cool link

found this web site while I was messing around on the web. It's pretty cool it ranks all 120 coaches and how safe their job is. At least bc can get into the top 25 in something.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Wow. That's sad how "little" solich makes, relatively speaking.

Bob Stoops makes almost 3.5 mill? Whoa.

Did you look at Turner's salary? What I find odd is that Solich is on the edge of the hot seat? I mean Ohio didn't have a winning record or bowl game since before Columbus found America, and now they've had a taste of success and are putting him on the edge of the hot seat? I can't believe "Stache" isn't #2. He's down right horrible.

After seeing that and now knowing what coaches make, do you guys feel that the more money the coach is paid the better the results the fans should expect? It appears to me that if you make 2+ million, you should be expected to play for a NC at least 20% of the time right? For the coaches making 3+ million, I think they should be expected to play for a NC 33-50% of the time. For the coach making or will make 1.75 million, I think he should be expected to play for a NC when Hell freezes over! LOL, j/k on the last one!

After seeing this, do you think there will ever be a coach like TO come around college football again? TO when given a raise would simply just pass it on to his assistants rather than taking it and keeping it all for himself. He wasn't a high paid coach by any means. The coach that surprised me the most was the USF coach. They didn't even have football 12 years ago at that school, yet he makes over a million bucks?

Anyone think Arkansas feels like they got duped? Nutt has a worse record than BC and he's been there for what over a decade? I was looking for Carr on the list, but I didn't see him. Are they all just assuming he's already been fired?

Did you guys see this?

Hot Seat

The Nebraska AD will not tolerate mediocrity at Nebraska! He does now

In 2003, Steve Pederson the Nebraska AD said that he fired Frank Solich (who then had a 58-19 (.753) record in Lincoln) because, "I refuse to let the program gravitate into mediocrity." After watching Missouri destroy Nebraska on national television Saturday night I cannot help but wonder what Pederson would call the current state of affairs in Lincoln.

Also the Solichista's might like this:

Solich vs Callahan Comparison

Did you look at Turner's salary? What I find odd is that Solich is on the edge of the hot seat? I mean Ohio didn't have a winning record or bowl game since before Columbus found America, and now they've had a taste of success and are putting him on the edge of the hot seat? I can't believe "Stache" isn't #2. He's down right horrible.

That's what I couldn't get over....the range in salaries. Lowest I saw was $130K at La. Monroe, and then you have Saban at $3.5M. Think of the time and dedication ALL coaches have to put in and then how much they are making per month, day, hour....