I BLEED RED

I don't know if I should start a new thread or not, but here goes anyway...

I Bleed Red - do you have any news to report? Anything on the horizon?

it is a fact of life, Anyone who is looking for rumors is going to find one. Truth? no. Rumors? yes.

I don't know if I should start a new thread or not, but here goes anyway...

I Bleed Red - do you have any news to report? Anything on the horizon?

it is a fact of life, Anyone who is looking for rumors is going to find one. Truth? no. Rumors? yes.

IBR has been absent for a while. I wonder if whatever circle he is in got told to not give out anymore info.

Could no news be good news?

yes but it was a close game and they could hold on for a few more weeks

That would be a ridiculous reason for dragging this out any further, a loss is another loss no matter how you look at it. This is Nebraska football, do we play for moral victories? Do we accept an "at least we kept it close" attitude? Some may accept this, but I expect more and it's obvious that BC and especially Coz can't give it to us!

I believe he posted in one of the threads last night indicating things are still in the works -- something to the effect that Callahan has dug his heals in and not taking the buyout at this time.

EDIT: Found it:

I Bleed RED

post Yesterday, 10:25 PM

Similar to what I heard this week and I posted on another thread. I was told that the group of people who want Callahan gone are getting over ruled by TO. He said to them he does not want to fire him mid-season if he can avoid it. Source also said that Cally has dug his heels in the sand about the buyout and other coaches are taking a more active role in the team and recruiting. The buyout is STILL being negotiated. Also, the 2 weeks statement I said if we are embarrassed and I am impressed that we played well. TO is firm on 2 things:

We are underdogs here on out so there isn't much to gain now at firing Cally.

AND

Cally is fired immediately after the season (already decided) and he wants Bo Pelini as his first choice with Watson to stay on board. I am not sure if anything else will happen the rest of the year but it appears that TO has said let's evaluate the players and assistants outside of the line coaches and Cosgrove.

Not much info, but TO has calmed the boosters who initially wanted PUD and Cally gone 2 weeks ago.