can you believe he said this

“You know what, I’m going to say just one thing: With what they do, the way they spread the field, there’s only so much you can do,” Cosgrove said. “If you try to get into a blitz game with them, they’ll tear you apart, because they spread you out. They go sideline to sideline and goal line to goal line, and you have to be smart in how you defend."

as opposed to what they actually did, which was much much better. if we blitz 2 things are possible. we can rattle daniel becasue we can hit him, maybe even knock him out of the game(i'm not saying TRY to take him out, but this is football, thats part of the game) and we can get him to make some mistakes. a pick and a fumble would have been HUGE in that game. do we still lose do to our uninspired play? of course. but atleast we dont look or feel so bad about our play.

If I were Pinkel, I don't think I'd be making fun of any other coach. Pinkel's play calling has had me scratch my head a time or two especially when he took a running QB like Smith and tried to make him a drop back passer.

It was Chase Daniel commenting. He wasn't 'making fun'....he was pointing out the obvious.

Daniel was less subtle in his reaction to Nebraska’s game plan.

"They’re very stubborn," Daniel said. "Cosgrove’s a very stubborn guy. It’s always been that way. … That’s just how he is, that’s how they are. They’re a bunch of confident guys in what they do, and they felt they had the best chance doing that, so they stuck with it."

"You can’t just play one defense the whole entire game," Daniel added. "That’s like high school stuff that I faced in high school, so it’s nothing new for me."

http://www.showmenews.com/2007/Oct/20071009Spor005.asp

I have a feeling this was posted somewhere before here, but, I wanted to say, thank you to Daniel

First....Daniel is not unbiased. He is more or less tooting his own horn. That said, I can’t believe what I am hearing in this article. Adjustments are a part of football. A major part of it. Perhaps you should have not practiced a single defensive scheme all week. What a clown. I mean even if you were to change schemes to something less effective...what’s the risk? What, we get beat by 60?

"I was a little bit surprised that they went just about the entire game getting pressure on us with a three-man rush," Missouri offensive coordinator Dave Christensen said. "Obviously, it didn’t work very well. I don’t foresee Oklahoma doing that or at least making a living doing that."

Daniel was less subtle in his reaction to Nebraska’s game plan.

"They’re very stubborn," Daniel said. "Cosgrove’s a very stubborn guy. It’s always been that way. … That’s just how he is, that’s how they are. They’re a bunch of confident guys in what they do, and they felt they had the best chance doing that, so they stuck with it."

"You can’t just play one defense the whole entire game," Daniel added. "That’s like high school stuff that I faced in high school, so it’s nothing new for me."

OUCH!

Stubbornness, pride, arrogance :bang