New Facts about TO and Pelini

TO seems to have put the kabosh on looking to hire BP already. Unless TO is lying, he's waiting until the end of the season to perform coaching evaluations. But maybe I misunderstood what TO said.

TO also said on Monday that he hasn't spoken to Perlman about the AD job and then we find out today that he was in Cally's office on Friday.....ummm why would that be?? And then Perlman admits that he talked to Osborne on Sunday.

Don't believe everything you hear in press conferences. Also, Perlman said they had to start the search for an AD yesterday and they already had talks with TO.

Trust me, Cally is already gone....they are merely waiting until the right time. TO hinted towards getting rid of Cally. You gotta listen to it and in political speak he is not supporting Cally. Not once did he say he supports them.

IBR, you mentioned on Monday that BC will resign after Texas game is that to give him 2 weeks to see what he can do or is that the expected "blowout" which will give the AD the rationale for firing him? Thanks Warren or tell Warren thanks ;)

Scott

TO seems to have put the kabosh on looking to hire BP already. Unless TO is lying, he's waiting until the end of the season to perform coaching evaluations. But maybe I misunderstood what TO said.

TO also said on Monday that he hasn't spoken to Perlman about the AD job and then we find out today that he was in Cally's office on Friday.....ummm why would that be?? And then Perlman admits that he talked to Osborne on Sunday.

Don't believe everything you hear in press conferences. Also, Perlman said they had to start the search for an AD yesterday and they already had talks with TO.

Trust me, Cally is already gone....they are merely waiting until the right time. TO hinted towards getting rid of Cally. You gotta listen to it and in political speak he is not supporting Cally. Not once did he say he supports them.

IBR, you mentioned on Monday that BC will resign after Texas game is that to give him 2 weeks to see what he can do or is that the expected "blowout" which will give the AD the rationale for firing him? Thanks Warren or tell Warren thanks ;)

Scott

My source said that Cally knows the situation and is expected to "resign in 2 weeks". That is the only sure quote. I think he will step down after the TX game. Now, I could see him leaving after aTm if we get smoked like last week.

The buyout is already in the works and he has to resign for it to take place. Did you hear him taking accountability in his press conference??? It was there more than ever. And TO played the part by saying that HE "will wait to make any major changes".

There is not a definite date set to my knowledge but Cally HAS BEEN informed he is leaving. He is willing to resign and do a buyout b/c he want to coach before 2012 and the buyout allows him money from both where getting fired the money offsets with a new salary.

Scott

My source said that Cally knows the situation and is expected to "resign in 2 weeks". That is the only sure quote. I think he will step down after the TX game. Now, I could see him leaving after aTm if we get smoked like last week.

The buyout is already in the works and he has to resign for it to take place. Did you hear him taking accountability in his press conference??? It was there more than ever. And TO played the part by saying that HE "will wait to make any major changes".

There is not a definite date set to my knowledge but Cally HAS BEEN informed he is leaving. He is willing to resign and do a buyout b/c he want to coach before 2012 and the buyout allows him money from both where getting fired the money offsets with a new salary.

Why after the Texas game and not at the end of the season? That part makes absolutly no sense!

IBR...

do we have a legitimate shot at landing Bo?

I'd hate to have another "husker letdown"

Getting Pelini would be a let down to me.

who would you rather have than Pelini?

I also think Pelini is a poor choice, and it has nothing to do with football. He showed poor character a couple times while he was here, but I could overlook that. The main reason is that a large number of fans don't like him and Husker Nation needs to reconcile not remain divided.

As for another choice - I still like Jim Grobe as the first choice.

I would hate to see Grobe's spread offense with tons of reverses here. Just doesn't seem right, kinda like the WCO.

I think Bo Pelini is the right choice. Get our D back to where it once was, and go with a power running game, with a little bit of the option to keep some of us old timers happy...

We might as well keep Cally's sad excuse for the WCO if we hire Grobe...

I just want to say that once upon a time "I Bleed Red" and I were the topic of a woodshed thread started by someone who, in his own words, "hates those guys."

Others posted on that thread calling us names and telling how we were bad fans, blah, blah, blah...

I just want to say that based on your ability to get the scoop, I am proud to have been "hated" in the same thread as you. :corndance

Remember when everyone hated IBR?

Haha. So true.

How many of you took him off your ignore list in the past 48 hours? :lol:

i haven't. i'm just going by what you guys are saying.

I haven't either, and probably never will. It's not what he says, but the attitude and other crap that comes with it. If he wants to believe he was ignored for his views on Callahan by me, more power to him.

Remember when everyone hated IBR?

Yes. I was stupid b/c I said Cally would drive us into the ground and it was already showing. I was wrong b/c I though it was a slower process.....he even impressed me on how fast he did it.

Wait a minute, I thought the reason I hated you was because you were blaming the players more than the coaches..

Hate's such a strong word.

Usually, I actually felt compelled to defend you because initially, I thought you were an old HS teammate of mine living out here in AZ who just emailed me yesterday, still bithcing about "Clownahan" and denying being a member here.

That and I hate seeing people getting piled on.

Now I know you're really Steve Pederson.

Quick question, Steve..er Brady

Why leak the information here?

(Or if you're really a former Wildcat QB, why is your "source" speed dialing you to pass it on?)

Not saying I don't appreciate it, Just naive in the ways of the world...

Any chances of you being considered for a QB-Coach?

IBR...

do we have a legitimate shot at landing Bo?

I'd hate to have another "husker letdown"

Getting Pelini would be a let down to me.

who would you rather have than Pelini?

I think that if TO puts together a search committee and they settle on Pelini, I'd trust them. I already feel good about pelini, admittedly, but if they don't pick him, I'm sure they'll have a good reason. I'd just hate to miss an up-and-comer just to get someone who is "established" as a HC. I mean, if there is a HC who is so great who is willing to leave his job, umm... why wouldn't that school work harder to keep him.