I BLEED RED

Dude, take it easy. I am sure when something goes down he will respond. He already mentioned once that he wouldn't post again if the jack asses on this board flamed him again, so try not to discourage him further.

If there is news, he will post it. I have faith in IBR.

I have no doubt he has accurate information as to what his booster buddies are telling him. However, that information, in the end, often won't pan out. Why? Because boosters don't make the decisions.

I believe he posted in one of the threads last night indicating things are still in the works -- something to the effect that Callahan has dug his heals in and not taking the buyout at this time.

EDIT: Found it:

I Bleed RED

post Yesterday, 10:25 PM

Similar to what I heard this week and I posted on another thread. I was told that the group of people who want Callahan gone are getting over ruled by TO. He said to them he does not want to fire him mid-season if he can avoid it. Source also said that Cally has dug his heels in the sand about the buyout and other coaches are taking a more active role in the team and recruiting. The buyout is STILL being negotiated. Also, the 2 weeks statement I said if we are embarrassed and I am impressed that we played well. TO is firm on 2 things:

We are underdogs here on out so there isn't much to gain now at firing Cally.

AND

Cally is fired immediately after the season (already decided) and he wants Bo Pelini as his first choice with Watson to stay on board. I am not sure if anything else will happen the rest of the year but it appears that TO has said let's evaluate the players and assistants outside of the line coaches and Cosgrove.

Not much info, but TO has calmed the boosters who initially wanted PUD and Cally gone 2 weeks ago.

I do not know Tom Osborne, have never talked to him but I have a feeling that if he says, "Nothing is going to happen until the end of the season", then nothing is going to happen until the end of the season. Osborne is alot of other things but he is also a man of his word. We are all very fortunate to have two things: One, a guy like him in charge of fixing this mess, and Two, a Chancellor who knows he doesn't know enough about football to do it himself. There are alot of big egos out there who would have screwed this up by now.

Summoning IBR to get him/her to say something in hopes it will come true is pretty ridiculous. Let the situation play itself out. Someone on the inside is going to write a book about this whole season and it will be a best seller in Huskerland.

I'm not blasting IBR, I just said I think it's rude. It is.

rude? rude is coming on this board and making up obvious rumors that people run with and take as fact. from what IBR has posted in the past 2-3 weeks he has been spot on.

Pretty sure I never doubted anything he has said.

:asshat

At this point we're so close to the end that it hardly matters. If they were going to pull the plug they should have done it after Mizzou when we still had a chance of getting back in the thick of things. Now we'll just have to hope that the new HC can come in and make some drastic saves in the recruiting debacle Callahan will leave behind him.

X