely in films; aren't these all Solich guys?

Ruud

McKeon

Octavian

Bowman

Eisenhart

Erickson

Green

Grixby

Johnson

Jones

Mueller

Nicks

Nunn

Philips

Wilson . . .

. . . and many others.

Watch them, and see if you agree. Both Ruud and McKeon technically are in their spots; however, they will stunt and overrun the draws and QB takes by a mile. It looks to me to be intentional. I think they are trying to "express their dissatisfaction."

Heads do need to roll. I think the rest of the team see these guys--these supposed captains and team leaders--as an impediment to improvement, and there is a clash of attitudes.

How exactly do you bench your team captains, by the way?

Your thoughts are welcome. This seems obvious to me.

Ya benching Octavien is mind boggling to me as well. He has been our best defensive player and most passionate player by far all year and he gets benched? So what if Ruud has two interceptions for TDs, I would rather have someone flying around the field every play laying people out, selling out his body for the team every play than to have two good plays out of 500. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT ERICKSON IS STILL AHEAD OF PAUL!!!!!!!!! PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE PLAY PAUL, MACLIN DID A HELL OF A JOB AND SHOCKING HE IS A FRESHMAN!!!!! Another interesting thing is that this is an updated depth chart and Castille is still ahead of Glenn and has been for the whole season yet for the last three games Glenn has gone in ahead of him since the second game. Castille is averaging probably around 4-4.5 ypc with one fumble on the season, makes sense not to play him I guess. I also just read the post above and that is ridiculous to me as well as wrong in many instances. Octavien, Bowman, Grixby, Jones, Nicks, and Nunn are all Callahan guys. Second of all Octavien, Bowman Grixby and Nicks all have a chance to play in the NFL and Octavien and Grixby have been two the only two bright spots aside from Potter on the defensive side of the ball maybe the team. No I dont think by any sense of the imagination that your post is even close to being accurate, no offense.

I have to tell you something--I believe that are several players that have been pains-in-the-ass since Callahan and crew arrived, and we are finally seeing the last of that bunch. They were Solich recruits; furthermore, they have fed into the crap that they read on boards like these, and they DO intentionally underperform in games. They want Frank back, and they have never taken to Callahan. In their world, he is an unwelcome stranger.

Watch them closely in films; aren't these all Solich guys?

Ruud

McKeon

Octavian

Bowman

Eisenhart

Erickson

Green

Grixby

Johnson

Jones

Mueller

Nicks

Nunn

Philips

Wilson . . .

. . . and many others.

Watch them, and see if you agree. Both Ruud and McKeon technically are in their spots; however, they will stunt and overrun the draws and QB takes by a mile. It looks to me to be intentional. I think they are trying to "express their dissatisfaction."

Heads do need to roll. I think the rest of the team see these guys--these supposed captains and team leaders--as an impediment to improvement, and there is a clash of attitudes.

How exactly do you bench your team captains, by the way?

Your thoughts are welcome. This seems obvious to me.

I need some of what you're smoking! Wtf would Solich have recruited Nunn? Bowman, JuCo brought in by BC. You need to lay the pipe down. Octavian? A Solich recruit? You have gone bonkers man! Eisenhart was a friggin walk on that BC gave a scholly. I think you're way off base with your assessment!

Ya benching Octavien is mind boggling to me as well. He has been our best defensive player and most passionate player by far all year and he gets benched? So what if Ruud has two interceptions for TDs, I would rather have someone flying around the field every play laying people out, selling out his body for the team every play than to have two good plays out of 500. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT ERICKSON IS STILL AHEAD OF PAUL!!!!!!!!! PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE PLAY PAUL, MACLIN DID A HELL OF A JOB AND SHOCKING HE IS A FRESHMAN!!!!! Another interesting thing is that this is an updated depth chart and Castille is still ahead of Glenn and has been for the whole season yet for the last three games Glenn has gone in ahead of him since the second game. Castille is averaging probably around 4-4.5 ypc with one fumble on the season, makes sense not to play him I guess. I also just read the post above and that is ridiculous to me as well as wrong in many instances. Octavien, Bowman, Grixby, Jones, Nicks, and Nunn are all Callahan guys. Second of all Octavien, Bowman Grixby and Nicks all have a chance to play in the NFL and Octavien and Grixby have been two the only two bright spots aside from Potter on the defensive side of the ball maybe the team. No I dont think by any sense of the imagination that your post is even close to being accurate, no offense.

No offense taken. Just trying to understand why this chasm exists in the program. And, make no mistake, it does exist.

I assumed that most of the seniors had initially been contacted and offered scholarships by the Solich bunch.

Some if not a lot of your mentioned players were JuCo transfers brought in by none other than Blazin Billy himself. Again, why would Solich recruit a wide receiver (Nunn)? Why didn't you include Purify? He's a senior. A lot on your list were never in contact with Solich. In fact, I'm not even sure 25% on your list had Solich baggage.